K-Popjustice Charts | April 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts | April 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Sis, you should have.... Now my points to Butterfly will go to WASTE.

2. Dddd nawt when my ballot is basically all Twice mixed with LOONA.

3. Not me trying to secure tastemaker status by illegally including May's #1 song* on my April ballot ddd. Sorry for holding up proceedings!

*It's by a boy, so, yeah, no.

Sanctuary, Vixen, He and 2 others like this.
  4. I thought of doing this for.... some boys. But we’ll just wait till May.

Slice of Life likes this.
  5. Sorry for not submitting, unnie! I had some unexpected things come up this weekend and had virtually no time to complete my ballot.

Kuhleezi, nikkysan, vague and 2 others like this.
  6. Oop, I've been on a mini-vacation from the forrem and of course I forgot to submit my scores for this...

Kuhleezi, nikkysan, vague and 2 others like this.
  7. Omfg sorry for keeping you waiting. Just had to prioritize IRL stuff. Results will start later tonight, my time. ♡

Serg., vague, Love Deluxe and 20 others like this.
  8. Hello.

《BUBBLING UNDER CHART》
    〈ALBUMS〉

[​IMG]

FOCUS
    Jus2
    JYP Entertainment

15 points

Voters:
    6 - @eliminathan
    3 - @ryjm, @Cotton Park, @Wills

ryjm: My obsession with this mini grows with each listen. I absolutely adore the hazy, dreamy sensuality of it all (legit features in my date night playlist because holy fuck is this one sexy mini). While GOT7 can be pretty inconsistent with their output, this sub-unit is perfection and I need them to release a follow up. Such a seductive and thrilling mini.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

SPRING MEMORIES
    N.Flying
    FNC Entertainment

16 points

Voters:
    8 - @BEST FICTION
    4 - @Coming Century, @Slice of Life

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

GENIE:US
    Pentagon
    Cube Entertainment

17 points

Voters:
    8 - @Serg.
    5 - @Wills
    4 - @ryjm

ryjm: I’m a dumb bitch for not throwing some points at this last month, so to repent, I am acknowledging its greatness now. 신토불이 is a relentless earth-shattering bop and (perhaps controversially) a better interpretation of Wanna One’s Energetic sound. Lost Paradise is surprisingly affecting – for a rap focused track with more aggressive vocals, it’s rather captivating and emotive. 에일리언 and Round 1 showcase Pentagon’s boundless energy and just exude pure joy, even if they are not the most beautifully crafted songs, they’re undeniably enjoyable.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

BVNDIT, BE AMBITIOUS!
    BVNDIT
    MNH Entertainment

17 points

Voters:
    8 - @Empty Shoebox, @Squashua
    1 - @Cotton Park

DDDDDD I just realized the album only includes two full songs and 1 intro so technically this was ineligible to chart. But it is what is. Thankfully it didn't chart higher. x

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

APRIL, AND A FLOWER
    CHEN
    SM Entertainment

17 points

Voters:
    9 - @Squashua
    7 - @Serg.
    1 - @Oleander

9. 《BUBBLING UNDER CHART》
    〈ALBUMS〉

(TIE)

[​IMG]

SQUARE UP
    BLACKPINK
    YG Entertainment

18 points

Voters:
    7 - @Dangerous Maknae
    6 - @Serg.
    5 - @Kuhleezi

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

(TIE)

[​IMG]

XIX
    1THE9
    MBK Entertainment

18 points

Voters:
    7 - @Sanctuary
    6 - @OspreyQueen
    5 - @Coming Century

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

THE DREAM CHAPTER: STAR
    TXT
    Big Hit Entertainment

18 points

Voters:
    7 - @Wills
    6 - @Vixen
    3 - @OspreyQueen
    2 - @ryjm

ryjm: Ddddd the BigHit stan jumped out. I love these boys, I have no shame, blame Slicey. (SOL: I'M INNOCENT!)

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

NO.1
    CLC
    Cube Entertainment

21 points

Voters:
    7 - @PopZeitgeist, @Kuhleezi, @Vixen

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

YOUTH DIARY 1: FLOWER ENERGY
    BOL4
    Shofar Music

21 points

Voters:
    9 - @Oleander
    7 - @ryan_riot92
    5 - @Slice of Life

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS FLOPPED SO BAD DDDD.

10. I'm still bitter about this one not being half as good as I expected it to be.

Vixen and Slice of Life like this.
  11. I would have included BOL4's mini if I'd been able to scrape together a top 10 albums, but it wasn't to be this month.

Slice of Life likes this.
  12. 《BUBBLING UNDER CHART》
    〈SONGS〉

[​IMG]

NAR_C
    Holland
    from the Holland mini album
    Holland Entertainment

26 points

Voters:
    9 - @bbynewyear
    8 - @RUNAWAY, @Sanctuary
    1 - @OspreyQueen

Definitely a step in the right direction for the good sis Holland. His voice sounds... listenable here which is what I really wanted from him. The production is cute too. What's not cute is Holland not having a kissing scene with his co-star in the music video. I WAS ROOTING FOR U.

bbynewyear: He did a good job with this! The beat makes it an easy sell for me and the video is refreshing to see. It *does* feel like the he’s a guest on his own track in some places but ultimately that doesn’t matter, no idea what his trajectory is like but this is the first track from him that’s given me confidence in his presence. I’m watching!

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

FROM NOW
    VERIVERY
    from the VERI-ABLE mini album
    Jellyfish Entertainment

26 points

Voters:
    9 - @OspreyQueen, @Sanctuary
    6 - @Slice of Life
    2 - @Coming Century

I'M IN PAIN. My babies deserved better. I know this isn't as good as their debut song, Ring Ring Ring. But it's still pretty stellar. I'm gagged that a group this young already found a sound that's inherently them. Better luck next time, boys.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

HOPE NOT
    BLACKPINK
    from the Kill This Love mini album
    YG Entertainment

26 points

Voters:
    9 - @Slice of Life
    7 - @Love Deluxe
    6 - @Serg.
    2 - @Salami
    1 - @Reboot, @ohnostalgia

The Anti-Ballad Brigade won again. Hope Not is gorgeous y'all. After missing the mark with their first ballad effort, Stay, BLACKPINK really hit it out of the park with Hope Not. Rosé especially sounded angelic here.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

DALLA DALLA
    ITZY
    from the IT'z Different single album
    JYP Entertainment

27 points

Voters:
    10 - @bbynewyear
    9 - @Kuhleezi
    4 - @Artemisia
    2 - @codecat
    1 - @GeiPanda

YATHHHHHHHHHH Dalla Dalla is still the girl group debut song to beat this year. So fun, so fresh, so... messy. It's already a classic.

bbynewyear: 2 months later and the song just improves with every listen. I’m still convinced the track would have received an even warmer welcome if it opted for more uptempo and less juvenile-ish verses for Ryujin and Yeji at the beginning, but these sins are easily forgiven upon the 400th listen.

As soon as a I watched the chorus play out in the MV I realised the girls were giving me Spice-Girls-but-for-2019 energy. I didn’t know I wanted it, but I’m so thankful. In a group where everyone is pulling their weight on debut, it’s crazy that Yuna is still the MVP of the track. The Yuna-Chaer-Yeji rap break is insane, and visions of a sub unit come to mind.

Nitpick: This is the first time in a while I haven’t followed a fav’s live performances and that’s mostly because the choreography (which I loved so much) just doesn’t hit the same here, it lose SO much energy when performed live. Did the music video elevate it too much? Is that a thing? (SOL: I'm living for your comments, unnie. KEEP EM COMING!)

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

HIGHLIGHT
    IZ*ONE
    from the HEART*IZ mini album
    Stone Music Entertainment

29 points

Voters:
    8 - @PopZeitgeist
    6 - @SloMover, @Gintoki
    5 - @Love Deluxe
    4 - @ryjm

YATH. Definitely one of the highlights (kii) of IZ*ONE's stunning second mini album. I understand why Violeta was chosen as the single but Highlight sounds far more interesting to me. Either way, both songs are good and WIZ*ONEs should be happy with the level of quality IZ*ONE are serving. Wanna One can't relate.

ryjm: Lowkey my favourite thing these girls have done, THIS is the kind of track I envisioned my dream line-up delivering. This completely side steps the groups overly cute and soft image, opting for a sparkling house-tinged banger. The production is absolutely thrilling, that rolling synth feels almost ticklish – and then that heavy bass drops for the chorus and my booty instantly slams to the floor. I would never have thought IZ*ONE would provide a club ready bop, but here we are.

13. Unnie, same. Let's hope Kai's solo music delivers.

vague and ryjm like this.
  14. Y’all just........hate talent huh

15. Yeah but you need to give them credit for naming their album after a Dalshabet song.

Oleander, vague and Slice of Life like this.
  16. Who_said_that.gif binch, Stay is beautiful.

17. Obviously me, bih. Fight me.

Kuhleezi, Oleander, Vixen and 9 others like this.
  18. Oooh happy we have some Holland fans here! I think his album was a great effort, I hope it finds a little more love.

Oop at me completely forgetting about IZ*One's Highlight, it's actually brilliant................................ should have gone to a solo artist though. Don't ask me why, it's just a feeling. Whatever, @ryjm 's commentary sold me on it!

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    ryjm, Oleander, PopZeitgeist and 2 others like this.
  19. Whoops I forgot to vote for Holland.

20. This month's moment of "Fell In Love Too Late" is the Eunha/Ravi track, so that's next month's useless 10-pointer sorted.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    vague, Oleander and Slice of Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.