K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 5964 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

2. OK now it's gonna be really weird if Yeri doesn't get something dd

Details:
    - Remake Album
    - Songs from 1990-2000 era
    - Total 6 songs

codecat, clowezra, aux and 6 others like this.
  3. Does Yeri even want a musical career? Has she talked about it? She strikes me as the kind of idol who knows her limitations and will stick to acting, modelling and variety. Doesn't she get, like, a web drama every two months? Seems like a successful path for her.

He, Memoria, bbynewyear and 8 others like this.
  4. SNSD is coming. I will personally see that seed to fruition!

evilsin, collxtion, ryjm and 3 others like this.
  5. I think I read one time that she was interested in songwriting?

Vixen and Slice of Life like this.
  6. eccentricsimply

She's the only one in Red Velvet who actively writes music and learned an instrument so she could compose, so I think so? She did release this

And has featured in a couple of songs, so I do think she wants. I just don't think SM has found a good opportunity for her when it comes to music, and they are letting her focus on acting.

Sanctuary, codecat, aux and 8 others like this.

7. This is still such a weird move, in my opinion. I'm sure the end result will be fine, you know before the little monstærs jump me for judging the song after only hearing the original OST song, yawn yawn... But I wonder what's the plan/end goal. This comeback would have been a great opportunity to throw us a proper new song, with an actual mini album (or at least a single CD with 2 more b-sides) so they can sort of give us a better clue of what their identity and soundscape is, beyond remakes. They have so little music at the moment, we're gonna be 3 songs in, and only one of those is an original song. I wonder what Lee Soo-Man is thinking. And it's not like they're remaking, I don't know, 'Crazy In Love' by Beyoncé, you know? It's a Fast&Furious song.

Ningning has her red hair main vocalist wig on though, so I know she will be delivering said powerful vocals, so I'm happy regardless, teebs. x

Sanctuary, He, tea and 24 others like this.
  8. The concept and the speed at which this is being released after Wendy's mini makes me fear this will be a bit throwaway/cheap compared to I&S and Wendy projects, but hopefully that isn't the case. Hope we get some visuals/previews soon to be able to tell either way.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    bbynewyear, codecat, ryjm and 5 others like this.
  9. [​IMG]

He, tea, bbynewyear and 12 others like this.
  10. eccentricsimply

At least my folder of gifs for when y'all dislike the song is already full and ready to go.

11. I'm almost sure this is surely the case. I doubt Joy is getting any music show stages, this reads to me like an OST-adjacent project.

ysev likes this.
  12. aespa releasing a cover of a Fast and Furious song just seems... incredibly lazy to me and it’s all SM’s fault nn. When you’ve got much lower profile 4th gen groups releasing original songs, it’s just weird.

Still, I’m curious to hear how they tailored it to the girls. I also don’t think it’s gonna impact them much, at least in Korea, because I doubt people will care or even know it’s a cover.

He, tea, codecat and 13 others like this.
  13. I am also praying that my fave Joy gets all the budget that she deserves, but them calling this a "Special Album" album instead of her "1st Album" is giving me "that was just a buzz single" energy...

Anyway, I'm sure I'll stan anything Joy sings as usual.

He, soratami, codecat and 5 others like this.
  14. [​IMG]

Annyeong ladies, what did I miss ?

15. This is so sad

ultraviolet, He, Kadebostany and 2 others like this.
  16. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

[​IMG]

No seriously, welcome back, unnie!!! I’m glad you’re actually alive ♡♡♡

17. Stuff like this really makes me wonder if idols are aware of their groups' respective physical sales? I get that public recognition is a nice thing to have, and ultimately the main goal, but having a strong fandom that's willing to put money where their mouth is is certainly not that bad either?

I noticed similar sentiments/comments with the LOONA girls and always asked myself whether high physical sales don't mean much to them (idols) or if they're simply not aware (or don't have any source reference to put it into perspective) of how relatively well they're doing physical sales-wise... cause God knows, Everglow are far from being flops in the grand scheme of things.

Hmmmmm...
    [​IMG]

18. After a long night of hooking depression, I didn't like the session so I close the tab and continue my life as corporate slave. But you know I didn't die. I had crystallized. And now I'm a glamazon, bitch, ready for another years being trapped in this pink hellhole <3

thommyh, ultraviolet, He and 23 others like this.
  19. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Okay great, I will be adding you back to my list of people to harass to vote for the K-Popjustice Charts!
    [​IMG]

20. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Somebody hold me. Nicole and Jiyoung are on a trip together and tagged each other in their most recent posts on Instagram. This is warming my cold little Kamilia heart so much right now <333

ultraviolet, He, tea and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.