Justin Bieber - Boyfriend (1st Single) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Bieber - Boyfriend (1st Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by AllStar7, Mar 1, 2012.

1. In just one hour the one minute snippet has amassed almost 24,000 plays.

EDIT: Is this what Conor Maynard was going for ?

2. This is very early 2000s sounding from the clips. I'm kind of interested to hear it in full. His voice also sounds a lot better than what he does on tracks like Baby and Somebody To Love (which was always going to be unsustainable since he would have to hit puberty). I don't know if it will be a hit but I think it will surprise people.

3. The ad-libs in the second chorus sound like they were recorded pre-puberty, they're so high! I can see that weird descending sound getting quite grating, also. Difficult to judge from the preview, I'm not buying it straight away haha!

4. I love it. I really, genuinely do. The lyrics are abysmal, but he sounds so good, and I'm so glad this turned out good! It might not sound like a huge lead single, but it's much better than 85% of everything else he's done before.

5. It's a terrible song, but it sounds like a hit to me. Or at least a bigger hit than anything he's released previously.

6. That's the thing. It's shit but it's the most listenable thing he's released so far. So naturally it will be #1 for the next year.

7. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

Oh My God the way this has exploded onto iTunes. Two hours available and already #7. Talking about the US here. The Beliebers trying to get this #1 might just work.

8. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

Very early 00s...it reminds me a lot of "Like I Love You". It won't smash that hard, he needs something stronger to overcome the Bieber stigma.

9. 3Xs

3Xs

*beat starts*
    3Xs: "oooooooooooooh this beat knocks kinda hard"
    "if I was your boyfr-"
    3Xs: *runs*

10. Love the production.
    Hate the lyrics.

11. Holy fucking shit, he changed his style so much. The production of this sounds so mature, his vocal sounds more mature, only lyrics are... I can't get over that swaggie.

12. I love it.

13. I kinda really love this.

14. I like his voice on this. The beats don't really do it for me.

The beginning is fun

15. I really like this!

16. Can't help but feel Mike Posner's original version would have been far more better.

17. I'm really enjoying it. It's swaggie.

18. dead good. who'd have thought?

19. popknark

popknark Moderator

#1 on Swedish iTunes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.