K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 6460 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. The le sserafim mini is better and better every time i listen to it. Every song is great.

tj-x, clowezra, collxtion and 5 others like this.
  2. aux

aux

Coffee shop smash incoming!

3. You worried me with the coffee shop bit, this sounds huge! I know she likes to mix things up, but I’m hoping we get more electronic work from her in the future too.

Slice of Life and aux like this.
  4. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

End of an era.

[​IMG]

Like, I am legitimately sadder for K2NBlog’s closure than a few groups’ disbandments FFFFFFF. I’m not kidding when I say this website made me the K-Pop fan I am today. I remember discovering it back in college and as a broke ass hoe, I clung to it for dear life. I also discovered A LOT of indie artists thanks to K2NBlog. I don’t think I would be here today if it wasn’t for sites like this. Thank god streaming has gotten cheaper or else I wouldn’t know how to survive kii!

I know this is a piracy website but I just had to give it a tiny little tribute. If my fellow mods find this post unacceptable, you can delete it. I don’t mind!

5. I’m screaming that you’ve shared this, but you’re right! Properly sorted out my k-pop needs for years until I could afford streaming, surreal that it’s over.

6. Flashback to when I would go to university, borrow a laptop from the library and sit in a study room downloading entire discographies from K2N using the university Wi-Fi.

[​IMG]

Kadebostany, R92, yuuurei and 20 others like this.
  7. Slice of Life

Pleek! I was genuinely emotional reading K2NBlog-nim’s post FFFFFFF! Like she is my family! She is my mom!

No but forreal, things like this make me realize that K-Pop fans have it soooo much easier these days. Old hags, remember when music shows were not broadcasted – nah, not even posted on YouTube FFFFFF! I remember my YouTube heroes such as UnknowCarrot and monmonsnow making multiple YouTube accounts because they always get reported FFFFFFFFFF!!! And then the variety shows get uploaded not by episodes but by parts….. like E01 Part 5/7 FFFFFFFFF!!!!!!! We were fighting for our lives back then!!!!! God I feel old!!

8. If this is true, you must wonder why HYBE just didn't take the L.

9. Wow KN2BLOG Is a blast from the past. It’s how I found out KPOP acts put out tons of Japanese music. TVXQ and MYNAME in particular.

10. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

K2nblog wow....the memories.

[​IMG]

Kadebostany, clowezra, R92 and 12 others like this.
  11. Slice of Life

Holy shit!! Save the other Le Sserafim members ffs!!

nikkysan, ohdenny, collxtion and 6 others like this.
  12. When lovekpopsubs stopped posting a bit of my love for kpop died so I understand your pain.

13. Ah, I suppose HYBE didnt want to retract their initial statement because that would essentially make them liars. From the sounds of it, the order was

Garam allegations > HYBE makes a statement suggesting Garam did no such thing, and may even be a victim herself > Victim comes forward, only wants a retraction and apology.

It's not so much like the Soojin issue where Soojin, herself, could have just apologised on first rip. HYBE fumbled on this one by moving too quick it and carelessly I guess. I'd say Garam should have just apologised, but I imagine her hands are tied in the kind of statements she would like to make, being a fresh debut?

All that aside I feel very queasy at the idea of releasing school records to the public to expose a (then) 12 year old's actions. If the actions border onto the criminal then I guess that makes sense but then it makes me wonder why she wasnt brought to justice at the time considering they have a record of everything.

14. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

But she was, that's the thing. Like, they can't take a then 12 yo (and her friends) to an actual court for obvious reasons, but she was punished in school for it in a way that... frankly, I don't think any of the other cases of bullying in kpop reached that point, as far as I'm aware? It was mostly situations that the schools weren't aware of or pretended not to be. So for her and her friends to be put through a a committee and be found guilty is pretty damning.

I think HYBE fumbled the bag hard for not solving this in private and for not taking more than a single day to look into what was going on before releasing that statement. At this point I just hope the other five can continue promoting (which they probably will be fine doing so, as long as HYBE takes the L). I am kinda uncomfortable with the armchair psychologists on twitter attempting to diagnose Garam with everything from being someone without remorse to a sociopath, and it's kinda why I can't take the social media discourse on this very seriously.

15. Slice of Life

Oh, HYBE actually already responded to this and they’re sticking with Garam. I copied their statement from Allkpoop

So I guess the alleged victim and their lawyers will be releasing the full report from the School Violence Countermeasures Committee now……….

ohdenny, ryjm, RUNAWAY and 5 others like this.
  16. this whole garam thing is just exhausting and fearless is not good enough to separate the art from the artist, where my little DIVERS at?

Pretty Places, R92, nikkysan and 15 others like this.
  17. I have it on good authority that even former LOVE DIVE-hater @codecat has now joined our ranks… Poor Le Sserafim!

nikkysan, ohdenny, enjoy and 15 others like this.
  18. He

He

SOTY contender.

enjoy, ultraviolet, ryjm and 10 others like this.
  19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

MVPs get ready for another Onew MV! At least I’m hoping he will show up in a scene or two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.