K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 6592 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

REAL TIME ALLKILL INCOMING?????
    [​IMG]

tj-x, Dreampopboy, Overdose and 12 others like this.
  2. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

BLACKPINK 2ND FULL ALBUM - SEPTEMBER 16TH OMFG!!

tj-x, Dreampopboy, Overdose and 16 others like this.
  3. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

4. I’m pretty sure this means the photobooks just don’t come with the CD-Rs any more, just a download code. It makes sense though, K-pop fans hardly buy physical albums for the actual disc itself, most never even play the CD. Lorde her impact!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  5. I am obsessed with "Dreams Come True". I became aware of it recently as I was getting into aespa and just playing their videos on loop, so I didn't know it was an S.E.S. cover, I thought it was just a regular aespa comeback. I love their version, but the original is just so damn 90's, like damn. Right up my street. The beat, the synthline, the melody, the production, the filtered dreamy vocals, the PS1 Crash Bandicoot aesthetics of the video... Obsessed. And then I almost cried when I watched the Red Velvet + TWICE special stage where they do the song with Seulgi ushering in the chorus! I think I might need to give the first generation mothers a try.

R92, Crisp X, collxtion and 12 others like this.
  6. Please consider giving their label mates/first generation fathers a try as well, if only to know the history…

RUNAWAY and Applause like this.
  7. He

He

Truly a classic.

8. He's in his Winnie the Witch era!

[​IMG]

Deja-Boo, Overdose, ohdenny and 3 others like this.
  9. Apparently Seohyun has COVID so promotions such as Mcountdown for Forever 1 are cancelled?! I might cry.

Not sure if true. It’s from a Reddit / Twitter image:

EDIT: it is true. Seohyun addressed it on Instagram stories. I think says promotions moved to next week so they aren’t cancelled completely (from Insta’s own translation)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    ultraviolet and Salami like this.
    R92, tj-x, Dreampopboy and 12 others like this.
  11. Put some respect on Nylon Beat sunbaenim’s name.

He likes this.
  13. We definitely salute Nylon Beat sunbaenim for originating the bop but they shall stay in Finland with their fairy wings non-having asses!

[​IMG]

14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I did not buy a CD player this year for JYP to disrespect me like this. I think it’s far more likely to be what @eccentricsimply is talking about- they will offer the option with a download code and photocards. One thing to consider is that JYP has a lot of groups distributing in North America now and people who stop into CD stores still expect to buy a CD.

I came here to ask something else, so let me not forget that. Does anybody have some good recommendations for 1st and 2nd gen albums that aren’t the usual ones? I’m downloading music for my trip and I’d like to check out a few.

clowezra, ryjm, collxtion and 5 others like this.
  15. Not CD erasure discourse just when you thought K-Pop could be trusted! I hate the future.

ryjm, collxtion, ohdenny and 4 others like this.
  16. The real question is when will K-Pop embrace vinyl (without marking it up absurdly; yes, Im talking to you @SMTOWN)…

17. Please no my wallet is already suffering enough.

18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Speaking of old technology, Key is releasing a VHS version of his album. I am praying to Shaman Slicey that he doesn’t mean an actual VHS, just a box shaped like one. I can do cassette tapes, CDs, vinyl… but VHS?

Deja-Boo, collxtion, nikkysan and 4 others like this.
  19. Not with the production lead times of over 1 year. For now vinyl is just a luxury gift for fans ddd. At least SM has been pretty consistent with giving almost every new release a vinyl format.

20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

My Key Vinyl wasn’t priced too badly, but I did use one of those ktown4u discounts created by Shawols. What is annoying me is the stores taking orders and saying no refunds even though there is zero guarantee a person will receive their vinyl with such a long lead time. I wanted to buy Suho’s Grey Suit LP but there were already several hundred preorders. I’m not risking giving my money to a store for nothing in return.

Slice of Life likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.