K-Pop (General Discussion)

[video=youtube;2T7cgmzhPCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T7cgmzhPCw[/video]

I'm reading this interview with Tony Jones who mentored BTS on American Hustle Life and he spilled a fair amount of tea.

Somebody’s really studying American culture and getting it right over there. I started researching other bands. Somebody told me to listen to B.A.P and EXO. It’s not the same to me. I just think BTS is better. I don't think I’m biased just ‘cause I worked with them. They’re just different; they do a lot more.

King Bangtan will prove you all wrong! WINNER already have! Good for them!!

'Mask' is really good! I wasn't sure if they would be able to keep my interest so I'm happy they did. I don't dislike the Sunny Hill song but it annoyed me after awhile. Probably won't download it.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to say Sunny Hill are going for generic sexy girl group style, and while I did hope for some commentary on the Korean working culture the lyrics are actually kind of funny and well-executed, albeit more so before translation. It's far from their best single but I think the chorus is pretty substantial and overall it's a big step in the right direction. The negative thing is it's hard to really believe they'll stay doing this when they just released a shitty ballad.

They're no Lip Service, though. Lip Service is just great.

Rookie groups and artists that debuted the week before should not be winning trophies. Ridiculous!

Well, they're not exactly rookies per say, if you think about it. They released a (digital) EP, promoted, did CF's, fanmeets, etc. I mean, they've had a very successful TV show and one of the biggest companies in Korea to launch them from too. I don't think anyone didn't expect Red Velvet or WINNER to be at least successful based on the companies they're from, and with the everything else added to WINNER's roster it was inevitable! But congrats to them all the same! It's not like they're music is dire either, so that's another plus!

[video=youtube;2T7cgmzhPCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T7cgmzhPCw[/video]

I'm reading this interview with Tony Jones who mentored BTS on American Hustle Life and he spilled a fair amount of tea.

Thank you for this! Great interview, and only furthers my opinion that BTS are in a lane of their own. You can't even compare those other groups to Bangtan, as I've been saying for months now.

Killer comeback stage. Danger only gets better each time I hear it.

Lip Service's "Too Fancy" is awesome. I really like their rapper, girl's charismatic.

Stellar's "Mask" is nice as filler tracks.

Sunny Hill... single tear rolling down my cheek.

Jungle Ent. new girl group. Sounds promising:

[video=youtube;KM3pwxuumOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KM3pwxuumOI[/video]

[video=youtube;rPKotELoLCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPKotELoLCY[/video]

A Chad Future ballad is about the last thing the world needs.
"I love you're style." At least he has the bad English thing down.

Dude needs to see a chiropractor immediately! He looks like a hunchback.

I still don't get who he is. Is he half-Korean or just some white dude? Also, who the hell is bankrolling his career?! He can't be that popular that they keep pumping out singles and MVs?! I mean, he looks like a total joke. At least to me anyway.

I gave Dark and Wild a listen and there's definitely some stuff on it that I liked. Danger is one of the weaker tracks in my opinion.

aujINhb.jpg

Yes.

I can't for the life of me remember if I've actually heard a Puer Kim song or not. I like the teaser pic.

I'm happy for WINNER! I can imagine they were thinking what the heck is YG doing with all the delays, etc. but in the end it worked out really well for them.

And in horrible news, Kim Hyun Joong has been charged for assault on his girlfriend. Disgusting. To think I went so hard for a physical abuser. I'm glad she was strong enough to finally press charges.

I can't for the life of me remember if I've actually heard a Puer Kim song or not. I like the teaser pic.

I'm happy for WINNER! I can imagine they were thinking what the heck is YG doing with all the delays, etc. but in the end it worked out really well for them.

And in horrible news, Kim Hyun Joong has been charged for assault on his girlfriend. Disgusting. To think I went so hard for a physical abuser. I'm glad she was strong enough to finally press charges.

The fuck???

Wow, that's really, really shocking.