K-Pop (General Discussion)

Re: Korean Pop

Between the Girl's Day and ZE:A songs, I am quite satisfied. The new Infinite's not really doing it for me, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Wasn't there something else coming out this week? U-Kiss?

blaketat said:
Is there any news on Brown Eyed Girls, Jewelry, Seo-In Young or 2EN1.
I can't keep up with the millions of groups that seem to be debuting each day!

Brown Eyed Girls' manager told fans that their Korean comeback had been postponed, but they are releasing a full-length Japanese album at the end of April... although, with everything going on in Japan, that may be postponed, too.

Jewelry just finished promoting their latest single, and said they'd be releasing a new track in the next few months. I believe Seo In Young is busy with her TV schedule right now and has recently started designing handbags, so there are no music plans at the moment.

2NE1 just released a Japanese version of "GO AWAY" to ringtone sites, but their promotion in Japan has been canceled/postponed due to the earthquake, tsunami, etc. I believe YG said last year that they'd be releasing another mini-album in Korea this summer, though!

jknza22 said:
Between the Girl's Day and ZE:A songs, I am quite satisfied. The new Infinite's not really doing it for me, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Wasn't there something else coming out this week? U-Kiss?

U-KISS were suppose to comeback tomorrow but I don't think that is happening now. They have more time to prepare and stuff now which I think is good.

And I love the girl with the bonde hair in Girl's Day and the girl who sings (raps?) "weaker" but the song is not doing it for me, I like the video though. And ZE:A need to stick to Mazeltov type songs but, like Girl's Day, I actually like the video but not so much the song. So yeah, Infinite are winning this week so far for me haha!

I'm not keen on Nothing's Over yet, it sounds kinda dated and....random. I'll need to hear it in HQ and see the MV to make my final judgement though. Loving the energy in Shot! The Can U Smile remix is a total jam, the slow beat and stringed instruments are lush. Overall not a bad effort.

Here I Am is a feel-good tune at it's finest! Other boyband's need to take notes! Totally checking out Z:EA now.

Twinkle Twinkle is pretty good! I actually laughed when the guy suddenly fainted, they really nailed the cute concept. I really like the song, it's so catchy and fun.

Wow, I love the Twinkle Twinkle vid.

The song is so frantic! I love it.

I love the 'Hajima Hajima Muhmuhmuhmuhuh" bit. It makes the whole song for me. Haha

That was the one! Thank you, 3Xs.

In other news, have we all seen pics from Hyori's 2011 CK jeans campaign?

197672_10150104572696048_190380976047_6389022_5457251_n.jpg

Wowzer. She looks like a teenager (not in a creepy way).

I seriously think Twinkle Twinkle is my favorite K-pop song of 2011 so far, that, and Kahi's Come Back ! I feel like I'm watching SNSD's OH! all over again.

Hyori is 31 right? She doesn't even just look amazing for 31 but just in general terms of amazingness amazing! Who is more popular in Korea, Hyori or BoA? Who is like the Queen of K-Pop? I only know where boy groups and girl groups stand and have only recently even gotten into Hyori and BoA.

And I don't know why I'm the only one hearing the amazingness in Nothing's Over haha! The Girl's Day song has grown on me though. Hopefully this is the song that can bring them to the A/ B List.

Well, BoA's the bigger 'star' in terms of she's more international due to her big success in Japan. She also seems to be one of the better known Asian popstars worldwide. However, I think 'Queen of K-Pop' would be an acceptable title for Hyori. She does seem to be the 'big' solo female figure in the K-Pop industry, even though she's had the plagiarism scandals and stuff. I could be wrong but that's the impression I get.

Okay, yeah I was just curious. I am really loving Hyori these days. She has such stage presence! And I would love more good solo acts as well.

And INFINITE's Nothing's Over MV is here! I love it, but I would love it haha. It's cute but not in an overly cheesy way.

LOVE Infinite's new MV. The song is great too, though I'm still not totally connecting with it. I think it's good, but it's not exactly screaming "LISTEN TO ME!!!". I think it will grow on me though!