K-Pop (General Discussion)

Belif Lab, one of HYBE’s record labels, debuted the 5-member female idol group ILLIT in March this year. After ILLIT’s teaser photo was released, reactions like 'I thought it was New Jeans' flooded the online world. ILLIT is copying New Jeans in all areas of entertainment activities, including hair, makeup, costumes, choreography, photography, video and event appearances.
I mean... I'm gonna sound a bitsy delusional but I'm sawry but I have to ijbol a little. Kpop girl groups have copied off of each other for years and if we wanna talk then Min Heejin give BVNDIT their flowers coz they did most of that shit with COOL if we feel like spilling.

And like also where was all this when tripleS debuted with Generation?

I mean... I'm gonna sound a bitsy delusional but I'm sawry but I have to ijbol a little. Kpop girl groups have copied off of each other for years and if we wanna talk then Min Heejin give BVNDIT their flowers coz they did most of that shit with COOL if we feel like spilling.

And like also where was all this when tripleS debuted with Generation?
I think it's a bit different when it's a subsidiary debuting a group that is very similar to yours. It'd be like if BLACKLABEL debut WHITEPINK, a 4 member girl group with Teddy produced songs while BLACKPINK were still on YG. Competitors can always take from each other, but your own label?

Min Heejin is, first and foremost, a creative, so I understand her frustration at not having complete ownership of a company and brand that she sees as entirely her own creation, but let's be real, none of this would even be happening if ILLIT had flopped. She could live knowing HYBE needed her more than she needed them, but that's clearly not the case.

Apparently HYBE wants to paint her as an abuser…
Honestly I hope both groups come out of this okay…
It has to suck being at the mercy of the internal politics of a conglomeration…

Reactions: He
he/him
Competitors can always take from each other, but your own label?
Let alone from the label that probably courted Min Heejin with everything they had to then studying NewJeans' success as a case study to develop and launch this corporate data-driven version of them on another label and pump all the promo machinery they can find on it...I'd be pissed off as hell too if the call came from inside the house like this!

Funny how this is coming out at the heels of a NewJeans comeback. Great statement from ADOR – I did think "well she should have known better before signing with HYBE" considering how they're the worst, but it's clear that all the good faith in that contract was clearly broken. There seems to be a very calculated narrative here and we should expect more things to come out (hell, who knows if other competitors aren't going to seize the chance!)

The consensus around HYBE groups seems to be lower than ever (LSFM tragic Coachella performances, ILLIT existing) and people are noticing that – HYBE will have to play their cards right on this one. They will most certainly not lose their money maker group, and sure, they might do a lot to control the narrative and the outcomes, but it'd be dumb of them to underestimate why people gravitated to NewJeans that much in the first place and to think key collaborators are replaceable. Corporate shenanigans aside, la biblioteca esta OPEN and I will be watching closely!

28c51c1e6c57fd6e056b4c9d3a3bcf4b.gif