K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 5960 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. GFRIEND’s lore is getting attacked by moths and falling on their ass.

tea, bimbo, Dreampopboy and 24 others like this.
  2. DIA's lore is being a mess

[​IMG]

bimbo, ryjm, Island and 16 others like this.
  3. Yeah I like all the lore surrounding LOONA because some of that stuff makes for good conversation starters, and also makes me think I'm smart

tea, ryjm, evilsin and 20 others like this.
  4. Laboum’s lore is fertility

This is my first time hearing that TXT has a concept

ysev, ryjm, boombazookajoe and 3 others like this.
  5. You on a first date:

tea, bimbo, Dreampopboy and 25 others like this.
  6. LOONA lore hoodwinked me into believing I wasn't actually becoming a Kpop stan, I was just bumping Kiss Later for the narrative continuity.

[​IMG]

tea, Dreampopboy, ryjm and 23 others like this.
  7. As this forum’s resident MOA, I feel compelled to give you the rundown. There’s two levels of investment to the “lore”:

One is just the overall progression of the youth themes with each album, not really a specific narrative. For example, you commented about the Can’t You See Me? MV, which is a vague representation of dealing wirh strained friendships, whereas the next album theme will sort of be about the fallout/healing from that. This is easy enough to follow.

Then there’s the actual lore which is contained to one specific (b-side) music video per era. The Nap of a Star music video is basically the whole story summed up, and other songs and music videos are different views / reinterpretations of that same story, or parts of it. Just excuses for creative directors to flex their visual storytelling ideas, really. “This time it’s a short horror film!”, “this time it’s a children’s book style stop-motion!”, etc. It’s nice because you can just go “oh, right, that’s a reference” when that damn cat shows up in an MV or Yeonjun dies again dddddd

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  8. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Which is like...... my favorite part of kpop dddddddd If y'all are gonna have all that budget at least create a convoluted fictional story for me to enjoy!

ryjm, boombazookajoe, yuuurei and 4 others like this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Because I liked the Can’t You See Me video so much, I searched out more about TXT
    and came across a video mentioning the things in your second post like a big ass cat or Yeonjun dying. I also found stuff about one of the members dreaming and possibly seeing the future, and speculation about who is the liar of some promise they made to stay together forever, etc.)

I thought that was doing a lot until I learned about MAMA and EXO having superpowers.

RUNAWAY, He, Slice of Life and 4 others like this.
  10. Not sure why I’m being lectured but thanks I will!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  11. Yo, you can't wear LOONA wig and then be LOONA
    That's like a Lee SooMen thinkin' he can be Jaden!

[​IMG]

( Jokes, I hate Jaden’s ass. Fuck ha. x )

ryjm, Island, clowezra and 12 others like this.
  12. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

13. I don’t know if this was originally part of Cube’s plans for 2021 but if it wasn’t then thank you Soojin

ysev likes this.
  14. B.I./Destiny Rogers/Tyler Yaweh

Got It Like That

Monkey0 and ohdenny like this.
  15. Island

Island Staff Member

The OH MH GIRL mini is such a breeze to get through. Dear You in particular is just so lovely.

16. For reference - the team behind track one gave us 'Bing Bing' by Nature, the team behind track two gave us 'Round & Round' by woo!ah! and the two HNSD people behind track three gave us 'The The' by Rocket Punch. I can't find anything that all four worked on together.

So there's potential there.

Now with a tracklist:

Apologies for facebook, but I'm still in bed so I can't be arsed reuploading.
    Or, I could just post this:

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  17. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

AHHHHHHHH ALL MY 2NE1 GIRLS ARE FINALLY FREE FROM YG’S UGLY ASS THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tea, Overdose, R92 and 25 others like this.
  18. I personally think convoluted lore is cool, but it’s the sort of thing that works if you have several videos and visuals for a comeback.

soratami, He, ysev and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.