Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods | Page 100 | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by UndercovaSista, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Supplies is the next track released, the one from the trailer.

2. Read some reviews of 1oak.
    [​IMG]

lushLuck, inevitable and papatrick like this.
  3. Grim stuff.

lushLuck and inevitable like this.
  4. Based on the snippets (groan) I think this is going be another JT album, for better or worse. If you love his past work as I do, that's great. If you wanted him to do something different, I don't think it will really be a world away from the material we're familiar with. This is obviously extrapolating based on the info we have, but it definitely doesn't seem like the sea change that some were hoping for/worried about.

Watch me be completely wrong and the entire album is a klezmer Tennessee R&B backwoods hybrid ddd

5. Keep the faith, Drewsie.

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  6. This is the one from the trailer that I really like. That’s not a Pharrell track, though, and “Supplies” is a Pharrell track, right?

7. I think there were two songs in the trailer?

goldsoundz likes this.
  8. Are those first two clips different songs, then? The vocal melody is so similar, and the beat change reminds me of "What Goes Around." Or am I missing an earlier song in the trailer? I guess it’s also possible that “Supplies” is actually Timbo, or Pharrell totally jacked his sound.

ETA: I really liked whatever is in the trailer, so whether it's one song or two different songs, I hope it (if one) or one of them (if two) is really up next.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    mindtrappa likes this.
  9. Scream at 1Oak of all places.

Rem, FridayNight, lushLuck and 6 others like this.
  10. BML

BML

I spent a good 20 minutes reading Yelp reviews earlier and WHEW! It's almost performance art at this point.

Island and Laura Vanderbooben like this.
  11. It's also like...not particularly trendy at this point teebs? Maybe it's had a resurgence but I haven't heard about anyone going to 1Oak in years. I used to know a couple bottle service girls there dddd.

12. My 2010, 2011 days at 1OAK in LA were quite grim. No need to revisit.

EDIT: realizing I'm mixing that up with Hyde. I have never been to 1Oak, praise be. Same SBE-style garbage.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Rem, goldsoundz, inevitable and 6 others like this.
  13. It just seems like such a dull, transparent, cringeworthy scene. JT must still think it's 2007, or just genuinely like it.

lushLuck, Digital_Fossil and QueenB like this.
  14. Neither bodes too well.

Euphoria likes this.
  15. Listening again on headphones and it’s definitely “Supplies.” It really does sound like a smash. That 808 is crazy. Hopefully Pharrell & Chad were on their A-game with Ariana, too.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  16. Ugh. I keep forgetting hes going to be around here constantly in the next month.

LPT likes this.
  17. I feel like I keep having to preface all of my posts here with, "I am a JT fan but..."

What a terrible idea.

LPT, londonrain and lushLuck like this.
  18. I can't believe his estate is letting Justin have a party in Prince's home. Will they be renting it out for bar mitzvahs next?

lushLuck likes this.
  19. For the right price, probably.

lushLuck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.