K-Pop (General Discussion)

It's like you can tell exactly which part was for each Blackpink member.
You can even hear Jisoo and Rose how the girls emulating their voices in pre-choirs. Even Lisa’s way of rapping.

The song is cute but too much Blackpink wannabe. Like that should have been the title song it would distance themselves from being a BP clone but... YG.

Sheesh started off promising but yeah that “chorus” just spoils everything. And the climax (which was often the highlight of Blackpink’s songs) just falls flat on its face…

To be fair this sound is what used to set YG groups apart from other companies. However after it sort of blew up and became a trend with Blackpink it’s now no longer ‘innovative’ or ‘different’ but rather completely dated.

Honestly these girls have great vocals and a more laid back R&B concept would have really suited them, but instead YG goes for another rehash of his two previous girl groups. One thing I always give SM and JYP is that all their girl groups are different and have their own unique concepts. YG on the other hand just introduces another re-incarnation of the previous group once he fucks that one up (although Blackpink did kind of find their own lane as time went on I suppose).

I think Pharita is my bias in the group, she’s very charming and has a nice voice. Asa is also an amazing rapper and killed her verse in the song. Ahyeon needs to just stick to singing I think instead of rapping. She is a star and a fantastic singer but she got ate up in the rap parts by the other two.

You can even hear Jisoo and Rose how the girls emulating their voices in pre-choirs. Even Lisa’s way of rapping.

The song is cute but too much Blackpink wannabe. Like that should have been the title song it would distance themselves from being a BP clone but... YG.
To be fair on Babymonster, Blackpink were criticised for the longest time for copying 2NE1’s singing and rapping style. That ‘style’ must be how YG train their talent to sing and rap.