JULY 2022 PJ CHARTS :: the renaissance :: Charts Done! | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

JULY 2022 PJ CHARTS :: the renaissance :: Charts Done!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by boombazookajoe, Jul 15, 2022.

?

Have you accepted Beysus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

Poll closed Aug 15, 2022.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. I will soon I've just been really busy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't believe in God but I do believe in Beyonce

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  4. Why are you forcing this ideology on me? (But still yes)

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. 3
    104 points

[​IMG]
    Special | Lizzo
    (9) @GimmeWork @Inland Empire @Remorque @Rogue @Sprockrooster
    (8) @Empty Shoebox @Trouble in Paradise
    (7) @Aester @londonrain
    (6) @Music Is Death @Phonetics Girl
    (5) @Mr Blonde
    (4) @CorgiCorgiCorgi @Sail On
    (3) @Oleander
    (1) @BubblegumBoy

Lizzo slips into the Top 3 by just 2 points with her sophomore album Special! Congrats to Lizzo! Lizzo is a person that I love to the ends of the earth, so it always bums me out when the music doesn't do it for me in the same way. But that's okay. She's killing the game, and I'll always have the Coconut Oil - EP. Highlights on this album for me were "2 Be Loved (I am Ready)," and "Naked."

Last Month: N/A
    Months on 2022 Charts: 1
    Total Charting Months: 1​

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  2. 2
    107 points

[​IMG]
    Surrender | Maggie Rogers
    (10) @Babyface @soratami
    (9) @klow @pop3blow2 @Sail On
    (8) @Aester @ohnostalgia @Oleander
    (7) @Trouble in Paradise
    (6) @4Roses
    (5) @Remorque
    (4) @boombazookajoe @BubblegumBoy @Diet Pop!
    (3) @Rogue @tea

Prior to this album, Maggie was always kind of "easy listening" for me, and I don't mean that in a bad way! Like, she put out the type of music that you could just press play on the album, listen to it while doing work, having guests over, driving -- whatever. It was pleasant, good melodies, good singing, it hit all the right boxes. This album was a bit of a surprise for me. It's not a wild departure, but I do love that she's leaning into some more rock sensibilities and it's a little more adventurous musically than her previous work. It's a solid record and I definitely need to spend a little more time with it.

3. Wow. That was a true battle.

4. And #1.........

[​IMG]

275 points

[​IMG]
    Renaissance | Beyoncé
    (10) @4Roses @Aester @Ashling92 @boombazookajoe @BubblegumBoy @daninternational @Diet Pop! @GimmeWork @Inland Empire @klow @Mr Blonde @ohnostalgia @Oleander @Remorque @Rogue @RUNAWAY @Sail On @Slice of Life @Sprockrooster @tea @Trouble in Paradise
    (9) @Babyface @eccentricsimply @evilsin @Music Is Death
    (8) @Phonetics Girl
    (6) @londonrain
    (5) @CorgiCorgiCorgi
    (4) @Maki @soratami
    (2) @saviodxl

LOL. With more 10's than 2nd place even got votes, Beyonce (obviously) took the crown with #1 this month. Some may call this type of result boring. Well, I call you boring. (I don't actually.) It's felt a little like these BPG moments have been fewer and farther between in the last year or so, so a truly revolutionary masterpiece from an artist who continues to outdo herself should and must be celebrated on this pink hellhole with as much fanfare as humanly possible.

We will talk a lot more about this album once we hit the song charts, since (spoiler alert) a lot of songs charted. But I can say that in the few short weeks it's been out, I think I can say it's my favorite Beyonce album.

5. BUBBLIMG UMBDER
    • Lonely Hearts Club - Ariana and the Rose
    • MAUVAIS DEMONS | Zaoui
    • Genuine - SUNYE
    • S.O.S. - Bonnie Banane
    • Formentera - Metric
    • Egg In The Basket - Em Beihold
    • Sequence: 7272 - CSR
    • DLUXLIFE - Charli Taft
    • THE WAVE OF9 - SF9
    • Las Ruinas - Rico Nasty

6. Jealous of your Jessie tickets!! What an awesome album chart @boombazookajoe loved reading all your thoughts on the albums! Will definitely have to return next month for Omar’s deluxe edition.

7. If you think this is bad, I still confuse Mabel with Kim Petras ddd

So close to have two more French releases in the charts, oh well.

Also, colour me surprised that Nova Twins and Apink CHOBOM are nowhere to be seen on the album charts.

8. The Nova Twins album was a June release, pretty sure it charted last month. It is a shame about Apink CHOBOM though, that's the only album I voted for that didn't chart.

4Roses, Diet Pop!, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  9. Oh wait, it did chart last month and I even voted for it! Just me losing track of time then, nothing surprising...
    (I still have to give a listen to that album oop)

10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

7 out of my 10 albums charted?! Lemme grab this brief moment of relevance dddd. (The three that didn't chart were the new EPs by Ricky Martin and Yuna, and the new Christina Perri album.)

Also, kii at my last-minute ballot pushing Lizzo ahead of Mabel. It's what she deserves. (The most interesting thing about Mabel remains the fact that she's the child of Neneh Cherry and uberproducer Cameron McVey and niece of Eagle-Eye Cherry. Her actual music is perfectly nice but she's still not distinctive enough for her to really stand out.)

11. You're out of your flop era! (Ricky's EP was the only album you voted for that only you voted for, even if Yuna and Christina didn't quite make bubbling.)

12. I almost voted for Ricky but I actually haven’t listened yet and the whole circumstance around release delayed that. Mabel will forever be Don’t Call Me Up girl with the surprising family connection. Her music really is so much more basic than her background dd

13. Unsurprising to see Bey top the charts but also deserved, I literally can’t stop playing Alien Superstar.

(also this is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but you said Charli hasn’t charted previously this year and I don’t think that’s right ddd)

14. I simply don't know what you are talking about. (It's been edited! Thanks for catching that dddd.)

15. Being #2 behind Beyoncé is as good as being #1 any other month so I’m counting this as a win for the Maggie Rogers Hive! What an excellent top 2.

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@boombazookajoe Beabadoobee isn’t a group, she’s a very talented Filipino-British singer songwriter. I forgot that you’re relatively new, so you would’ve missed her previous PJ Chart success.

I realized that I forgot to vote for a song everybody thinks I will vote for. Please know it was a complete oversight and I still love this artist dearly.

Oleander, GimmeWork, tea and 11 others like this.
  17. Ooh. Thanks for the clarification. I'm extra looking forward to checking her out!

Oleander, GimmeWork, tea and 10 others like this.
  18. Yes! So proud of Ms Maggie! She really leveled up and I need Ms Knowles to release the grasp she has on my neck so I can really sink my teeth into it. Shatter is just WOW

19. Umm don't tell me you haven't listened to her material up to Bedroom EP! She really sold out with time but these are lush:

I feel so old when I say it but I miss the 2015-2018 Mabel.

20. Not my pop rock girls renforshort and Mothica getting paid dust

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.