K-Pop Rates

ohnostalgia

Staff member
She/her
So Taemin's 10 year solo anniversary is coming up pretty soon and it's made me think about doing something for him. A full rate isn't out of the question, but I'm also well aware that our numbers are dwindling and I don't want to commit a whole lot of time if it's going to be like five of us. So other options could be having a Taemin rate that's run more like a song contest where we submit our favourite song to compete against each other, or one of the ultimate countdowns where we submit like 10 favourite Taemin songs and I count them all down. What do people think?

So Taemin's 10 year solo anniversary is coming up pretty soon and it's made me think about doing something for him. A full rate isn't out of the question, but I'm also well aware that our numbers are dwindling and I don't want to commit a whole lot of time if it's going to be like five of us. So other options could be having a Taemin rate that's run more like a song contest where we submit our favourite song to compete against each other, or one of the ultimate countdowns where we submit like 10 favourite Taemin songs and I count them all down. What do people think?
I love the idea of a discography rate but I fully understand the … lack of wanting to do all of that with a voting pool of probably less than 10. The idea of submitting top songs song contest style also sounds fun. Or maybe like, a rate of all the title tracks + a collection of 15-20 B-Sides or something based on submissions could be fun?

ohnostalgia

Staff member
She/her
@boom bazooka joe do you have an idea yet of when the voting period for your rate might be? I don't want to schedule overlap between ours as it's basically the same voter pool.

I think that I will go ahead with a rate of the singles plus having people submit a certain number of favourite tracks.

@boom bazooka joe do you have an idea yet of when the voting period for your rate might be? I don't want to schedule overlap between ours as it's basically the same voter pool.

I think that I will go ahead with a rate of the singles plus having people submit a certain number of favourite tracks.
My plan is to launch the thread Monday! With a very short window for the last round of song submissions and basically June will be the voting period.

Main-Logo.png

K-Pop Boys Rate 2023 is now open!​

ohnostalgia

Staff member
She/her
Taemin rate update. I have identified 18 tracks between his Korean and Japanese discography that were promoted as singles. So then for submitted songs, I guess it depends on whether people want a longer rate or not. I think we should at least try to have 30 songs total (minimum 12 submissions), but we could go up in total if people want.

KOREAN
Danger
Drip Drop
Press Your Number
Move
Thirsty
Day and Night
Want
2 Kids
Criminal
Idea
Advice
Guilty
JAPANESE
Sayanora Hitori
Flame of Love
Eclipse
Mars
Under My Skin
Famous

Taemin rate update. I have identified 18 tracks between his Korean and Japanese discography that were promoted as singles. So then for submitted songs, I guess it depends on whether people want a longer rate or not. I think we should at least try to have 30 songs total (minimum 12 submissions), but we could go up in total if people want.

KOREAN
Danger
Drip Drop
Press Your Number
Move
Thirsty
Day and Night
Want
2 Kids
Criminal
Idea
Advice
Guilty
JAPANESE
Sayanora Hitori
Flame of Love
Eclipse
Mars
Under My Skin
Famous
my favorite rate ever was just two songs
and i still listen to those two songs all the time

ohnostalgia

Staff member
She/her
Taemin announcing an August comeback to ruin my plans ffff. Well, do we wait or do we just stop at Guilty and rebrand it as a Part 1 rate (aka the SM years)? If we wait, I don’t know when I might start because I am also in classes in September.