K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 6498 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. The Æs have new outfits (and new faces!!!!), it’s over for the other girlies I fear!! No expense spared at the SM headquarters!

I guess now that Hyoyeon is a canon villain in the SMCU they can’t have all the æs lookin like her pffff.

ultraviolet, ohdenny, ysev and 10 others like this.
  2. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Those are not the aes those are aespa themselves dddddddd

ultraviolet, ysev, bbynewyear and 8 others like this.
  3. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

She's giving us a FULL ALBUM!!!!!!

Sanctuary, ohdenny, Island and 6 others like this.
  4. Wait… Aren’t the aes just… virtual aespa? Oooooh boy I still have much to learn about their lore.

ultraviolet, ysev, Wills and 9 others like this.
  5. So you're telling me that they had the technology to make the aes look like the members this entire time but just... didn't?

[​IMG]

ultraviolet, ohdenny, Island and 13 others like this.
  6. Waittttt are you sure? We’ve seen the girls in Kwangya before and they didn’t take on a CGI form, what makes a digital aespa member different from their æ? And why is this damn lore so dense??

7. He

He

Ddd I was looking forward to the aes refresh. Virtual Ningning looks like HYO.

8. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Seated for the LOONA and Kep1er comeback showdown in about an hour~
    [​IMG]

9. Kep1er off to a good start! Now let’s see if the music hits

ultraviolet, ysev, tj-x and 1 other person like this.
  10. They explain in ep1 that the æs are the idealized manifestations of our digital footprint, the best sides we choose to show to the internet, sometimes edited and augmented beyond reality, taken independent form. I expect ep2 to reveal that Black Mamba is not just a video game boss they defeat but is actually the opposite side of the coin, a dark mirror entity opposite of the æs that represent the insidious ways we interface with the internet, something one with and part of the self. Since their debut, I thought their concept would be vaguely about the constant internal struggle between good and evil, between the butterfly and the snake, set against the backdrop of the World Wide Web. I guess we are about to find out. @LSM please reply to my DMs. x

11. aux

aux

The final chorus of "Flip That" is so fucking good.

[​IMG]

12. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Support your local nugu rookies~

This one’s for the ethnic hip enthusiasts!

And this one’s for the innocent hoes!

13. The thumping bassline? The high-energy, propulsing beat? The explosive chorus? The second prechorus that sounds like it's interpolating "Gypsy Woman"?

A SMASH

[​IMG]
    The gentle, euphoric, sparkly production that harkens back to their brighter tracks yet still sounds new for them? The unconventional chord progression in the bridge? The build up to the last chorus, which greets us with a different hook? ViVi getting more screentime than in the entirety of Queendom 2?

A SMASH

[​IMG]

14. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Yes but the point was never for the aes to look like carbon copies of them... which you can understand by watching the new episode xx

15. The KEP1ER mini is excellent

ultraviolet and ysev like this.
  16. Flip That is fantastic. The hook is never ever going to leave my head. Everybody looks great too and I just… Aaaah I love the whole vibe of this release, I’m so happy.

On the other hand Up! is a whole lot of nothing and the less said about Lalupus the better.

thommyh, Island, _hazzie_ and 9 others like this.
  17. 'Up!' and 'Flip That' are both so good… Truly like the two different sides of a summer bop. The first one is thumping, brassy and just so fun. Like a 4pm afternoon at the pool. Colorful and sunny. The latter is ethereal, dreamy and sweet. It’s for my "summer at 4am" bitches — if you know you know!!

Just… wow! Queens. x

I recommend "Pale Blue Dot" to everyone too!!

ultraviolet, thommyh, Island and 13 others like this.
  18. Flip That and Up! are monster bangers, I’m floored. Summery k-pop done right, ready to get my hot pants on and a champagne/wine/tequila/margarita/mojito with lime/sweet mimosa/piña colada in my hands girlies!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.