Justin Bieber - Boyfriend (1st Single) | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Bieber - Boyfriend (1st Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by AllStar7, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Is this a joke or something? Song of the day? Oh dear!

This sounds like a parody of Justin Timberlake's worst songs.

2. nevermind

nevermind Guest

Justin Bieber is a PJ favourite. The end is really near.
    Stranger things will happen untill December 21, I suppose...

3. IotV

IotV Guest

The melody is brilliant, the vocals are good in places, the lyrics are dire. So, an average 'good' pop song!

4. 'One Time' >>>>>>>>> all.

Also, I find it HILARIOUS that people in this thread feel embarrassed or ashamed about liking a Justin Bieber song. Er, why?

5. Because nobody wants to be mistaken for a "Belieber".

6. I don't get the love. It is ok, nice direction for him but it really does not sound all that. It is average radio filler. Baby is still his best song for me, followed by Next To You (don't shoot me).

7. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Why do you think? Justin Bieber isn't exactly considered 'cool' or taken seriously in 'society', nor do people want to be seen as those rabid fans/'stans' on Twitter...

8. I think it will change with his new single/album though. Especially if he sticks with the hip-hop/RnB sound.

9. Reminding myself that Justin Timberlake was patently uncool when Like I Love You came out is helping me manage my cringe-rate.

10. Erm, this is PopJustice. A place where The Saturdays and Rachel Stevens are lauded.

11. The Saturdays and Rachel Stevens were actually cool though.

12. LJB

LJB

Neither Rachel Stevens, nor The Saturdays have really fucking creepy, massive fanbases/cults of 10 year olds.

Nor are they pop cultural teenage phenomena who could probably do without such invincibility at 18 years of age which has the potential to turn such 18 year old into a fucking monster.

13. So people find music embarrassing if they have an extremely devoted fanbase? Sad.

14. So he's coming out.

15. It's alright, sounds a bit average though, compared to how much it's been hyped up in here.

16. Exactly. I fail to see how is much different, content OR vocal-wise, from anything else he's ever released.

17. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Why does he whisper "arsewipe arsewipe arsewipe" near the start?

I hate when male singers release stuff like this.

* lyrics that say how "amazing" they are
    * whispery parts where they try to sound sexy
    * awkward rapping
    * s-s-stuttering
    * minimal production, in an effort to sound "hip"

The chorus sounds like it could be an old *NSync track. Maybe a Glee cover can save it.

18. I don't like how the Song of the Day article reckons this is some sort of massive pop moment. It isn't.

19. It kinda is.

This single would've been a number one (in america at least) regardless of what they put out.

To actually release something quite listenable hints that Beiber has potential to breakout from being a hit with only ten year old girls.

20. I think the song is a step in the right direction but the production is very Neptunes, very noughties .i.e. dated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.