K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 4749 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I'm not joking. ITZY are amazing and ICY is amazing.

2. It's obviously not the best song ever, but the girls do such a good job selling it that I can't help but liking it.

Oleander, Slice of Life, ryjm and 6 others like this.
  3. Well I think their music is great, the visuals are great and the girls are great. What they're offering is just so fun, while also being empowering and it really makes them stand out.
    :(

4. I should add that although I have criticised the songs a little above, they are different, dynamic and loud. You cannot avoid them and they are anything but boring.

5. Yeji is the ""strongest"" vocalist in ITZY.

Oleander, Slice of Life, ryjm and 4 others like this.
  6. I can't at people saying Icy sounds like noise, it's not half as jarring as RV's Zim and that slaps. Dalla Dalla & Icy (already) are two of my fav releases from 2019. The girls just serve so much charisma, uniqueness, nerve & talent and I can't help but stan. Plus their sound and image is just, fresh.

Oleander, Rem, ryjm and 9 others like this.
  7. They are visually stunning and fresh, but besides the chorus, wich is a weak point in both songs, i still think zimzalabim is better.

8. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I want to like ITZY but I can't bring myself to like either Dalla Dalla or Icy. Still rooting for them to get all the Rookie of the Year awards they deserve though.

9. Yaaaas, Irene

Oleander, enjoy, Serg. and 4 others like this.
  10. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

The video for Milkshake from their anniversary fanmeeting!

Oleander, Rem, ysev and 8 others like this.
  11. Rookie Of The Year will probably go to X1, it’s tradition for it to go to the produce groups but this year’s “best of next” will be very competitive.

I’m actually surprised that Birthday didn’t hold up so well. I remember Chungha’s Why Don’t You Know charted similarly (a top 30 debut) but it served super longevity. Unfortunately Birthday doesn’t seem to be going that way.

ysev likes this.
  12. Because Birthday is shit.

Rem, McQueer, Vixen and 19 others like this.
  13. You know you’ve made it when you have people threatening to give you a 0 in a rate that is supposed to take place in 5 months.

Oleander, soratami, Rem and 23 others like this.
  14. Speaking of CLC, the girls captured something tremendous with No. 1 and my heart is still saying pow pow POW. Not a single song is below a 9. Not a single visual element around it is anything less than perfect and gorgeous. A surprising little masterpiece that's just...without a doubt the release of the year.

Oleander, Rem, Chachachan and 15 others like this.

15. They’re about to serve performances of the night

Oleander, ysev, ThighHighs and 4 others like this.
  16. Happy Now is officially out now on streaming platforms, seems like the short video that came out a day early is the only one we're getting currently.

@Slice of Life does this count as a July release or an August release for your charts if the actual song came out August 1st but the video was July 31st.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Oleander, Rem, Crisp X and 11 others like this.
  17. June 31st?

18. This was amazing

Oleander and ysev like this.
  19. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Are we sure no other music video will be released for it? If yes, we will count is as a July release.

I think we should vote for it in August though because I think it has a better chance of charting then dddddddd.

20. He

He

It looks like a flashmob.

I hope Chungha's presence in the industry signals a better future for dancers / choreographers, since I know they are always underpaid and undervalued.

Oleander, ysev, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.