K-Popjustice Charts | April 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts | April 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Dddd the level of slayage. When it's right, it's right.

2. Twice winning is so deserved. I love that their team finally cares about giving them good album tracks such as Girls Like Us as well as good singles.

3. TWICE definitely would’ve been my #1 for both the album and single charts if I had voted, so I’m very happy with this result.

4. Fancy is hands down their best overall release. I would have definitely thrown points its way were I to vote.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Oleander, PopZeitgeist, Serg. and 5 others like this.
  5. Fancy You is the first Twice album to have more than one good album track, all of them are decent apart from Girls Like You so the first place is really deserved.

Vixen likes this.
  6. It’s Girls Like Us which is fantastic I’ll have you know!

7. Stuck In My Head is my least favourite on Fancy You... the shock when I realised I prefer the obligatory mid-tempo.

I’ll save my thoughts on KILL THIS LOVE when all the tracks eventually place in the singles countdown...

8. Whew, we love smashing records.

9. 《MAIN CHART》
    〈SONGS〉

[​IMG]

UNIVERSE
    Minhyun (of NU'EST)
    from the Happily Ever After mini album
    Pledis Entertainment

31 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 20
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    9 - @eliminathan, @Wills
    7 - @Slice of Life
    6 - @savilizabeths

[​IMG]

YATHHHHHH. We did, girls.

Minhyun debut on K-Popjustice Charts with Universe, his first solo song post-Wanna One. And it's a stunner.

I was a fool for not listening to this earlier. This is so beautiful, oh my God. I think I love this more than NU'EST 's actual single, Bet Bet.

I really don't think Minhyun's vocals are all that but the good oppa really proved me wrong on Universe. His falsetto is so clean. He sings with so much emotion. I also love the production. Universe could've easily been a generic piano or guitar ballad but the production elevated it further.

I'm so excited for more solo music from Minhyun.

savilizabeths: I have no idea if this is going to gain enough support to make it onto the charts this month but god, I hope it does. This is my biggest surprise of the month. It's really pretty but also has bop-like qualities when the beat kicks in on the chorus. Not only do I love the song but the video adorable and made me feel things. And Minhyun himself has a sweet voice and a very nice face, his eyes kind of captivated me. Maybe this song doesn't belong this high on me chart? Who knows. But I just want to get it the points it deserves.

eliminathan: I really haven't listened to this enough but with the big girl releases and the impending full group release I kept putting it off. It IS however, one of the best releases in April and Minhyun looks and sounds magnificent as usual. A whole FOOL for choosing to release on TWICE's month because I never made ha my profile picture since MINA was DOING THAT.

10. 19

[​IMG]

MAYBE IT'S NOT OUR FAULT
    Yerin Baek
    from the Our love is great mini album
    JYP Entertainment

31 points

Peak Position: 19

Voters:
    10 - @RUNAWAY
    9 - @FunkyButChic
    8 - @Cotton Park
    4 - @Deja-Boo

Yerin Baek's latest single, Maybe It's Not Our Fault, graduates from the Bubbling Under Chart and enters the Main Chart on its second month. Talent.

This has grown on me exponentially. I already liked it in March but by April, I was completely obsessed. Yerin Baek's voice is just so mesmerizing. She continues to mystify me.

FunkyButChic: Looking back I realise why Slicey was questioning my ballot last month ddd I really shouldn’t have wasted my Yerin slot on an album track and just went for the single. It would have probably been enough to get it into the top 20. 죄송합니다! Fingers crossed this makes up for it. (SOL: Lesson learned: Always listen to Shaman Unnie's apprentice. xoxo)

11. 18

[​IMG]

KICK IT
    BLACKPINK
    from the Kill This Love mini album
    YG Entertainment

31 points

Peak Position: 18

Voters:
    9 - @Salami
    8 - @Slice of Life
    7 - @Vesperly
    4 - @Reboot
    3 - @Serg.

Kick It is the third track of BLACKPINK's second mini album, Kill This Love.

I don't wanna say Kick It is my least favourite song of the album but it was the last song that I fell in love with. It just sounded pretty safe on my first few listens. I stan so much now though. Kekeke. The girls' vocals are just on another level here.

Although Lisa is much more known as a rapper, her singing parts on Kick It are so good. "I AIN'T NOTHING LIKE THE SAME, SAME GIRLS THAT YOU HAD!" Iconique. I also love their live performances of this and made me even more in love with the song.

12. Let's continue tomorrow, girls. A heaux is tired. Goodnight. x

13. Yas Yerin is here!!

14. The verses to Kick It trigger me because it sounds like a Selena Gomez Spotify-engineered whisper-pop song nightmare like Solo but luckily the rest of the song is a bit more dynamic punchy. The “I kick it how I wanna kick it” chanting parts are iconic though.

Slice of Life likes this.
  15. YAAASSSSS! I was so sure ‘Universe’ had no hope but we did it!

eliminathan, Wills and Slice of Life like this.
  16. 17

[​IMG]

BUTTERFLY
    LOOΠΔ
    from the [X X] mini album
    BlockBerry Creative

31 points

Last Month's Position: 6
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 3

Voters:
    10 - @Vixen
    8 - @ryjm
    5 - @PopZeitgeist
    3 - @vague, @GeiPanda
    2 - @He

Butterfly pockets a third month stay on our song chart! Congratulations, girlies.

I still love it but I'm gonna need them to release Burn already. Or LOOΠΔtheballad. Or whatever they're cooking up. I need more.

ryjm: Serving elegance, grace, and butterflies in yo’ face. This will never leave rotation. A classic for the ages.

Vixen: Still iconique. Still live for it even to this day. The first minute of the song gives me so much life. The intro, those verses, that dreamy pre-chorus, then that explosive and dynamic drop-chorus. Ugh!

17. 16

[​IMG]

NOIR
    Sunmi
    from the Noir single album
    MakeUs Entertainment

32 points

Last Month's Position: 1
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    7 - @Twinkle, @BEST FICTION
    6 - @He
    4 - @PopZeitgeist
    3 - @Dangerous Maknae, @SloMover
    2 - @vague

Our last month's number one, Sunmi's Noir, slips to number 16. That's kind of a big dip.

But it doesn't matter. Noir continues to decimate every cell of my body. It's so good??? I really can't wait for Sunmi's June (?) comeback. She's gonna come for blood again. And I hope for a great album from her too.

Dangerous Maknae: I'm still shocked that someone from the K-pop world did something as great as the western creative girls' bops. (SOL: I mean, Sunmi is better than all of them xoxo)

18. 15

[​IMG]

BLUE
    Taeyeon
    from the Four Seasons single album
    SM Entertainment

33 points

Last Month's Position: 16
    Peak Position: 15
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    9 - @Dangerous Maknae
    8 - @junglefish
    7 - @Squashua
    5 - @RUNAWAY
    4 - @Rem

NAWT Taeyeon's Blue actually improving its previous position this month. Talent! Spoiler alert: Four Seasons finished at number 26 this month so Blue defeated that as well. Talent x2.

Blue is gorgeous. I know Four Seasons is definitely the more interesting song but I just find myself gravitating more towards Blue. It helps that Taeyeon sounds absolutely stunning here. Ugh. Now lemme listen to her Japanese album as well.

Dangerous Maknae: Four Seasons is a better song and the right single choice but I low key play this more. It's kinda Taeyeon on auto-pilot but it's so dramatic and emotional and beautiful that I don't care if she's done better versions of this song before. (SOL: U AND ME BOTH.)

19. Scream does this mean Blue is going to be on the year-end rate without me using my supersarang on it?

Serg., vague, Twinkle and 5 others like this.
  20. 14

[​IMG]

BLOOM BLOOM
    The Boyz
    from the Bloom Bloom single album
    Creker Entertainment

33 points

Peak Position: 14

Voters:
    7 - @Coming Century, @Wills
    6 - @Sanctuary
    5 - @OspreyQueen, @junglefish
    3 - @BEST FICTION

ASHFGJHSDGFJH forgive me, my boy group-stanning unnies. I have failed y'all by not voting for Bloom Bloom.

Bloom Bloom is the latest single of last year's best rookie boy group The Boyz. I have to admit that I hated this on my first few listens. Like, truly hate. It's just not the sound I wanted from The Boyz.

But I have (kinda) seen the light now. I'm still not super sold on the song but it is growing on me. I think the "bloom bloom pow" line is a tad too cheesy for me but the rest of the song is very pretty. I could really use this song for my spring/summer playlist. It's perfect for that.

The Boyz' visuals stay unparalleled though. Juyeon remains the prettiest but my new fave Q is also a qt. Kii.

Let's return with a better song next time, babes. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.