K-pop Loot! | The Popjustice Forum

K-pop Loot!

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hanzan, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Because besides the music and the videos there is another area where K-pop dominates (alongside J-pop).

Packaging.

For someone like me who loves vinyls, nice box-sets, the physical feel and appearance of music and more, K-pop packaging is a veritable treasure cove of design, lavish bonuses and style.

So a thread to showcase some of our favourite k-pop designs? Or just recently acquired loot!

And to kick it off, a friend visiting Korea just sent me this to let me know I got some releases coming my way!

[​IMG]

2. 3Xs

3Xs

Ooh love the idea of this thread! Someone remind me to take photos of my stuff when I have the time.

3. I'm going to hate this thread so much because I have hardly anything and you guys are going to make me so jealous.

4. I moved recently and these are the albums I have easily accessible, I have 2PM, EXO (K/M), Kim Hyung Joong, INFINITE, BIGBANG and SNSD in boxes somewhere (forgive the lighting).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My favorite physical album is BEAST's Shock of the New Era. I also love Super Junior's Bonamana and SHINee's Lucifer (version B). They are like beautiful picture books with a CD at the end of them.

5. My favourite is After School Red's In The Night Sky mini. It's not particularly interesting but I just find it really funny that all the images are printed on thick card which you can tear out - it's like wank cards you can pass around and share.

And it's glossy so you don't have to worry about *ahem* water damage.

6. Is the middle one in the bottom row Taeyang's Solar? Looks like another must purchase...

7. All I have is T-ara John Travolta Wannabe haha.

8. Menboong

Menboong Guest

How can you of all people not have Breaking Heart?

9. I really should buy Breaking Heart.

It is indeed! It's worth the purchase if only because of how good looking he looks in the booklet pictures, haha. But really, the album is one of my favorites albums ever. So many great songs. So I had to get a physical!

10. It's on the list.

Received this today in the mail!

[​IMG]

Photos don't do justice for how cool the foiled neon-colour effect on Name Is 4Minute is.

11. That is a beautiful collection Oricon!!

12. It really isn't, my room is a mess because of how many CDs I purchased 2-3 years ago. I've stopped buying them now (only buy the odd one or two per year) but before I would literally purchase every single edition of the favourite artists I adore (including the Japanese editions which drained my money fast). But thank you anyways and I like your BEAST collection!

13. Oricon, my k-pop side is in awe of your collection while my record collector side is terrified at the lack of order there. How the lack of funds can frustrate. My recent purchases are the first k-pop releases I've gotten in one and a half year. Hopefully my economy will continue to stabilize so I can get more, more, moooore.

14. I really have no room to place them elsewhere as I'd love to go and make a special shelf dedicated to my Asian music collection but the effort that is required is just....

15. I don't have the patience to buy K-Pop CDs from places like YesAsia etc. and JTW was on HMV so I bought it ages ago haha!

16. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Can we spend a night in Oricon's place and just ogle at his collection and take selfies with them? DAMN!

17. My collection isn't nearly as extensive, but I have the Brown Eyed Girls Cleansing Creme edition, which is gorgeous and by far my favourite, so I'm happy.

Slice of Life likes this.
  18. Congratulations! The friend visiting Korea had that one as #1 on the list of things I wanted. Suspect I'll eventually have to e-bay it.

19. I hope you get it! In my opinion it was overpriced, but it's still so pretty, so I don't mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.