Justin Bieber - 5th studio album | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Bieber - 5th studio album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, May 5, 2017.

1. I'm so here for this. Purpose was amazing.

Syzygyz and Leopold like this.
  2. The kid needs to take the time to rest. Didn't he just end a tour or about to go on another?

ohnostalgia, Leopold and Someboy like this.
  3. He's still mid-tour. Doesn't end for another 5 months.

4. This is not in his best interests.

5. He could barely handle the last one I'm not sure this is the right move.

Unless he pulls a Zayn and just releases music and goes MIA.

Leopold and lushLuck like this.
  6. He still tours a couple months but has very few shows. I'm curious for whats next.

7. He's beaten the tropical trend to absolute death, so it'll be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Suzie and Leopold like this.
  8. The poor kid really does need to just finish the never ending tour and come back in 2018 after a long rest. He won't survive another album cycle and tour without a propper rest.

Someboy and lushLuck like this.
  9. He's at the point where he doesn't need to do promo at all. He doesn't necessarily HAVE to tour a new album either. The Purpose era/tour was milked for every inch of its life but it put him in a place where he'll probably never have to do that much promo work again. As long as he drops some music videos & 1 or 2 award show performances, he can take it relatively easy going into a new era.

Suzie, Leopold and Island like this.
  10. I doubt his management would see it like that.

11. This sounds great...in theory.

12. I mean, true. But, don't forget that a LOT of leg work had to go into that era & rehabbing his image. Before Where Are U Now happened, a lot of people thought it was a real possibility that he was officially over. With that being said, I do agree that his management forcing him to tour for as long as he has & doing a stadium tour off the back of that was kind of stupid and came off as a bit exploitative. I wouldn't be shocked if there's a repeat of that but at the same time, forcing him through all of that means that he won't HAVE to do it all again for the time being. If Scooter & his team are as awful as we think they are, we might witness this kind of mess again but I'm gonna silently hope that they aren't.

Sanctuary likes this.
  13. The Purpose album campaign was masterfully handled, wasn't it. He's so well positioned now I can barely remember that time when everyone thought Bieber's career was over.

Suzie, ohnostalgia, Rem and 4 others like this.
  14. Will Martin Garrix produce?

15. This album will be so highly anticipated. Purpose was such an all-round success (despite him appearing to do his best to derail it); he managed to score multiple smash hits whilst also creating an impressive body of work, and also managed to significantly broaden his audience/the number of people who would be willing to admit to enjoying his music.

The features he's done since have generally been great too so he's played his cards exactly right (musically speaking) to position himself well for the follow up.

16. He needs an 9-10 track album, all killer no filler. That's it.

17. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

I will file a lawsuit in his defense if he's forced to put out another album before 2020. Let this kid breathe.

18. Yeah, um... what the hell.

19. I feel like the Purpose era probably benefitted a bit from him only really doing one music video, and not appearing in the others. For me though it almost felt like the album cycle was over after that first single, except for his presence on radio. Granted, I'm not much of a fan. For his fans it was probably all very fulfilling.

I agree with everyone else- considering how poorly he handles pressure and how depressed (?- I'm not trying to diagnose anybody) he seems to get, I would hold off for another year on an album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.