K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 6170 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Oh SWIPE is massive! Loving that. And Chillin' Chillin' was the one that got my attention in the teasers and it did not disappoint. It reminds of some song that I can't remember and it's killing me.

ultraviolet likes this.
  2. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Still don't know what to think of Loco, but I've been listening to it nonstop for the past half an hour, so I mean.

Cannot possibly be a bad thing.

singabob, aux and Wills like this.
  3. LOCO is good! I was a Mafia apologist, but it's hard not to see this as a return to form. I suspect it'll grow even more over time.

Obviously Swipe knocks. Sooo Lucky sounds like if Soyeon's Beam Beam had been on Eyes Wide Open - it's great! #Twenty's halftime chorus is such a buzzkill, it beggars belief that anyone still thinks that's the best approach.

BOOM-BOXX is a 10, one of their best ever. Gas Me Up is the only real dud here, and the last three tracks round the package out nicely.

Great album! And kudos to them for dropping it at 10pm my time, means I could listen while doing the dishes and have my lil review up before bedtime! x

4. aux

aux

I haven't listened to the ITZY album because I genuinely cannot stop listening to "LOCO", I'm obsessed. The ITZY cocktail got my ass.

[​IMG]

5. I feel like I was born to love ya

6. No mention of the Coldplay/BTS song? It’s not completely terrible. Not sure what BTS add though.

7. Oh god, my September ballot was hard enough to sort out already. He really had to do this to me.

MarlonBrando86 likes this.
  8. LOCO is just fine, but the video is so, so good!

The album tracks are excellent, especially Sooo LUCKY, B[OO]M-BOXX and LOVE is, these are what I wish their title tracks sounded like more often. Very into Mirror as well!

singabob and Wills like this.
  9. So Mafia is ITZY's Signal... so be it!

Great music video for LOCO so many cool ideas and shots, really enjoy seeing Lia and Yuna play to the camera so well, they're effortless. The dance break and bridge after is actually the best part of the song, everything else isn't bad but it doesn't build on any of the momentum the dance break made? Odd.

10. It's definitely an improvement sonically for them.

11. I quite like Loco, but they did Lia dirty on the production. Her vocals sound like shouting but that’s a small gripe and a lot of the songs on the album are sweet.

12. QRI SOLO DEBUT?!?

13. Okay this is a very good album... as of writing im up to Gas Me Up and every song has something going for it.

Sooo Lucky could've been a TWICE track in the best way. Twenty... the critiques people had for Mafia could probably be better applied here, regardless its this fun, sporadic track and the last 37 seconds... wish that was the entire song omg.

B[OO]M-Box feels like the spiritual successor of Dalla Dalla... like im convinced its using pieces of that track in its production.

Speaking of that I really appreciate the Dalla Dalla instrumental being on here.... its taking me back to a better time.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    ultraviolet, Lately and singabob like this.
  14. He

He

SOTY sorted.

@GeiPanda !!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    codecat, RUNAWAY, GeiPanda and 2 others like this.
  15. I already liked the leak but Loco in HQ is really good. The video was great as well! I’ll say though, it seems a bit too lowkey for a comeback single? It’s kinda giving me song from a fictional group in a K-Drama nn

I’m excited to hear the album and glad to enjoy an ITZY title track again dd

collxtion, Wills, bbynewyear and 4 others like this.
  16. LOCO is surprisingly bad, their worst title track by a long shot. Lyrics and melodies thought out by and for 12 year olds.

#Twenty and B[OO]M-BOXX on the other hand are exactly what I want from ITZY and I'm bopping!

Capitan likes this.
  17. Well… B[OO]M-BOXX is the kind of bratty ITZY track that I love, but other than that and Sooo LUCKY, it’s not doing much for me.

Wills and aux like this.
  18. I'M SHAKING.

Enrapture us in your bitter ginseng tea coven!
    Give us the witchy ZIMZALABIM anthem that we all need!
    Flick my SURISURI only!

[​IMG]

Crisp X, codecat, RUNAWAY and 3 others like this.
  19. But hasn’t this always been their mopus operandi? Bratty self-empowerment chant-alongs for teens ddd.

bbynewyear likes this.
  20. I’m not sure how I feel about LOCO yet but the video is great…

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.