K-PopCDjustice | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

K-PopCDjustice

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by aux, Jan 6, 2021.

1. You know the rules, they must perish.
    [​IMG]

2. Just a warning for anyone buying Chung Ha's album:
    It is massive.
    [​IMG]

Plethorya, RUNAWAY, Crisp X and 2 others like this.
  3. For anyone (like me) who missed out the first time, it looks like Oh My Girl are reissuing all their stuff.
    Everything from the self-titled (the one with Cupid) to Secret Garden is out already.
    Remember Me and Fifth Season/Fall in Love come out in a couple weeks.
    I started buying their albums around Banana Allergy Monkey so I'm very excited to get my hands on the earlier records.

One caveat: Oh My Girl Banhana is not included in the reissue series. You can still get all the same songs (in Korean and Japanese) if you buy the Japanese single, but if you're in it for the packaging/collecting I can definitely see that being a bit disappointing.
    The original Game Boy-style box was so adorable!

Luck, Crisp X, aux and 1 other person like this.
  4. This is excellent news. I've been looking for a copy of Fifth Season for a while.

5. Second addition to my collection, and yes it's another super cute one :・゚✧*:・゚✧

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  6. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Okay cute, but @Glitterizer what app did you use to do the borders?

Slice of Life, aux, Luck and 2 others like this.
  7. Good ol' Photoshop, kii.

Slice of Life, Wills, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  8. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Can someone recommend an app that can do this for me?

Slice of Life, Wills and aux like this.
  9. This app seems like it can do the job, but I don't which features are paid.

10. Instagram's Layout app is like a really shitty version for those of us too untalented for PS [​IMG]

Slice of Life, RUNAWAY and aux like this.
  11. GIMP is an open-source photo editor. Which means it's free. And not a memory hog like Photoshop. I use it all the time: https://www.gimp.org/

thommyh, Luck, Slice of Life and 4 others like this.
  12. [​IMG]

Overdose, thommyh, aux and 1 other person like this.
  13. ...how much would I get for these on eBay?

[​IMG]

14. aux

aux

Chung Ha's album is being released on vinyl! I'm so happy to see K-Pop releases get more vinyl pressings now even if they're outrageously priced.

fatyoshi, thommyh, Luck and 5 others like this.
  15. That looks positively deluxe. Hoping this catches on!

thommyh, Wills, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  16. aux

aux

It looks gorgeous. I hope that they continue to press albums on vinyl, but in the style they did with BLACKPINK's The Album - release a "deluxe" boxset with all the usual stuff that comes with other K-Pop albums (photocards, photobooks, posters, etc.) and also release a standard pressing that's widely available with just the vinyl and no extras.

It's exciting though. SM seems to be doing it more often now, which worries my wallet as I'll most likely be shelling out to get Wendy's mini-album and Red Velvet's comeback whenever it happens. Chung Ha is signed to 88rising as well as her Korean label, so I'm hoping that 88rising gives this a worldwide release. The other worrying news for my wallet is that LOONA is allegedly now under Warner Music Group / 88rising too, which could mean that whenever their next comeback is (hopefully soon), we'll get a vinyl pressing of it.

Ideally, I'd love to see these girlies press greatest hits on vinyl though. I know it's an outdated format, but I feel like vinyl is the perfect home for these sort of releases. For example, I don't know if I would buy a full SNSD album on vinyl - but I would definitely get their greatest hits on LP.

fatyoshi, Luck, Wills and 3 others like this.
  17. How much would it cost to ship them from Tristan Da Cunha?
    You might have to throw in a sweater and some postage stamps.

Pretty Places and Slice of Life like this.
  18. My impression is SM only do it for the 'serious artistes' (ie TAEYEON). The SuperM ones were produced thanks to the Capitol deal, as a tactic to manipulate US charts (but after Billboard changed their rules to ban vinyl preorders that ship a year later from counting towards first week sales I don't see them attempting it again anytime soon). We'll see!

aux likes this.
  19. It’s cheaper than you’d expect, but it will take 8 months to arrive anywhere.

20. Wait, you actually live there? Iconic!

aux likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.