Justin Timberlake - General Discussion | Page 88 | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Timberlake - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Helena, Dec 18, 2006.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Lyrically, musically, visually... on every level it is pure trash.

A zero in every respect.

johnny_tsunami and Andy French like this.
  2. I think it kinda bops, but yeah, subject-wise it's no bueno. It's a no from me!

3. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

This slapped as well.

Maybe dance music was his genre and he didn't realise it.

4. JC doing the backing vocals on this has always been so left-field to me, but yes. Simply Being Loved is genuinely one of my favorite songs of all time and BT should've had more of a Moment as a pop producer.

man.tis.shrimp, lushLuck and stoicist like this.
  5. What tickles me is that in 2017 I wrote a piece for VICE on why Justin Timberlake just isn’t great anymore and still to this day I’m getting American bros finding my Instagram and DMing me calling me an asshole and a hater.

Like who hurt you?!!

LPT, Island, Slice of Life and 13 others like this.
  6. JC had the better voice, the better moves and the better looks. But Justin had the biggest celebrity (thanks Britney) and the better material, probably because JC decided to write and produce most of his debut himself and decided to make everything hypersexual. This Dallas Austin bop was pretty good though

LPT, Island, acl and 8 others like this.
  7. This used to be my jam (and content of my sexxx dreams) in 2006.

Dejan and Craigizzle like this.
  8. Unfortunately the music was a bit shit.

9. Honestly, Zane Lowe's behaviour in that video (and most of his other interviews). Talk about insufferable. Only he can make JT seem bearable by comparison.

But that was a pretty interesting interview; it was great to hear the stories behind those songs and his thoughts on them (except the awful Can't Stop The Feeling, which even he can't seem to hide his disdain for). Those early JT albums were hugely formative parts of my musical journey growing up - I played them to death back in the day, as did most people. It's easy to forget now just how big a deal he was in the early 00s.

blaze_dave and P'NutButter like this.
  10. and nothing from Man Of The Woods.

blaze_dave and Madaboutmusic like this.
  12. I have never felt more second hand embarrassment than watching Zane Lowe in this interview. It's like he's in a JT suck up contest. And he's winning.

That said, Justin does have some classics.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    heavymetalGAGA and Madaboutmusic like this.
  13. Justified and Futuresex/ Lovesounds really are modern classics.

lushLuck and blaze_dave like this.
  14. Throwback thirst traps to encourage voting, anyone?

15. Not mad at it, honestly, but I am trash.

16. Sounds ok...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.