K-Pop (General Discussion)

eccentricsimply

Staff member
they/them
Damn Ditto influenced everyone
Okay, this is getting kind of annoying.

I'm Unhappy was recorded before New Jeans even debuted and the music video was planned before Ditto even came out. I love Ditto, but the companies are not all keeping track of everything New Jeans are doing at all times and trying to emulate it. If anything this music video is giving Olivia Rodrigo's Sour.

Okay, this is getting kind of annoying.

I'm Unhappy was recorded before New Jeans even debuted and the music video was planned before Ditto even came out. I love Ditto, but the companies are not all keeping track of everything New Jeans are doing at all times and trying to emulate it. If anything this music video is giving Olivia Rodrigo's Sour.
I don’t know about all that, but it starts with them running in slow motion in a school girls outfit in a school with similar lighting… It’s not that serious, just a funny observation.

I don’t know about all that, but it starts with them running in slow motion in a school girls outfit in a school with similar lighting… It’s not that serious, just a funny observation.
Like most KPOP videos don't do this?

I don't know what it is but Aespa is finally clicking with me this year. Keep on barraging me dongsaengs until I totally cave in!!

Like most KPOP videos don't do this?

I don't know what it is but Aespa is finally clicking with me this year. Keep on barraging me dongsaengs until I totally cave in!!
What’s another that starts the same way? And for the record, the rest of the video and the song have nothing to do with ditto, I was just making a joke about the opening.

Anyway, I like this song so much more than Welcome To My World, but I can’t wait for the Thirsty music video. Supposedly this is the first of the three Bside music videos.

I legitimately can't stop playing Unforgiven, it's the perfect package for me - song, visuals and the choreography.

I am a little bit miffed at the mixed reaction it seems to be getting. I think it's an extreremely strong follow up to Antifragile. It's clearly carving out an identity for them sound-wise without being a carbon copy of its predecessor.

I'm also obsessed with the 'Riverdance' move in the chorus where the girls are all holding hands ddd.

Whew, Welcome To MY World… Utterly fantastic. Dreamy, foreboding, expansive, probably my favourite song of theirs already. I love the moments of their signature PC-music-esque drums/synths threatening to break out right before the second chorus, it feels like a great little moment of musical world building and lore without becoming gimmicky. I’m Unhappy also sounds just as fantastic, and it’s really exciting seeing their videography expand into a new style and narrative.

Unforgiven is fine, bit of a letdown sonically after seeing the Nile Rodgers feature. They can perform the hell out of it, though, so I’m sure it’ll warm on me more. The rest of the new songs are pretty great, with Eve being the obvious standout.

he/him

Not the Candy Jelly Love instrumental…
monsterr76-gaga.gif