Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods | Page 226 | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by UndercovaSista, Oct 1, 2017.

1. "BUT HE'S SO FUNNY ON SNL!!" - Brenda from finance.

2. He reminded me of Negan from Walking Dead last night.

Tribal Spaceman and Solenciennes like this.
  3. Say Something is currently sitting atop the iTunes chart...

4. The album has shot back up into the Top 5 and all. In fact the top six artist albums were all performers last night, it's been a while since the BRITs had that kind of impact.

RossMusik likes this.
  5. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I thought his performances were fine, it was everything you could expect from a Timberlake comeback promo slot; he sang, he did choreography and segued into a White Guy With Guitar slot with no complications.

6. And y'all thought he wouldn't get a #1 single!

K94, mmcg10, Lander and 18 others like this.
  7. Today I was reminded that Blue Ocean Floor is one of the best things he’s ever done. If he did a whole album with that blissful atmosphere it would be his Vespertine or Ray Of Light.

But next time we’ll all get more Timbaland/Pharell as if the year is 2006 - and we will deal but not very well.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. I heard Supplies for the first time yesterday. Granted, I was in the shower so may have not had my best ears on, but I really liked it. I liked it more than Say Something and Filthy I was bopping.

Ddarko77 likes this.
  9. I have successfully not heard anything from this album yet and I intend to keep it that way.

10. 2014

2014 Moderator

My colleagues keep insisting on playing this album and saying its good and even using the words 'groovy' I might sack myself

11. I will probably give the album a listen soon because I ended up buying tickets to the tour.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Well I am still all over Higher Higher, Montana, Breeze Off The Pond, Livin' Off The Land, Sauce and Midnight Summer Jam. They're genuinely great songs with a lot of replay value.

varjak, lushLuck and ElectricKnight like this.
  13. All my favourites too, especially Higher Higher - such a gorgeous song. There’s some really great stuff on the album and I’m glad to hear people are listening and discovering it.

14. Smelly straights detected.

15. 'Breeze Off The Pond' though is genuinely a brilliant song.

Digital_Fossil and lushLuck like this.
  16. I listened to Man of the Woods for the first time right now. I thought it was a really enjoyable album! It's not my new favorite or anything, but I thought it was a very earthy and sweet album obviously for his son.

ElectricKnight likes this.
  17. Say Something has grown on me and I hate that I'm admitting this

18. I'm uhh, gonna join in with the sudden burst of slight positivity around this album and say I gave it another listen today, and I kinda love Livin' Off the Land now. Midnight Summer Jam and Wave are also growing on me.

God forgive my sins.

MrMannacroix and lushLuck like this.
  19. The most outside exposure I’ve gotten of any of the singles has been overhearing my sister singing “Say Something” because it’s apparently her father’s favorite song at the moment.

20. He's going to be top 10 in the UK with Say Something this week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.