K-Popjustice Charts - August 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - August 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

That's it for today/tonight, unnies. whoo.mp3 that was exhausting dddddddd.

The top 30 songs will be revealed #soon.

Love you all.

Except @junglefish. I still hate you. xoxo

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh my God I can't stop crying unnies, my legendary girls did it! Love you all for making it happen xx

[​IMG]

3. what did I do this time?

4. Ddd at my albums flopping and only half making it:

1. EXO - The War
    2. Hyuna - Following

3. LONGUO & SHIHYUN - the.the.the
    4. SNSD - Holiday Night
    5. 9Muses - Muses Diary Part 3
    6. Blackpink - Blackpink EP

Not y'all letting Lisa's fire English verses go unrewarded.

5. Nine Muses are #4.

[​IMG]

6. MESS at me being highkey disgusted with y'all's stanning of Glen Check... all because I, for some inexplicable reason, got them confused with wannabe K-pop singer CHAD. FUTURE.

Yes... I have to admit, it's because both Glen and Chad are bland white men names (sorry if any of you gurls are called Glen or Chad kii). Mess mess mess. I feel ashamed @Squashua unnie, I'm about to listen to the album because of your glorious review xx

Photo reference:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  7. Holiday Night was my #7. Oops. Oops. Going back to my Sone Corner:
    [​IMG]

What the fuck DID I vote for?

Slice of Life likes this.
  8. Waaait that's not fair....you all voted for Hyuna too early and now I hate myself(I feel you Slice unnie) that I save my votes for her for the next month. Bebe needs to be no.1

Sanctuary and Slice of Life like this.
  9. Ah it's a shame that Holiday Night only grew on me after I submitted the ballot.

Also...feeels when only 3 of your songs made the chart and 2 of them were bubbling under. I'm sad that y'all slept on N.flying's 'The Real' album.

10. Slice of Life

I'm so sorry but there are no results tonight/today. I just took my allergy meds and uhh... I wanna sleep already ddddd. Forgive me, babes. ♡

11. You know there's non-drowsy stuff for allergies out there, right?

12. Slice of Life

It's more expensive and I'm poor af oppar. Send help.

13. PM if you have a question.

14. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

Yes. You will see that Bom gif more in the future.

You're welcome.

~MAIN CHART - SONGS~

[​IMG]

ZOO
    Red Velvet
    from the The Red Summer mini album
    SM Entertainment

17 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 3
    Peak Position: 3
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    11 - @SophiaSophia
    6 - @LA Hallucinations

We open our Main Chart with the song that made a record last edition. It's the highest ranking non-single ever, Red Velvet's Zoo!

LEGENDS ONLY.

I already told y'all I still listen to The Red Summer mini album every second of the day now and then. So I naturally still listen to this bop. It just never lets up. It always makes me wanna dance... which is a problem because I can't exactly dance on public, right?

So I just dance with my shoulder very strategically. Kii.

---

[​IMG]

CALL MY NAME
    CLC
    from the Free'sm mini album
    Cube Entertainment

17 POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 29
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    7 - @Serg.
    6 - @Kuhleezi
    4 - @Gintoki

@Serg. UNNIE, YOU DID IT!

The OG Kweens of Making Non-Singles Chart on KPJC are back at it again. And this is just their first non-single that charted. I love talent.

I gotta admit that this is my absolute album track off Free'sm. I mean, I love all the tracks (including Summer Kiss dddddd) but Call My Name just towers over the rest.

Oh, and this is another Monotree production. How do they do it every single time? Amazing.

I hope you're at least happy that the song charted here, Serg. cyst. Kekeke.

I JUST WANT CHOREO FOR THIS, wish this was their comeback but that it's just been pushed to a b-side that didn't even get to be performed, I'll never forgive them.

---

[​IMG]

I really tried, guys. Please don't @ me.

FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT
    Glen Check
    from the The Glen Check Experience mini album
    Soundholic Entertainment

19 POINTS

Peak Position: 28

Voters:
    8 - @Ceir
    7 - @ryan_riot92
    4 - @Cotton Park

K-Indiejustice strikes again.

DID Y'ALL VOTE STRATEGICALLY???

I'm going to investigate this... weird situation.

Anyway, Glen Check also charts on the Main Chart with their newest single, Follow the White Rabbit.

I admit I didn't really like this when I first heard it. The music video didn't help either ddddd. But listening to it again now, it's actually really nice. Not my cup of tea but I can listen to this and won't hit the Next button or something.

This is also kinda perfect for witchcraft nights with your fave evil hunties, right? Kii.

ryan_riot92 unnie want to let us know that he has a horror fetish.

This track seriously knocked my socks off when I first heard it in the K-Indie thread. The dark synth sounds mixed with the repetitive melody reminiscent of a horror flick just gives me chills!! That and the various forms of vocal warping is the icing on top of the cake!

Meanwhile, long-time Glen Checker (their made-up fandom name) Ceir unnie loves a transformation and character development. Me too, cyst.

This is a 180 from their typical alt-rock sound and I honestly love it. It's dark and brooding and I love it.

15. I might've done some k-indie lobbying. I ain't even gonna lie.

16. You didn't put the voters in the post tho....

17. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

LET ME LIVE OH MY GOD.

It's there now.

18. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

THE REAL
    N.Flying
    from the The Real mini album
    FNC Entertainment

20 POINTS

Peak Position: 27

Voters:
    10 - @karmarisma
    8 - @Vesperly
    2 - @Sanctuary

Another band that is not DAY6 tries to gain some new fans on K-Popjustice. Enter N.Flying!

N.Flying is another boy 'band' - like, playing instruments band - from FNC Entertainment. After the success of CNBlue and FT Island, it's not unusual that FNC debuted another band.

Still, a part of me thinks 3 bands on an idol agency is kinda... one trick pony. Kekeke.

But I can't fault them. If it ain't broke, then break it don't fix it, amirite?

But enough about that. Let's talk about this ACTUALLY AMAZING song and music video combo.

Firstable, the song is a bawperoo which is always appreciated by yours truly. Secondable, I like that this doesn't sound like the music released by CNBlue and FT Island sunbae-nims. It's so easy to market these boys as just another group of sensitive, cold and chic flower boys just like their seniors. But N.Flying are actually comedic and childish. The main vocalist guy (the one who also raps) reeks of superstardom and I hope he hits it big just like Lee Hongki. And yeah, that CNBlue member too, I guess.

karmarisma is seriously the only one repping for the boy groups (because @Monkey0 unnie is a flop that doesn't vote in KPJC anymore) so I'm glad one of her faves actually made it to the main chart. Congrats, babe!

This is some of the best pop rock that's been released in a while. FTIsland and CNBLUE Sunbae-nims are shaking.

---

[​IMG]

SUMMER STORM
    Jessica
    from the My Decade mini album
    Coridel Entertainment

20 POINTS

Peak Position: 26

Voters:
    11 - @Vesperly
    7 - @send photo
    2 - @Overdose

Miss Jung also found her onto the Main Chart for songs. Congrats, sis.

Summer Storm is the single off Jessica's third mini album, the interestingly titled My Decade. I see you, cyst. I see through you.

There's nothing much I can say about the song except it's not for me. I mean, it's not bad. It actually sounds good when I'm not really paying attention to it. I just really expect something of higher quality from my favourite shade factory. I like the vibe of the song. But the production? And the quality of the vocals??? Was this recorded with a dollar-store microphone??? Where is the budget???

The music video thankfully kinda dilutes the blandness of the song. Jessica and her boyfriend looks cute af and sometimes, that's just what I want from a music video.

I sincerely hope Jessica will soon release a single/album/whatever that is in congruence with her level of talent. I'm still rooting for you, unnie.

Overdose unnie nails it.

Great stares. Beautiful stares.

---

[​IMG]

ENERGETIC
    Wanna One
    from the 1x1=1 (To Be One) mini album
    YMC Entertainment

21 POINTS

Peak Position: 25

Voters:
    11 - @karmarisma
    3 - @mokimbird, @Overdose
    2 - @SophiaSophia
    1 - @PopZeitgeist, @ThighHighs

Wait, I'm not sure if I should be happy or angry at this placement.

Lemme think for a second. Lemme introduce the song first.

Energetic is the main debut single of The Nation's Temporary Boy Group, Wanna One. Wanna One are the 11 chosen trainees by the Korean public after participating in the Hunger Games of the K-Pop industry, Produce 101 Season 2. The song is written by Hui, a member of Pentagon who also composed one of the more popular songs on the show, Never. GET MONEY, BABE!

And wow, I actually really dig this. In fact, I think I'm obsessed with it??? Like, every once in a while, I'll randomly shout "I'M FEELING SO ENERZZZETIC." Dddddd a mess, etc. I also really love the fact that Wanna One looks and sounds like a real group. No shade to I.O.I because they're dead and it's bad to talk ill about the dearly departed. But I always found I.O.I to be very... not cohesive. The girls were talented and pretty, sure, but they always seemed at war with each other (though not literally, of course). In Wanna One's case, there's a harmony that's really good to see. And it helps that there are A LOT of competent vocalists in Wanna One. Kim Jaehwan, my number 1.5 bias, leads the pack and Sungwoon is not far behind. Ong and Minhyun are also capable and so are The Others. The main rappers sound quite good too.

I'm actually shocked that this just ended at the 25th spot (and probably will be out of the charts next month) ddddd. I mean, even Nayana charted better than this. I honestly thought y'all would've voted in droves for the male I.O.I. I even made a song art for the other single, Burn It Up featuring my babe Minhyun. But not one soul voted for that wretched single. SCREAM.

I have not watched Produce 101, sure, but I'm actually becoming a really big fan of Wanna One. I even downloaded the first two episodes of the group's reality show, Wanna One Go. My current faves are Minhyun, Jaehwan and Woojin. I can even tolerate Daehwi nowadays dddddd.

I hope y'all give these boys a chance. Because I did and I have no regrets.

karmarisma unnie drops some pretty brave words.

This is the nation's boygroup.

Beware of EXO-Ls and Army, cyst.

mokimbird is already looking forward to the next comeback.

I like this! Pleasant and not too out-of-left-field. I do hope they release more...ambitious songs in the future, though.

And then we have the One Seungwoo worshipers. First up is ThighHighs.

This is such an anthem! Ong Seungwoo is only one of the most beautiful men in the world, and the rest of them are fine, too. I only got halfway through the season, but Wanna One's output has been generally amazing.

And Overdose is probably too lost for words.

Ong Seong Wu.

#NEVERFORGET

@Mikl C on Ong Seungwoo:

19. I have too many feelings about this...my top 2 songs for the month are already gone.
    At first, I was happy that I could force N.Flying into the charts.

But then Wanna One bonked at #25 with such a solid debut. Where is the justice? (Also @Slice of Life, I think it's safe to say that Wannables have snatched EXO and BTS' throne for the most problematic fandom in existence so it's only a matter of time.)

Also @ThighHighs @Overdose, unnies I am here for whenever you need to celebrate Ong Seungwoo's existance

Overdose and Slice of Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.