K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 160 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Re: Korean Pop

I just watched Episode 7 of We Got married with Khun and Victoria. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS WEEK'S EPISODE. Oh my gosh they really genuinely like each other do they? *melts*

2. Re: Korean Pop

Some info from a BoA interview:

3. Re: Korean Pop

Remee is the producer of Mirotic. He's also the producer of Nu ABO by f(x).

4. Re: Korean Pop

Well, BoA the artiste! Who knew? I guess they weren't fibbing when they said she had a hand in the composition and production of some of the songs on Identity.

5. Re: Korean Pop

Didn't she produce/co produce that entire album? Not a single track off that was decent (maybe EASY or Possibility) but it was a pretty tragic album. Heaps of respect for her producing her own stuff, but she might need to... not... produce stuff.

6. Re: Korean Pop

Possibility is top 3 all-time BoA songs for me.. so if she had anything to do with that..

7. Re: Korean Pop

I must admit, I was incredibly sceptical of those reports that said she would be producing, purely because it's not something you can just do. It takes real skill and musical talent, and BoA, despite her abilities as a singer and dancer, never struck me as the type who could do anything like that. If all this is true however, then I clearly underestimated her.

8. Re: Korean Pop

Mind, however, that in the case of the HV tracks her statements point to her having composed melody and lyrics, and not done the production.

9. Re: Korean Pop

Oh, of course! I realise there's a distinction, but even then composition and writing requires some level of skill as well... Unless you're Beyoncé!

Wasn't there a rumour that the reason she 'produced' on Identity was due to a tight budget because they had spent so much on her US album campaign (well, the album itself and the videos, anyway) and they lost money because it bombed?

10. 3Xs

3Xs

Can any SNSD fans help me with this?

I'm watching the dance practice video of the Genie and from 2:03 - 2:37 there is a different part of the song from the normal version. Is this an alternate version? (and if so what is it called?) Or just a demo?

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsVdKs2MSr0

11. Re: Korean Pop

Yeah, I guess you could call it a demo. That practice video was recorded before the song was released. I don't think it's surfaced as a studio recording mp3, but I could be wrong. Maybe some things will be switched around for the japanese version as well!

12. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Yep. That was the demo before the song's official release.

13. 3Xs

3Xs

Alright thanks you guys. I was just wondering because I never heard it before and I love that part!

14. Hitori

Hitori Guest

The teaser for Genie actually has a slightly different version of the song too. I like it better than the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXCJzFJuvc.

15. 3Xs

3Xs

Yes I love that version too! The beginning part is really nice and R&B-ish.

16. Hitori

Hitori Guest

17. 3Xs

3Xs

I love Muzik live, it's such an explosive song and you can really feel the energy!

18. Re: Korean Pop

This is the strangest video ever haha, this is why I love Keys though!! It's the boys of SHINee pole dancing and doing some booty shaking I take it, in an older video haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_sMgqmANTo

19. Re: Korean Pop

I love the teaser for Rainbow's comeback! The song sounds like an updated version of the music from the original Japanese episodes of Sailor Moon.

And the shirt lift dance! Oof!

20. Re: Korean Pop

A: Yes, I've come to like the korean fan chant culture and love it when it explodes. This is the loudest example I've heard yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9vCKsGPsS4 !

B: That Rainbow song seems to have potential.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.