K-PJ Directory + K-Pop Beginner's Guide | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

K-PJ Directory + K-Pop Beginner's Guide

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Sanctuary, Dec 21, 2017.

1. How come Mamamoo isn't featured under the girl groups section? Aren't they currently one of the biggest?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Shockbox likes this.
  2. Dddd I genuinely forgot them, but I guess no one was in a rush to alert me for... reasons.

ryjm, McQueer, Serg. and 3 others like this.
  3. I admit, I've only gotten into K-pop this year. I just noticed because they've become one of my favorites along with BlackPink, Red Velvet, Girls' Generation, 4minute, and NCT. No big deal. It's a great list that you've compiled though!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Dangerous Maknae and Sanctuary like this.
  4. Hi! Can we replace link for Ladies' Code thread in first post with this link?
    https://forum.popjustice.com/threads/ladies-code.71105/

Sanctuary likes this.
  5. Newbie Four likes this.
  6. I just came to say thank you so much to those who pulled this guide together. I only ever really knew BoA and Wonder Girls but with COVID lockdown I’ve made a conscious effort to try and listen to K-pop more and the thread has made it so easy to navigate a big (sometimes crazy) topic!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Sanctuary, McQueer, Monkey0 and 8 others like this.
  7. This thread is amazing - as a total newbie, I can't stress enough how useful a jumping-in point like this is (basically what @Yeahyeahyeah said above!)

Could I ask are there any mixed K-Pop groups (either active or inactive) a la Steps/A*Teens etc that I could dive into the back catalogues of?

8. Sunny Hill used to be mixed in their early years.

They stayed a girl group, with many line-up changes, afterwards.

For a more recent group, there's also KARD. Their style is more akin to Western pop overall.

Their singles tend to blend together, like you'll notice the recurrent latin feel, but I do recommend diving into their album tracks too.

Sanctuary and Slice of Life like this.
  9. Crisp X likes this.
  10. Co-Ed groups, which is how mixed groups are referred as, aren't that common so only a few came to mind. However, it looks like there have been many over the decades. If you need more, this video might be helpful.

Slice of Life, Monkey0 and Doodvid like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.