Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience | Page 168 | The Popjustice Forum

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by citoig, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's not the best song on the album but Suit & Tie is still quite nice, I particularly like the production.

2. Any news on a Not a bad thing video?

3. Part I is much better than Part II.

It has Strawberry Bubblegum and Tunnel Vision.

4. ... And not forgetting Don't Hold The Wall, Mirrors and Blue Ocean Floor.

5. The five best songs cited in two posts. Well done.

6. I still haven't listened to Part 2. I should probably get round to it but, given that it seems to register all of the same issues as Part 1, the two tracks I've heard ('Take Back The Night', 'TKO') have been overwhelmingly average and people generally cite it as being generally inferior, it just feels like too much of a chore.

7. They are very close in quality but when I think of it this way:

My five favorite from both: True Blood, Mirrors, Not A Bad Thing, Body Count, Gimme What I Don't Know.
    My five least favorite from both: Spaceship Coupe, That Girl, Suit & Tie, Cabaret, Pair Of Wings

... Part 2 just edges it.

8. Part 2 has TKO, Murder, Drink You Away, Only When I Walk Away, Not A Bad Thing and Pair Of Wings, all those validate its existence.

9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

10. "based on a true story" instantly bored.

11. Part II is way better !

12. Nobody gives a shit, Justin.

13. What a random... thing. It was a nice idea I guess.

14. #LAME. His one chance to get a hit and he fucks it up. I want to hear the song a see a good video Flopstin, not hear people talk over it!

15. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the world's worst attempt at incorporating social media 'phenomena' into a pop release goes to...
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the world's most bland album campaign of all time continues.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the world keeps on turning.

16. Part 2 is more percussive and wild in a way. Part 1 is more chill and minimalist.

I like Part 2 more.

17. So disappointing that he has blown such a good song with such a shitty video. It's fine to watch as a piece just once but it's not what should be played on music TV at all - he has had the worst track record with videos this era.

18. QUIT Justin.

19. Totally agree, I love Part 2 so much more than Part 1...

20. BML

BML

Well, that's his 2014 disappointment quota filled. Can Smugstin crawl back under his rock now please? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.