K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 1386 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

It's also the fact that the forum constantly times out on me. Half the time it won't load and I just give up.

In other news: I might love Sunny Hill more than T-ara. This is...upsetting.

2. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

Well, posting about k-pop and not the new layout would probably help. There's no reason not to post. And it's not particularly dead, it's moving at about the same pace the last few days as the months before.

I'm not surprised the SNSD sub-unit pulled a troll on us.. the 'sources' always said the unit would be focused on vocals so some 'Hoi Hoi' copy seemed very unlikely.

3. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

Agreed! I love Orange Caramel's 'One Love', I really want another song from them which is along the lines of that and Bangkok City. I'd like another Kahi solo too.

4. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

Maybe it's time to accept the fact we'll never get the old board back and make charts, upcoming releases, etc threads again.

5. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

New threads can be merged into old ones anyway so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not privy to all the tecnical stuff that's being done behind the scenes, by the way. All I can say is the board's not in a finished state yet.

E.via's not going mellow for her comeback:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  6. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

Just created a new thread for you all.

7. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

I'm honestly waiting for SM to say that this upcoming SNSD sub-unit is just one big joke. Hopefully the song it better than all of the teaser images so far.

Try as I might but I just can't get Girl's Day's 'Oh My! God' single out of my head. Definite earworm of a song.

8. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

I'm absolutely in love with Sunny Hill's new song. That SNSD sub-unit on the other hand, well...

9. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

Yeah the Sunny Hill song did a 180 on me, unsurprisingly. As Pen said it eventually makes sense; love it now. Still doesn't touch The Grasshopper Song though.

I've always thought SNSD's power is in their number, as 9 they're a force to be fucking reckoned with. This sub-unit mess is so unnecessary, but if the music is good I won't complain.

10. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

Help..

So, I'm actually doing a research paper on how Chinese Confucian ideals of women were disseminated throughout Korea and the impact they still have on contemporary visual culture. This mostly has to do with role of the woman sacrificing herself in some way, shape, or form.

For examples I have Gummy's "I'm Sorry" MV and Big Bang's Haru Haru. K-drama-wise, there's Lie to Me and Protect the Boss.

Can anyone think of any others?

11. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

First thing that came to mind was G.NA's "I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better". Probably Baek Ji Yong's whole discography or at least 80% of it. Let me think...

12. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

Oh this is TOO LOVELY! Who are they? Who produced this? What like it should I be listening too?

Am becoming such a grumpy nostalgic for late r'n'b.

13. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Well I'm not very educated when it comes to older Korean songs but I guess S.E.S are worth a look, saying that you probably know them already!

14. Hitori

Hitori Guest

What the heck is 'A-JAX'? It sounds more like a dish-washing liquid brand than a boy band name. At least it is better than 'Gang Kids.'

Meanwhile, in the world of the flawless Gayoon:

Gorl, it's because you're a potential solo star! I bet Jiyoon wished a snake would poop on her as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  15. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

I think I quite like the name Gang Kids haha... It's different.

16. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

The Tenjo Chiki song is J-Pop, not K-pop.. Not sure if the group is Korean or not, though..

17. 3Xs

3Xs

Tenjo Chiki = CSJH The Grace, the Korean girl group from SM. That's one of their Japanese singles.

18. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

The most recent song I could think of is Spica's 'Russian Roulette'. Lots of gun-toting scenes and references to suicide in the MV. It starts off with the (translated) lyrics:

"Hey baby, I'll count to three and pull - bang bang bang / It's time to test my luck, let it begin..."

Then Kim Boa sings after the second chorus:

"Can you feel me, me being like this? / I'm afraid that I will lose you / I'd rather have my breath stopped / Than to lose you right now..."

19. Re: General K-Pop discussion thread

They're CSJH The Grace. They're under SM but haven't promoted as a four piece for a while. All four of them have really strong vocals, they're like a female DBSK. Their Japanese discography is really good, probably better than their Korean discography.

Some of their Japanese songs;
    5CM
    Piranha
    A Little Bit Of Good
    Near
    Stand Up People

and some of their Korean songs;
    My Everything
    Dancer In The Rain
    One More Time, Ok?
    Boomerang

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.