K-Pop Rates! | The Popjustice Forum

K-Pop Rates!

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Big Bang, Jan 31, 2015.

1. I think we need a place to keep track of all the rates we do. It won't have a queue as we're a pretty small group, but this is just so we know what's what.

CURRENTLY RUNNING
    The 4th Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize (3Xs)

CURRENTLY ACCEPTING ENTRIES (host) [deadline]
    2NE1 : The Rate of Legends (Blayke) [March 8th]

CLAIMED RATES
    Girls Generation vs. KARA vs. Wonder Girls vs. Brown Eyed Girls vs. Jewelry vs. After School vs. 4minute vs. T-ara vs. SISTAR (Blayke)
    f(x) Discography Rate (PopZeitgeist)
    SHINee Discography Rate (Vikeyeol)
    The ULTIMATE Boyband Versus Rate (Big Bang)

SUGGESTED RATES
    7 Years of Ballads - The 2AM Discography Rate

COMPLETED RATES
    The 1st Annual 20 Won Music Prize (2011)
    The 2nd Annual 20 Won Music Prize (2012)
    The 3rd Annual 20 Won Music Prize (2013)
    The Popjustice 20 Won Music Prize GOLD: 2009 Special Repackage (2013)
    The Popjustice 20 Won Music Prize SILVER: Reply 2008 (2014)
    After School Song Survivor (2014)

Feel free to suggest any rates and I'll add them to the list, and if you want to run it I'll put it under claimed rates. (Or just go ahead and start it if you want the element of surprise!).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. I am going to do a rate where we verse:

Girls Generation vs. KARA vs. Brown Eyed Girls vs. Jewelry vs. After School vs. 4minute vs. T-ara vs. SISTAR

"The original Hallyu queens"

Where users can vote for a number of songs each group - Or I'll just choose them.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. See, I think there's at least two rates in there?

The Original Girls: SNSD vs KARA vs Wonder Girls vs 2NE1 vs BEG

The Next Generation: 4Minute vs T-ara vs After School vs SISTAR

Maybe 3 actually. Again, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  4. I like your idea, but I'm going to keep it as is. I think when SISTAR debuted (2010), that was the end of an era. Thank you for reminding me of Wonder Girls though. I don't think I'll count 2NE1 in this, even though they debuted in 2009 - they were always in their own league.

Girls Generation vs. KARA vs. Wonder Girls vs. Brown Eyed Girls vs. Jewelry vs. After School vs. 4minute vs. T-ara vs. SISTAR

The Ultimate Showdown. Jewlery are added because their legacy as longest running K-Pop girl group should NOT be ignored. I'm starting this now - It would only be a small handful of each of their songs, because they all deserve their own 'rate'.

5. Ok! Added to the list.

6. I would love to do an f(x) rate, surely they have a strong enough catalogue to warrant it.

7. I'd love to host a SHINee discography rate if anyone's interested!

Anyone with albums like Pink Tape and Red Light definitely deserve to be rated!

8. I'm definitely interested. I considered offering to do it myself, but with ~115 songs to their name (85 if you're not doing the Japanese releases), I thought it would be too daunting for most people. And a simple singles rate wouldn't do them justice. Anyway, you have one vote secured!

9. Thank you! Yeah, it's a ton of material but I assume everyone is familiar with a large portion of it already so I'd hope it isn't too intimidating. If it deters people from participating we could just exclude their Japanese material since I know it isn't really popular to begin with (although I would be sad denying Picasso its top 10 placing!).

10. So many kpoppers albums are complete shite though. I'd prefer a singles vs things for most.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.