K Pop HELP | The Popjustice Forum

K Pop HELP

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by mump boy, Sep 3, 2011.

1. So me and Baby Clyde are in Korea and watching the chart rundown and it's MAZE but we're a little confused. We're going record shopping before we leve but need some help

Titles come up for each artist but we're not sure if it's the song title or the artist name, we've worked some out thanks to this board

G.NA sings Top Girl and Banana and Sister sing So Cool (is that right ??) but

Is Rocket Girl a song or a singer and what's Stellar??

Who sings Comeback ? is Idol a band? Who sings Bling Bling ? or Good Time ?

A few observations, everyone is gorgeous, they could teach the UK a few things about how to put together girl and boybands, making no attempt to sing or even lipsync is deffo the way forward

2. MCD are number 1 they're all crying like big girls, bless

also i don't think Comeback was a song i think it was refereing to a 'comeback' by Davinchi does that make sense ??

3. Hope you're having fun in Korea! I'm not as plugged in to Kpop as everyone else here but I'll try my best.

Dal★Shabet sing Bling Bling.
    Davichi's latest "comeback" was for the mini-album Love Delight, so look for that.
    Stellar sing Rocket Girl but I think that's just a digital single.
    Koyote sing Good Good Time.

4. I've never understood this forum before. I couldn't understand why people would be so obsessed with a load of tacky popstars singing in a foreign language.

Obviously I was completely wrong and an now officially obsessed myself.

Every single act was fantabulous and I simply have to own records by all of them. We're really busy and don't have time top go through this whole forum working everything out.

Are there any compilations anyone could suggest. Like a Korean 'Now That's What I Call Music'?

It goes without saying I'll be buying everything that T-Ara and G.NA have ever recorded.

Really well produced catchy pop songs and acts with real star quality performing them. Lots to learn by western record companies me thinks.

5. 3Xs

3Xs

Correct on all accounts.

"Rocket Girl" is a song by new girl group Stellar: http://youtu.be/wbIIeeQbaKw

Bling Bling is by Dal Shabet: http://youtu.be/ffNImPit_WY

"Good Good Time" is by Koyote: http://youtu.be/H8Pm5MMCiEE

In Korea when an artist releases new music it's always called a 'comeback', even if the person hasn't been gone for long at all.

Hope that cleared some things up.

EDIT: SloMover beat me to it!

6. No. Clearly the best are SNE1.

Is this the video that we saw in the cab and then got them muddled uip with T-ara at the karaoke bar because how were we to know that all Korean pop groups have multitudes of fabulous women in them, all of whom are more amazing than anything the UK has produced since Girls Aloud's first single.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_lSP8Vc3o

When was the last time G.A. had video that looked this expensive and well done???

Answer - Never!!!

7. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Perhaps Girls Aloud should fly to Korea to have their comeback video filmed there.

8. Just make sure you find out about SNSD (Girls' Generation) before you go. They're Korea's number 1 girlgroup and they're the best. Have a good stay in Korea!

9. Oh, going crazy in a Korean record store sounds like so much fun, I want to join in!

10. Suggestions please?

I think it's fair to say that we're into a more sophisticated electro/pop sound rather than anything tacky, cheesy, Eurovision (So much we've heard on the radio sounds like Albania's Eurovision entry circa '99). And anything going down a Euro/Guetta/BEP route is as complete no no.

More Girls Aloud/Robyn/Sugababes if that makes sense.

I understand that asking for the classy intelligent sounding side of K-Pop might be missing the point somewhat but I'm sure you lot will know if anyone does.

Obviously all of this goes out the window if the performers are as terriffic as the ones I've seen so far. T-ara performing 'My Humps' would be amaze.

Also are there any older artists whose greatest hits it would be good to buy? Who are the Korean Madonna/Kylie/Cher's etc?

And are there any good K-Pop compilations like NTWICM where we could get a good round up all in one go rather than buying whole albums of some artists where a few of their best songs would do.

11. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I suggest buying Gain and Narsha's mini-albums. Also do check out the Brown Eyed Girls. I don't think it'll be easy to find compilation albums. Personally, I don't know any. The closest thing would be soundtracks of popular Korean shows but they don't house the popular songs.

Buying Everything T-ara is a good decision, most especially Absolute First Album, Breaking Heart and Temptastic.

12. 2NE1 and early 4Minute is all I can say.

13. I'll second the Ga-in (Irreversible)/Narsha (Bbi Ri Bba Bba)/Brown Eyed Girls (Abracadabra) recommendation. Ga-In's Step 2/4 mini album is one of if not the best of 2010, and of all time. And is very classy!

And so jealous of you! If you see Taeyang tell him I love him and would very much like to marry him at some point this year.

14. Yes I would second (or third?) Ga-in and Narsha's mini albums, also Kahi's first mini album and definitely BoA's Hurricane Venus album (or the repackage 'Copy & Paste')!

15. But isn't 'Breaking Heart' just a repackaged version of 'Absolute First Album'? Doesn't it make more sense just to buy the former?

16. Hated Ga-in's album!

18. If you see this album in the shops, buy it. You'd be a fool if you didn't.
    [​IMG]

The album fits the sophisticated, electro/pop style to a T. It's in Japanese, but they're a Korean group, so you'll most likely find it in shops.

19. No! The two posts above are incorrect. If you see this:
    [​IMG]

You must pick it up without hesitation. It is your top priority!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.