Justin Timberlake

You didn’t BENEFIT from a system that condones misogyny and racism YOU ACTIVELY PARTICIPATED.

Oh, so you’re sorry —- now?! For what exactly? Too little too late. I’m not buying it. You’ve known about this and had people coming at you on both women’s behalf for decades and this documentary is why you finally speak up?

Nope. Not good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on Twitter reminded me this week of the time during one of his concerts in 2007 he started (or finished?) What Goes Around by singing Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" and changed the lyric to "I remember when she lost her mind...". There was a potato quality video of it back then which I can't find now. It's the asshole moves like that and subtweeting Prince and Janet on the same song (who the fuck does that?) that he specifically should apologise for, not some vague half-apology about being a product of a flawed system. That's... not what makes you an asshole.

It's long overdue, but good on him for swallowing his pride and owning up to some of his mistakes. I'd rather see someone take ownership and try to move on than to just bury their head in the sand.
He's a father of two young children, I can only assume that gave him time to reflect on his life choices. Not to mention he is not at the top of the food chain now and can see how the industry build him up and how he let that happen now that they aren't behind him anymore, giving him a small taste of how every female artist is treated.
We have to believe that people can regret, learn and change - otherwise what’s the point? But we don’t owe people any more than that

he/him
Again - do I believe that Justin Timberlake has matured and changed significantly in the last two decades? Sure. I would certainly hope so. But I don't think it's a stretch to say that it's hard to trust this apology when he has a history of being disingenuous and opportunistic, which is something that's coloring how I personally read it.

I mean... he's been dragged for a couple of years now and he had no intention of apologizing a few years back when he did the Super Bowl. His ability to weasel his way out of scandals is remarkable and this "apology" is another example of it. Surely, he'll still get on with his career, but he'll forever be associated as a manipulative fuckboy who used two legendary women to get ahead in Hollywood. #NeverForget.

I’ll also say that people analyzing whether the apologies of Sarah Silverman, Perez Hilton and Justin Timberlake are genuine... isn’t even an ounce comparable to the suffering Britney Spears endures to this day because they left her high and dry. So I’d better not have to clock someone on social media who will try it with the “Poor wittle Justin chased by the cancel mob, I’m so proud of you, now, move on!”

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any articles summarising what HE did to Janet in full detail? Trying to let it be known how he profited from the takedown of two women now it's on locals radar.

I'm willing to believe him if he can figure out ways to elevate Janet and Britney that don't center around him. Introduce them to collaborators (or lawyers nn), go to bat on their behalf. Not like either of them are charity cases, but I do think he probably carries more clout in certain areas of the industry just by nature of where his career is, so leverage that shit hunny.

I'm willing to believe him if he can figure out ways to elevate Janet and Britney that don't center around him. Introduce them to collaborators (or lawyers nn), go to bat on their behalf. Not like either of them are charity cases, but I do think he probably carries more clout in certain areas of the industry just by nature of where his career is, so leverage that shit hunny.

I would like to see this. It's what Britney needs.

I'm not sure he's changed all that much as a person either? I've read multiple stories (so obviously a pinch of salt) about him being an alleged asshole behind the scenes as well. Whether it's to people within the industry or to those who are service staff at bars and restaurants. He's coasted along for 20 years on this supposed "nice guy" routine but it's clear he's nothing of the sort. The male equivalent of Ellen DeGeneres.

It's kind of hard to take it seriously when this is all clearly a response to the Britney doc, yet he lumps two separate and in many ways different sets of transgressions together without really giving specific apologies for, or accounts of, either one. If you hadn't been following any of these people and you read that apology would you have any idea what he was apologising for?

Clearly he feels forced to make some sort of token apology to Britney and figures he can just throw Janet in too and kill two birds with one stone. In fact they're probably calculating that making it broader will disguise its vagueness.

It's kind of hard to take it seriously when this is all clearly a reponse to the Britney doc, yet he lumps two separate and in many ways different sets of transgressions together without really giving specific apologies for, or accounts of, either one. If you hadn't been following any of these people and you read that apology would you have any idea what he was apologising for?

Clearly he feels forced to make some sort of token apology to Britney and figures he can just throw Janet in too and kill two birds with one stone. In fact they're probably calculating that making it broader will disguise its vagueness.

They’re relying on it, probably. On the Britney part, I’m already seeing the “But, didn’t she cheat?” take and with Janet that it was her doing. I hope they know the fans have time this week to really get into it and explain every time.