Justin Bieber - 5th studio album | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Bieber - 5th studio album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, May 5, 2017.

1. Boppity bop.

2. It starts out really, really poorly, and the lyrics are pretty terrible, but the first prechorus onward is a certified bop. He's going to end up with 5 or 6 US Number 1s this year, amazing.

Meathook likes this.
  3. I wouldn't mind but none of these songs are as good as Cold Water or Let Me Love You

Suzie and lushLuck like this.
  4. I think it's better than "Let Me Love You" but not great, weaker than all his other recent features definitely.

He's the world's biggest popstar, right?

5. Is he though? On the most hit songs doing the absolute least, but is he GIVING the world anything pop star esque?

6. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

I mean, one could say giving the world hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit is the defining quality to be 'pop star esque'. He's not live streaming his therapy sessions or posting pictures of his pregnant belly on Instagram though, true.

7. Why is this so un-deceptively snide?

8. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

I'm not going to defend Justin Bieber all day, but surely delivering hits is the primo qualification of being a pop star and the rest is just a bonus?

theincredibleflipper and Salami like this.
  9. Sis............

Syzygyz likes this.
  10. RJF

RJF

Absolutely not.

heavymetalGAGA, lushLuck and Mr.Arroz like this.
  11. iTunes peaks can't buy you a good live performance.

heavymetalGAGA and lushLuck like this.
  12. What...even is this post? Like, no.

13. He's certainly the biggest pop star on the worldwide singles chart, which I'd say ranks him pretty high.

14. I believe @dylanaber's original post was referring to 'biggest pop star' in terms of having a constant flow of worldwide smash singles. Having had three consecutive #1's with Purpose in many countries, and following it up with a slew of successful features, I think it's safe to say he is unfortunetly the biggest pop star in terms of singles success at the moment.

Rem, Suzie, dylanaber and 1 other person like this.
  15. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Which popstars do people adore that release consistently bad music? Literally every big popstar through time got there by releasing hits. Now that Justin is doing it the goal posts have moved? Good to know.

Leopold likes this.
  16. He's a pop star. He just isn't a very good one in any area that isn't his actual music.

Mr.Arroz and bess marvin like this.
  17. I just think the playing field has changed a bit, so a long run of hit singles will put you high on the ranks, but he's still doesn't have Taylor's album sales, Adele's accolades, or Beyonce's presence.

Hit singles aren't all it takes anymore; just ask Rihanna, who has cemented her place by not relying on one disposable hit after the other.

18. Purpose is over 10 Million copies worldwide with SPS.

Biggest =/= best and so they don't have to be conflated with each other.

He has the most-streamed album in history and some of the biggest certified songs in history, all while sitting in the Top 3 with multiple entries for longer than The Beatles did.

This is all very One Love Manchester live-viewing where the entire PopJustice thread moans while he's on all the while the entire stadium is singing every word. He's literally huge.

19. Oh I'm saying this as someone who's paid to see him in concert on 4 separate occasions and think 'Sorry' is one of the defining pop songs of recent years. He's the biggest singles artist of the moment, and I'd rank him alongside the likes of Katy & Rihanna, but I just don't think he has the clout of artists like Beyonce/Adele/Taylor yet.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.