K. Michelle | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

K. Michelle

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BeingBoring., Mar 31, 2011.

1. This is a very mixtape affair with a lot of shit to sift through to get to the jams. Along with some very cringey interludes. Her first album remains her strongest.

‘Rounds’ however is the one. Probably my favroute cut from the album along with ‘Talk To God’.

2. She is an astonishing talent.

londonrain likes this.
  3. I loved Birthday again after it came up on shuffle and I was impressed, even if it's hazey 2010's R&B by the numbers. I was shocked at how her last album came in at number 2 but this peaked at number 56.

londonrain likes this.
  4. New single from her last R&B album. Her next album will apparently be a country album.

lemonsqueezyy, AshleyKerwin and Shia like this.
  5. EVERYTHING. I've been bumping this non-stop for the past few weeks.

Shia likes this.
  6. Her videos are always on point.

Shia likes this.
  7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The groove is decent but the lyrics are... something.

8. The Rain is really nice - the lyrics kinda make me laugh though.

londonrain likes this.

9. I legit don’t care if this song is about making her cat wet, this is a damn BOP!

10. New album out:

Will start listening soon.

11. It’s like she tries to have terrible album covers.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Ciara’s Prayer revolving around the line “Ain't no future anyway, pray the prayer Ciara prayed“?

Ciara ha everlasting impact.

TRAVVV and nooniebao like this.
  13. Alright so I've always been a fan of Kim - I love her voice, her attitude, her personality - but with her previous albums I've found that most of the album is "meh", saved by a handful of bops. Not only is All Monsters Are Human her first album that from start-to-finish absolutely slaps, but it's the only album I've been able to listen to altogether for the past month and a half (apart from the results of me culling her good songs from previous albums).

Like... It's been a while since I've felt this way regarding an artist but like, I'm really proud of her. She left Atlantic and the result is her best album hands down? I just feel good listening to the album knowing how it's exactly what she wanted it to be, I guess. Maybe that's lame but I was hoping maybe somebody else could relate. This album just hits different.

14. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Supahood exists so I wouldn’t say this slaps completely from start to finish, but it’s a good album.

Right now my ranking is
    Anybody Wanna Buy A Heart?
    Rebellious Soul
    More Issues Than Vogue
    All Monsters Are Human
    Kimberly: The People I Used To Know

but I look forward to getting to know the new album better.

TRAVVV likes this.

15. Looks like the Country album is here soon! I haven't really spent much time with her music in recent years but this is something I've been eagerly anticipating since Memphis came out.

aboutyounow likes this.
  16. She pushed back the country album again and dropped the first single to her “final” R&B album.

I love it but I stan her so I’m biased. Love the chorus and the feel good vibes.

londonrain and Shia like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.