Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by citoig, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Surprised this hasn't been picked up on here yet (that I can see, at least), but Digital Spy have an interview in which Jim Beanz claims work is underway on Timberlake's mythical third album. I know Popjustice said he was scoring some film as well, but I don't imagine he'd be working with Jim Beanz for that one, so it seems promising.

The interview is pretty standard fluff for the most part, but the promise that he's "doing something different" to music radio is kind of hopeful.

(I'm sure we've had a thread for this before, but there's no way of finding it, to be honest!)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. RJF

RJF

Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

It's about fucking time.

3. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

I like his singles and hate his acting so good news.

4. Loveplus31

Loveplus31 Guest

I find this interesting because when you think about it there was a similar time gap between Justified and FutureSex/LoveSounds. He's also been featuring heavily on popular tracks since 2008 so it's not like he's been completely absent from music. This is just something I realized when I heard the news.

5. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

SexyBack 2.0?!!

*weeps with happiness*

6. Archvile6

Archvile6 Guest

Not that I particularly like him, but if there's any justice in the world maybe he can come back and flick Justin Bieber off the arm of the music industry.

7. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

Not really? Justified and FutureSex had a less than four year gab between them, we're already pushing on six years (FutureSex was 2006), that's a massive difference in pop music. He's not Kate Bush, like.

8. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

Um, he denied it.

His nasal-thin vocals will not be missed.

9. Loveplus31

Loveplus31 Guest

Does his Michael Jackson rip-off look and music even have a place in 2012. With 'Believe' Justin Bieber essentially usurped his market.

10. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

Ah. Goddammit.

11. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

No, Bieber is doing what Timberlake did back in 2006. Not even that, Bieber is doing Timberlake circa Justified.

Justin Timberlake will come back with something new and fresh, but undoubtedly slick and polished. And about time too, he's only the best male popstar around.

12. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

EW

13. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

Nobody wants to hear Shock Value 3.

For fucks sake, Justin. I want more slick vocals and sexy visuals.

Alas...

14. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

Love some of his songs, but other than that I couldn't be bothered really. For some reason I don't find him or his music that interesting.

15. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

I was finally excited for new JT tracks again, it really is about time! Bit gutted that it's not happening now, it just feels like the wait is forever. He says that he loves music but he clearly doesn't have the drive anymore.

16. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

My thoughts exactly...

17. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

I know he could love acting more, but he's so much more popular and successful as a musician. He needs to sort his life out.

18. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Stay away Mr Boring. Thanks.

19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

On the one hand, it might be nice. But on the other, I feel like everyone has moved on by now.

What he could really work on is his acting.

20. Re: Justin Timberlake - Third Album

And what you could do is close this thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.