K-Pop (General Discussion)

s2daam said:
I'm hoping it's the only collab track they have with them. I want the rest to be just the Wonder Girls!

So can someone clear this up for me...

Will the OST be there U.S album or just the OST and then we will get the official album later?

the OST is the album

miklc said:
Dj is mine is good, let's not overreact.

I'm really not overreacting, the whole angle is just dire. The two main reasons being that with regards to what the film is probably going to be like, it's already been done in the US and done better, and with The DJ Is Mine, it's already been done in the US countless times and done much better. When I envision K-pop acts breaking the US market, I see it as an opportunity for them to really show off what they've got going on in Korea, creating real buzz around what they have that is different and special about them, JYP's strategy is counteracting all of that, and after watching that video the Wonder Girls just come off as another 'School Gyrls'.

Yes it's 'just an OST track' but I just think that they shouldn't be wasting time with this crap and should work on getting an actual good song on the radio. Make it about the music/talent/unique charms etc.

I don't think it's a big deal if this really is just an OST song. If the song is featured in the movie then it's nice for the fans that we get an MV for it. I'll judge them when they release their first proper single from the upcoming album.

I don't think the song is bad but I read what you all said before I heard it so maybe my expectations were lowered a lot.

xoxo said:
The styling is horrific. And this is really mean but Hyelim looks awful as usual.

I'm going to be a huge asshole for a moment here and agree - she just isn't that attractive. Yoobin and Sunye have grown into their looks lately though and are hot hot hot.

It's weird, I want to like the Wonder Girls so, so much, but asides from Tell Me and So Hot, I really just don't care for their music.

The DJ Is Mine isn't bad. It's better than most of their singles, anyway. But I'm just so confused about what they're trying to achieve here. Why is that other girl group there? They take over such a big amount of the song that it might as well be their song.

Ice Cream Skies said:
The DJ Is Mine isn't bad. It's better than most of their singles, anyway. But I'm just so confused about what they're trying to achieve here. Why is that other girl group there? They take over such a big amount of the song that it might as well be their song.

It's for their movie, which the School Gyrls also star in. I assume this will be featured in the film, where they... fight over a DJ I suppose. The solo version is much better.

BEST FICTION said:
Ice Cream Skies said:

It's for their movie, which the School Gyrls also star in. I assume this will be featured in the film, where they... fight over a DJ I suppose. The solo version is much better.
That makes sense. I haven't listened to the solo version yet, but I will do.