K-Pop (General Discussion)

fwiw this was the performance that let her win again! I should've specified that. It'll be fun to see her tank herself and eventually get on with promos a la Sohyang.
Oh she already won the whole show? Don’t know how many rounds there are.

Oh she already won the whole show? Don’t know how many rounds there are.

Every 2 episodes, there are 8 new challengers. Then there are 4 rounds, including a duet stage and 2 solo performances. The last round is a final singoff against the previous King. If the challenger loses, the King remains there until the next round, otherwise a new 'King' is crowned.

Solji was King for the show's pilot episode, so it was a one-off gig for her. Now that she's King again, though, she's expected to defend the title until she loses to a challenger.

Last edited:
Do they only reveal when she loses to a challenger? For some reason I thought rounds lasted several episodes.

Thanks for the explanation!

Do they only reveal when she loses to a challenger? For some reason I thought rounds lasted several episodes.

Thanks for the explanation!

Yeah, each round lasts across 2 episodes. And the unmasking only happens when a contestant is knocked out, so for example Luna was dethroned as King only because the audience was dying to find out who she was and voted for her opponent instead, smdh (this was like in the first few episodes of the show, when it was still new)

Where do you all buy your K-pop CD's from in the UK? I am streaming on spotify but the packaging of the albums is just gorgeous and I would like to buy some of them. However I find the prices steep on amazon especially for mini albums.

Where do you all buy your K-pop CD's from in the UK? I am streaming on spotify but the packaging of the albums is just gorgeous and I would like to buy some of them. However I find the prices steep on amazon especially for mini albums.

I feel like I should get commission every time I mention them but I’d recommend YesAsia, they have pretty much everything you could want and deliver to the UK, the prices are almost always better than amazon too. I’ve used them before and I also use their sister site YesStyle for all my KBeauty purchases all the time.

he/him
I’ve used them before and I also use their sister site YesStyle for all my KBeauty purchases all the time.

SIS!!! YesStyle is so overpriced for K-Beauty! Have a look at Jolse (free shipping, better for small orders) or RoseRoseShop (cheaper than Jolse BUT you pay for shipping, it's best if you plan to make a big haul) - I've ordered from both and I had no problems with them + they sell lots of brands. They even have their own Ebay stores!

SIS!!! YesStyle is so overpriced for K-Beauty! Have a look at Jolse (free shipping, better for small orders) or RoseRoseShop (cheaper than Jolse BUT you pay for shipping, it's best if you plan to make a big haul) - I've ordered from both and I had no problems with them + they sell lots of brands. They even have their own Ebay stores!
Oh UNNIE! Thanks for the tip! I tend to do bulk buys whenever they send me a push that COSRX is like 60% off so thankfully I don't ever really pay too much, but thanks for helping a sis out, I'll definitely give them a go. Save that money for KPOP buys instead.

WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT THIS

I love Subin. have all her solo stuff.... oh... mio mio mio...

So I'm not qualified to answer your question. But here's a gif:
4e41576471e361b317dbda23759159bea5eb2c8c_hq.gif

Lollin’, lollin’, lollin’
haruga meolda hago lolling in the deep

gidarigo itjanha baby just only you

VCe3cjOh.jpg

(I'm really curious about what a 'new version' would include.)