K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 5959 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I read this three times and still don’t understand a single word of it...

tea, R92, Sanctuary and 22 others like this.
  2. Imagine the girls trying to explain this nonsense in an interview.

Havana, ultraviolet, Memoria and 2 others like this.
  3. Three serves ok omfg.....these girls are about to EAT and I am gonna get FED on the 17th. Yes I am and I will

[​IMG]

thommyh, BEST FICTION, Havana and 9 others like this.
  4. Honestly, it’s so ridiculous it kinda makes me like the group more. I gotta say I’m on Black Mamba’s side though, get rid of the æs queen!!! We don’t want them!

One of the portals being named P.O.S made me laugh.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  5. The aespa concept is very 3rd grade sci-fi fan fiction (they become “my most precious friends”.......), but it’s fine as long as the evil Miss Black Mamba eventually serves lewks.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Havana, clowezra and boombazookajoe like this.
  6. Once they get rid of the gimmicks and put out quality music I’ll pay attention to them. No, Black Mamba is not that girl.

[​IMG]

Vixen and He like this.
  7. Fromis_9's title track has a slight tinge of city-pop to it, doesn't it? This is gonna be an album for the travelers, for the airplane rats, for the tourists who wear masks and practice distancing. Promising!

Where are my WIZ*ONEs and FUSEs?

8. I need companies to stop using weird fonts for promotional materials, or else I will be referring to track 6 as Potato...

tea, Sanctuary, thommyh and 16 others like this.
  9. Why does this sound so threatening dddd.

Hoping for more Wanna Be Myself and less Aya.

tea, Dreampopboy, thommyh and 18 others like this.
  10. What is this Tamisha Iman energy, dddd?

11. Some sad news today:

I'm not familiar with M.C The MAX, but J. Yoon worked extensively with Woollim artists, including composing this masterpiece from last fall:

Wishing his loved ones the best, his talent will be missed ♡

tea, Sanctuary, Dreampopboy and 19 others like this.
  12. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

What is so complicated about the aespa lore though? Girls have virtual avatars that live in a virtual world. They are connected to the avatars through an AI but the connection is cut because of a virus called Black Mamba and now they have to destroy the virus. This is like........ video game lore 101.

[​IMG]

What I don't get about the complaints about the concept/the lore here but also mostly on twitter is that if you strip aespa from that video game concept and lore (which I don't think you can because their music so far is about that), you're mostly left with a girl group with a ~girl crush~ concept. So what makes them stand out is the concept in an industry where the last time effort was put into a new girl group's lore was with LOONA and they basically dropped it halfway because of Jaden Jeong's *waves hand around* everything.Just like EXO's superpowers, this is not going to be at the center of all of aespa's comebacks forever, but it's still going to be part of it and the part that makes them stand out.

If you're not interested in that, instead of dismissive posts like this

you can instead just focus on all the other 8432904823 girl groups that are going to be releasing great music next week as well.

13. I’ll be the first to admit I don’t like aespa’s concept, but they’re still an SM group, so we know the talent is there...
    It seems like a lot of folks have a hard time getting past the concept...
    Forever is not the track for me, but it demonstrated aptly that all 4 girls can sing...
    Also, I thought we were past pretending that we don’t love Black Mamba...

Luck, PopZeitgeist and Vixen like this.
  14. This is a pop music forum. Not everyone is going to like every release or every group, and as long as posts stay within the bounds of forum rules, criticism is fair game. Respectfully, your words carry a different weight as a moderator and it feels like you take it personally when some of us have criticized the group.

I don't care what SM does with the aespa concept ultimately, as long as the music is good. Black Mamba was a meager offering, so I'm eager to hear Next Level. I want them to succeed but the debut didn't click with me.

Vixen, He and nikkysan like this.
  15. eccentricsimply

Where exactly did I say people have to like aespa and their every release dddddddd and in my post I specifically also mentioned that most of the stuff and criticism about their concept I see is on twitter. As a fan of the group, regardless of whether I'm a moderator or not, I'm also entitled to my opinion on these discussions, aren't I? Or am I only entitled to an opinion if it aligns with the rest of the forum's?

evilsin, ohdenny, yuuurei and 3 others like this.
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

If my words carry different weight, that means I can force all of you to stan HYO right? Oh.... wait.

tea, aux, evilsin and 6 others like this.
  17. Do people really care a lot either way about K-Pop concepts? it’s just word vomit most of the time

An Insider, He and Salami like this.
  18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I was going to try and get into the TXT concept but then @Slice of Life reminded me of the LOONA debacle so decided just to be about the music..

RUNAWAY, Slice of Life, He and 2 others like this.
  19. eccentricsimply

I do.

[​IMG]

And to clarify, I never meant to imply people should but if we're going to discuss concepts I wanted to show the side of someone who does care and why I think it's important in aespa's case. And also just like everybody who's a fan of a group, I also get annoyed when there are dismissive posts about the stuff that I like and I don't think it's fair that everybody else gets to reply to those and I don't!

evilsin, ohdenny, yuuurei and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.