K-Pop (General Discussion)

Re: Korean Pop

Jo Kwon? Worst first runner-up prize in history. Jesus wept.

Fine, I'll take Onew, and Kan from F. Cuz. But it doesn't even approach what I'm leaving behind.

So in other news, T-ara did a new interview and the article specifically mentions that their comeback will be a mini-album and not a full album.

"T-ara will start preparing 100% for their October comeback with a new mini album. The six girls will resume full-scale activities as a group after it's been nearly six months. But the fans will not be able to call T-ara a six member girl group no longer. That is because Ryu Hwayoung has joined T-ara being the same age, '93, as maknae Jiyeon. She will officially join with the release of this new album. In October, you may call T-ara a seven member girl group."

H

Hitori

yearscomeandgo said:
Fine, I'll take Onew, and Kan from F. Cuz.

Kan? Did I just hear that right? Kan from F-Cuz? This perfect-looking Kan?

fcuz_jacket_photo_secondseries_15.jpg

ROAR!

Ice Cream Skies said:
^ I was really hoping for a full T-ara album. I was thinking about ordering their new album and it's going to have to be really good now.
I was hoping for a full-album too, but I guess a mini-album is okay since they have a new line-up. Who knows it might turn out to be another full album because before Absolute First Album, they released a statement that they'll do a mini-album but it turned out to be a full-length one.

yearscomeandgo said:
Fine, I'll take Onew

As a matter of blatant fact, YOU WILL NOT.

In regards to the GQ interview, is it possible that the sentiment of Key's statements lost something in translation? Like, "Yes, we live together and see each other all the time, but because at the end of the day our livelihoods depend on the five of us, we really have to remember that we're group mates first. We each have been able to maintain close relationships with our actual families and close friends outside the business."

Sheesh, I should do PR for Key.

Yeah, Hyoyeon's birthday also got a worldwide TT yesterday, k-pop birthdays are the new thang. It's kinda crazy all the little things that gets k-pop on twitter tt almost everday.

Nathaniel Drury said:
"COPY & PASTE" IS FUCKING AMAZING.
Yes. I'm judging it on a less than 30 second clip. SUE ME.

Consider yourself sued.

P.S: I'm sure it will be amazing, if the teaser is an accurate portrayal of the whole thing!

The only BoA songs I've heard are her English songs and the stuff from the Hurricane Venus and I don't really like them. Does she have songs that are better than those? I actually think I'll like Copy & Paste though, I really liked the teaser.

And I just spent so much money on k-pop cd's. I feel horrible (ugh, I spent so much money) but excited (I have k-pop cd's coming!). I'm thankful for yesasia though! It'd probably be a lot more anywhere else.

Just on first listen and view I love the song and the video! She is such a good dancer. The song almost reminds me of something SHINee would sing.

I need to get into her back catalogue. I think this weekend I'll make it a BoA weekend and check out as much of her music as I can.

^ I actually don't really like that song but she's a great dancer. Eien is amazing though.

Mr Telephone Man said:
Key's birthday is A TRENDING TOPIC on twitter.

Everyone loves my man!!!

Happy Birthday to Key and HyoYeon yesterday! I love both of them. Every time I think of Key I can't help but ultimately think of him dancing to Beyonce's Sweet Dreams or Genie. And Hyoyeon is just amazing.

ETA:
Big Bang are possibly straying away from the electropop sound which I think is cool if they really do.

G-Dragon: Lately, "Electropop" is very popular in Korea and I think that we have to break away from this. We want to make a different type of music that will make people reminisce about the past and feel warm. This is the kind of mountain we definitely want to climb.

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2010/09/big-bangs-interview-on-anan-magazine-g.html#ixzz10K285Ep2

^I was just coming to post that! He also confirmed for the first time that the album is in fact due for a November release. Let's hope YG sticks to that.

And THANKFUCKINGGOD they are doing something different for their comeback. I love BB but their recent Japanese shit was getting stale. I hope they really mix it up and do something fresh and unexpected.

H

Hitori

Hooray for Big Bang! I want another Big Bang & 2NE1 Special Stage together!