JULY 2022 PJ CHARTS :: the renaissance :: Charts Done! | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

JULY 2022 PJ CHARTS :: the renaissance :: Charts Done!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by boombazookajoe, Jul 15, 2022.

?

Have you accepted Beysus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

Poll closed Aug 15, 2022.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. I will soon I've just been really busy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't believe in God but I do believe in Beyonce

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  4. Why are you forcing this ideology on me? (But still yes)

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. 20
    19 points

[​IMG]
    Gemini Rights | Steve Lacy
    (8) @Mr Blonde (5) @Sail On (4) @tea (2) @Diet Pop!

@Sail On last minute ballot bumped this up from 31st to 20th -- so be sure to thank them!

Last Month: N/A
    Months on 2022 Charts: 1
    Total Charting Months: 1​

2. 19
    22 points

[​IMG]
    Moodswings In To Order | DPR Ian
    (8) @RUNAWAY (7) @boombazookajoe @ohnostalgia

@Slice of Life where was your vote for this? Think about how much higher it would have ranked. I hope your vacation goes miserably. (I don't.) I liked but didn't love his album (of a similar name) Moodswings in This Order that came out last year, so count me as pleasantly shocked that this has skyrocketed to one of my K-albums of the year. Yes, in a month when Renaissance came out, I almost have as many scrobbles for this album as I do for Bey. It's that good.

3. 18
    24 points

[​IMG]
    Crash | Charli XCX
    (8) @Ashling92 @evilsin (5) @Babyface (3) @saviodxl

One of the struggles of listening to so much music is that sometimes albums that I can think are genuinely brilliant or amazing can come and go in such a quick flash. I wore this album out when it came out (it's my second highest scrobbled album this year after Seventeen's "Face The Sun") but I also feel like I haven't listened to really since the month in came out.

Last Month: 9 (down 9)
    Months on 2022 Charts: 5
    Total Charting Months: 5​

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  4. I was hoping to get through the first 20 albums today, so I got through 22. Yay me!

Rest of the albums will be revealed tomorrow!

I tend to not do a lot of computer time on the weekends so unless I am able to plow through albums and songs tomorrow, songs will be revealed next Mon/Tue.

5. Absolutely correct! Though depending on the context - it could also mean ‘I don’t know if I’m alright’ Like if she were responding to someone asking in conversation whether she were fine.

I am currently in Mauritius and this was how my cousin answered me a couple of days ago when I asked how she was in reference to her wedding preparations ddd

6. 17
    24 points

[​IMG]
    Chilli Beans | Chilli Beans
    (9) @Oleander (4) @berserkboi (3) @CorgiCorgiCorgi @Phonetics Girl @pop3blow2 (2) @Empty Shoebox

We love a self-titled! Happy to see a Japanese language entry on the charts this month too! I just listened to L.I.B. and I think I may need to listen to this whole album?

7. 16
    24 points

[​IMG]
    You Still Here, Ho? | Flo Milli
    (9) @Mr Blonde (5) @Diet Pop! @klow (3) @4Roses (2) @Aester (1) @tea

This album cover and title cracks me up, I love it.

8. 15
    26 points

[​IMG]
    WE NEED LOVE | STAYC
    (7) @Slice of Life (6) @eccentricsimply (5) @ohnostalgia @RUNAWAY (3) @soratami

STAYC's last mini turned me from a lowkey anti to a full on Stayc Girl. While I echo my sentiments about WJSN's new album (in that, 3 songs don't make an album...) this is another excellent inclusion into STAYC's growing discography, and the remix of RUN2U included -- this is how you do remixes.

9. 14
    28 points

[​IMG]
    PLASMA | Perfume
    (10) @evilsin (9) @RUNAWAY (7) @Empty Shoebox (2) @Oleander

Japanese Justice strikes again! @RUNAWAY did you tell me about this? If so, sorry I didn't listen to you. If not, WHY?! Just listened to "Spinning World" and damn this album is getting added to my library immediately. Fuckkkk.

10. 13
    32 points

[​IMG]
    girls | aespa
    (10) @eccentricsimply (5) @Oleander (6) @evilsin (7) @GimmeWork (4) @Slice of Life

After the year they had last year, I really thought I had reached blind stan levels with aespa where I would just love everything. Turns out -- I didn't. Pre-release track "Illusion" and B-Side "Lingo" are excellent, but try as I might, I can't get into the rest of it for the life of me. Still icons, though.

11. 12
    42 points

[​IMG]
    MUNA | MUNA
    (8) @Music Is Death @Sail On (6) @daninternational @GimmeWork @Rogue (5) @WoW73 (3) @Babyface

Our #1 smasher from last month almost snatches a Top 10 placement on the July charts! This album has continued to reveal itself to me on repeat listens, and it absolutely sits up there with their very best. They are one of my most anticipated live shows in ages. (Seeing them in Sept!)

Last Month: 1 (down 12)
    Months on 2022 Charts: 2
    Total Charting Months: 2​

12. 10
    49 points

[​IMG]
    Bare&Rare, Pt. 1 | CHUNG HA
    (8) @boombazookajoe @Slice of Life (7) @CorgiCorgiCorgi @evilsin @Oleander (6) @Empty Shoebox @RUNAWAY

And our highest ranking K-Pop album this month just barely cracks the Top 10. Congrats to Miss Chung Ha! As one of her most vocal supporters on this sub-forum, even I can admit this doesn't hit quite as hard as her last masterpiece Querencia, but this is still a sold collection of bops (lead by the gorgeous "Sparkling") and I am very eager to hear how Part 2, due out later this year, rounds out the entire collection. Other highlights are "California Dream" and "Good Night My Princess."

13. 9
    55 points

[​IMG]
    emails i can't send | Sabrina Carpenter
    (10) @Music Is Death @saviodxl (9) @soratami (8) @Diet Pop!
    (7) @pop3blow2 (5) @Aester (2) @4Roses @Remorque @Sail On

The early batch of voters had this album in the top 2 for quite a while, but as the ballots continued to come in it wasn't meant to be, and Sabrina has to settle for a respectable 9th on our charts. I'm still waiting for her to top "In My Bed" for me.

14. I'll finish the rest of the albums up shortly but I have to take a quick break and try and snag these Jessie Ware tix that go on sale in 5 mins. Wish me luck! Xx

15. [​IMG]

64 points

[​IMG]
    Hold On Baby | King Princess
    (9) @BubblegumBoy @Phonetics Girl (8) @klow (7) @Mr Blonde @tea
    (6) @Oleander (4) @pop3blow2 @Rogue (3) @Diet Pop! @Inland Empire @Remorque (1) @saviodxl

I liked King Princess' last album, but there were a few singles after that made me lose interest. Still, when I saw Kacey Musgraves and KP opened, they were an electrifying live show and made me want to get re-invested. (It hasn't actually happened yet, but I plan to listen to this album soon.)

16. 5
    77 points

[​IMG]
    The Lead | FLO
    (10) @CorgiCorgiCorgi @londonrain @Maki
    (8) @soratami
    (7) @Diet Pop! @eccentricsimply
    (6) @livefrommelbs
    (5) @Rogue
    (3) @Aester @boombazookajoe

I cannot tell you how excited I am for these ladies and their growing popularity and success. I don't know, I think I was a bit burned by stanning June's Diary as hard as I did only for them to go absolutely nowhere, that I was nervous when "Cardboard Box" came out to get too excited too soon. But these girls are thriving and I see them discussed all over social media. This is such a tight little debut and I cannot wait to see where they go.

17. We finally break 100 points in the charts ... and when I tell you it was a BATTLE between 4-2.

101 points

[​IMG]
    About Last Night | Mabel
    (9) @Aester @CorgiCorgiCorgi @saviodxl
    (8) @daninternational @Inland Empire @WoW73
    (7) @BubblegumBoy @Phonetics Girl @Remorque @Rogue
    (6) @Diet Pop! @soratami
    (5) @Empty Shoebox
    (3) @londonrain
    (2) @tea

I'm going to admit something embarrassing. Until I pulled up the album cover and listened to a song from this album for the purpose of this write-up, I was confusing Mabel with Astrid. I couldn't begin to tell you why, but that obviously means I don't have anything particularly educated to say about Mabel sdhfdhfd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.