K-Popjustice Charts - August 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - August 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Aug 20, 2017.

1. He

He

I will definitely vote Energetic next month.

When Ong Seungwoo starts the first chorus, its a moment.

Ceir, Slice of Life and karmarisma like this.
  2. Just heard that N.Flying song for the first time and the video is amazing and Seunghyub is beautiful.

3. N.Flying had a performance actually featuring Moonbok. Gotta stan for my poor gay son.

karmarisma and Slice of Life like this.
  4. I've still not finished watching P101 Boyz after struggling to get past the hours of them teasing Daihwi's obvious-we-all-knew-it center role in Pick Me so I've avoided Wanna.One (& any stanning) like the bubonic plague since they debuted.

I still don't know who actually made it to the 11 except Sungwoo and not Samuel (because I didn't read the full comms here or enter the specific thread again after the first two episodes) and I have no idea how energetic or the other one sounds. I'll get round to it eventually...

Slice of Life likes this.
  5. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

[​IMG]

WHAT CAN I DO
    DAY6
    from the Every DAY6 August single album
    JYP Entertainment (Studio J)

26 POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 24
    Months on Chart: 1

TRUE STANS:
    10 - @Deja-Boo
    9 - @send photo
    7 - @Slice of Life

THE DECAY6

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY

DOWOON DOES NOT DESERVE THIS DISRESPECT, Y'ALL!

Okay, lemme simmer down my anger a tad and talk about the song.

What Can I Do is the eight (!!!!!!!) single of DAY6 for 2017 and I must admit, it is my least favourite single of them yet. It's sadder because they released this on August, my birth month.

I DESERVED A YOU WERE BEAUTIFUL.

I DESERVED AN I SMILE.

Still, I really like this. I love the playfulness of the song. The boys' vocals once again soar and prove that they are the best vocalists of JYP Entertainment. 15& who???

BUT LET'S ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

THE MUSIC VIDEO

Or more specifically, the Wonpil-Sungjin love story dddddddddd.

Wonpil, babe, I'm so, so sorry that Sungjin won't look at you the way you look at him. Just admire him afar and support him when he needs you.

#ProtectWonpilSquad

---

[​IMG]

RUDE
    Yeseo
    from the Million Things mini album
    self-produced

27 POINTS

Peak Position: 23

Voters:
    11 - @Ceir
    10 - @Squashua
    6 - @D is for Danger!

And the highest ranking indie song of this edition is Yeseo's Rude. Are we ready to call her K-Popjustice Favourite Indie Chanteuse?

Well, after hearing this song for the first time, I am ready.

TAKE MY WIG, CYST.

THIS IS SO GOOD, OH MY GOD.

WHY ISN'T THIS THE SINGLE WTF.

This is the song that should launch her to fame... or at least respectable relevance. It's current and trendy but not cheap and stale. It bops but doesn't sound basic. It's literally perfect. Let's tweet Pitchfork about this song, unnies!

With just a little tweak in the vocals and effects, I can actually see this as Taeyeon's next single... assuming she wants to release something as perfect as Why. THIS IS SO GOOD, HJALP.

All three comments mentioned a specific lyric. First up is D is for Danger!

Treat me rude!

Your wish is my command! *smacks you with a brick*

Squashua unnie is also shaking at this perfection.

Now this month has somewhat acted like my full initiation into the K-Indie ranks and somehow, whilst I stood around being disappointed by Hola Hola and the trop-bops being run into the ground, this little slice of pure underground pop heaven burst through the bland and showered forth the sexy rainbow heavens. High quality boppery? Check. Catchy, kink-ready lyrical content? Check. The overwhelming usage of twinkly synths, backing yelps as sonic punctuation and fingersnaps like all my Christmases came at once? TREAT ME RUDE YESEO <333

And Ceir namedrops a different Taeyeon song.

TREAT. ME. RUDE.
    It's like Cover Up's older sister. This late night summer vibe, and a the weirdly coy delivery of desperate lyrics, asking someone to basically treat you like hell if that the only way the can love you. It's a glorious package of a song.

6. O M G

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I 'only' gave this 7 points because I thought there's no way it could chart,
    but @Kuhleezi & @Gintoki came through, with the TASTE

Gintoki, Slice of Life and Kuhleezi like this.
  7. Slice of Life

Two things.

1. I just survived a 12 hour interview. I mean, 11.5 hours of waiting for the interview and 0.5 for the actual interview. AND THIS UNNIE IS SO EXHAUSTED.
    2. I left my laptop at the office because I'm a Dangerous Woman. So even if I wanted to, I really can't post any result today.
    And that's sincerely Slicey.

Also hey @Reboot unnie! I see you're back in town again. Pay us a visit next time. xoxo

8. Slice of Life

Doing random Instagram Lives. Legends only.

AND THANK YOU. LOVE LOVE.

Deja-Boo, Squashua and send photo like this.
  9. Slice of Life

MY LAPTOP IS ALIVE. I'M SO SLEEPY BECAUSE OF ALLERGY MEDS BUT I WILL PUSH THROUGH. YATH COME ON SELF DETERMINATION!!!

[​IMG]

KO KO BOP
    EXO
    from the The War album
    SM Entertainment

27 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 5
    Peak Position: 5
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    10 - @Serg.
    8 - @karmarisma
    6 - @Aries
    2 - @eccentricsimply
    1 - @Salami

The Ko Ko Bop Protection Squad rallied to keep this song alive in the chart. But where is the one true Ko Ko Bop stan @Ceir unnie? Oh, he's being a flop again. Kekeke.

Ko Ko Bop is EXO's single off their million-selling (for the fourth time, I believe) album, The War. I may or may have not warmed up to this a bit more. Kii. I mean, I basically just know the "shimmy shimmy ko ko bop, I think I like it" line but at least it stays on my mind.

EXO just came back with another single that was clearly stolen from NCT Dream's rich stash of bops so I'm expecting y'all to cream over that next edition.

Male Groups Apologist karmarisma unnie loves puns.

Still being a Ko Ko BOP

And EXO hunty Serg. continues stanning. Bless.

The amount of times I've started singing 'shimmy shimmy ko ko bop' this month is off the charts, there's not one part of the song I don't like, that reggae/electro crossover sound is something I want more from those 3 new tracks on repackage

---

[​IMG]

CAN'T STOP
    DIA
    from the Love Generation mini album
    MBK Entertainment

28 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 21
    Peak Position: 21

Voters:
    9 - @mokimbird, @junglefish
    7 - @D is for Danger!
    2 - @LightningRider
    1 - @Alouder98

I don't know what else to say except this is probably DIA's best single to date.

Actually, no. Delete 'probably.' This is easily their best single to date.

Can't Stop is so good, y'all. This is peak GFriend. It may not have the signature beautiful Yuju wailings but the song didn't need any of that. That chorus is the hymn that angels play when you enter heaven.

If only I discovered this earlier, this would easily get 5 points from me. But because DIA never really was a fave of mine (my Chaeyeon obsession notwithstanding), I blocked this out of my mind.

Thank you all for voting for this. This deserves a higher placement but I'm just happy it still impacted our charts.

D is for Danger! oppar, are you not Kim Kwang Soo?

A Beige meets Gfriend but a million times better because it was released by an MBK group and I'm a blind stan.

And mokimbird comes for DIA's gig as the Cosplayers Of Our Generation. SCREAM.

DIA gets better and better with each girl group cosplay convention they attend! This time they ape Gfriend/Apink's squeaky-clean sound and amp it up with guitars and a really good chorus. Would be higher if only the good sis Ki Cathy Heehyun had more lines.

10. Can't Stop deserved so much better. What a mess.

11. He

He

I haven't gotten into this DIA track; their previous one was magic though.
    I will try harder.

Kokobop is awful.

Squashua and Slice of Life like this.
  12. I thought that Lo ok was the best track on the new DIA album so I'm lowkey hoping that it's sitting higher on the charts.

Eating Coco Pops while listening to Ko Ko Bop while my other faves go go flop.

13. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Sis, do you even know me? I'm giving that shit my 10 probably.

14. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

ISLAND
    WINNER
    from the Our Twenty For single album
    YG Entertainment

28 POINTS

Peak Position: 20

Voters:
    10 - @Sanctuary
    7 - @junglefish
    6 - @Slice of Life
    4 - @Aries
    1 - @BEST FICTION

Let me start this post by extending my heartfelt apology to Love Me Love Me and its lone stan, @Sanctuary unnie. I think I may have sabotaged that song's chances of charting because of that post I made promoting Island. Dddddddd I'm truly sorry.

Yes, unnies. Love Me Love Me didn't even bubble under. Just like @ryan_riot92's fave, Momoland's Freeze, Love Me Love Me just didn't get enough support to land on our chart. Poor its.

Anyway, back to Island. Oh, hey there @Island!

Island is one of the two singles off WINNER's second single album of 2017. It's sadly the less successful one - talking charts-wise here. I mean, Love Me Love Me didn't achieve Really Really levels of popularity but at least it was still a certified top 5 hit.

Island, to me, is the sequel to The Wanted's only hit song, Glad You Came but of course, with better vocals, visuals, better everything. The instrumental-heavy chorus works here because that Jinwoo-Seungyoon pre-chorus is so, so good. The rap parts are also very, very good but that's expected. I think Jinwoo's rougher vocals really works here and I pray to Shaman Unnie he uses this vocal technique more. It gives his voice a much needed personality and identity.

I would've like to hear a hint of reggae here. YG Entertainment's reggae renditions are always a favourite of mine (except 2NE1's Falling In Love, you stay out of this, cyst!) and I think it would've worked so well here.

But other than that, everything else is pitch perfect. The music video is iconic. The boys are looking fire. The song bops. TALENT WON.

---

[​IMG]

YATH MY MAGNUM OPUS

I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND
    (I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRL, WHUH?)

Weki Meki AKA The Girl Group of Our Generation
    from the WEME mini album
    Fantagio Entertainment

28 POINTS

Peak Position: 19

Voters:
    7 - @PopZeitgeist, @ohnostalgia (DDD KWEEN OF POP)
    5 - @Slice of Life
    4 - @LightningRider
    3 - @BEST FICTION
    1 - @He, @ryan_riot92

YATH HELLO PENUS DIED FOR THIS MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean, I know this is trash...

But do I bop every single time?

Do I lip synch like my life depended on it?

Do I hate Doyeon for being such a stunner at a very young age?

Do I wanna part Forehead Girl's bangs just to see that iconic forehead again?

Do I love this with all of my trash-loving heart?

ABSOLUTELY YES.

I didn't expect to love this song (and Weki Meki) this much. I tried resisting but: (1) The WEME mini album genuinely bops; (2) I Don't Like Your Girlfriend is truly life-altering; (3) Weki Meki's dancing skills are insane and will most definitely be noticed by the GRAMAMA Awards Nomination Committee; (4) I love that even though Doyeon and Yoojung rightfully takes much of the screentime, the other girls are showcased far better than, say, DIA or gugudan; and (5) Have you seen Doyeon's album signing event photos??? She's a star!

Waikiki Weki Meki did that!

Suddenly the ryan_riot92 unnie is me. HOLD ME, UNNIE.

I don’t like yur gurr what? It's so all over the place! This is kind of trash but I can’t help but bop to it every time it comes on…

Are you still reluctantly bopping or you now unashamedly bopping, LightningRider?

I keep reluctantly bopping. HELP ME.

And ohnostalgia didn't leave an ~official~ commentary but I snatched a comment from our private chat. Kekekeke. YATH STAN QUESTIONABLE MUSIC, CYST.

Why would people hate the I don't like your girlfriend song

YOU TELL EM.

---

[​IMG]

HOLA HOLA
    K.A.R.D (or KARD whatever)
    from the Hola Hola mini album
    DSP Entertainment

29 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 2
    Peak Position: 2
    Months on Chart: 2

Oh wow. The decay.

Hola Hola, last edition's runner up song, quietly slipped fast from the Top 10... and barely snatched a top 20 placement. IS THE K.A.R.D-K-Popjustice honeymoon period over? Where do we go from here?

I genuinely love this song now. I think the live performances really sealed the deal. My boo @send photo told me that when he watched K.A.R.D during their North American tour, Jiwoo and J.Seph were clearly nervous unlike Somin and BM. But after watching Hola Hola performances, I genuinely think both J.Seph and Jiwoo are now confident performers. I especially love seeing J.Seph smile like a pabo during the performances. What a cutie pie. He looks high.

Overdose and I are on the same page. TWINS!

I can't even begin to describe how much this has grown on me, The dance is so infectious, KARD get me every single time!

15. Y'all did Winner & Weki so wrong.

I would've voted for both Winner songs, but Island just bests Love Me Love Me. But honestly, Really Really, Fool, Island & Love Me Love Me are amazing.

16. PHEW! I really thought the Weki Meki mafia will push this into top 10 or something.

17. Slice of Life

I was gonna reveal another set of results but I just realized that I'm gonna be eliminating a MAJOR FAVE of mine so lemme do that tomorrow. Kekeke. Bye.

PLEASE BE MESSIER.

ohnostalgia, He, ryan_riot92 and 6 others like this.
  18. Well... at least Weki Meki charted low.

19. Slice of Life

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.