K-Popjustice Charts | August 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts | August 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Aug 18, 2019.

1. This day has been a lot so that's the only result I could post tonight. Sorry unnies. I'll make it up to y'all tomorrow. Goodnight and stan Juyeon! ♡♡♡

2. 14

[​IMG]

FANTASY
    Pink Fantasy
    from the Fantasy single album
    Mydoll Entertainment

57 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 14
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    10 - @Gintoki
    8 - @OspreyQueen, @vague
    6 - @Squashua, @Empty Shoebox
    5 - @savilizabeths
    4 - @junglefish, @eliminathan, @Vixen
    2 - @Slice of Life

Discount Dreamcatcher... is still kinda iconique??? We welcome the lovely ladies of Pink Fantasy to our charts with their second single, Fantasy. The girls' debut single, Iriwa, didn't chart despite it being a whole bop. Poor it.

First, let's address the elephant in the room. Or should I say the rabbit in the room? Kii. Pink Fantasy have a hidden member named Daewang. She's the one with the creepy rabbit headpiece. Apparently, she's only gonna reveal her face once Pink Fantasy gets their first win. Good luck winning that trophy you speak of.

But Pink Fantasy are definitely not defined by Daewang's existence. As I've said above, the girls debuted with Iriwa which was actually a great debut single. And now they are back with Fantasy, another great single. I think slay.

I want to say Fantasy was inspired by Dreamcatcher's music but I'm not even sure if Dreamcatcher are that impactful ddddd. It's not like Dreamcatcher aren't struggling sales-wise too. But really, Fantasy sounds like a Dreamcatcher song and that is a win in itself. It's very dark and very anime opening music. And just like Dreamcatcher, Pink Fantasy's vocals are commendable too.

The music video is budget Dreamcatcher too but there are some good scenes thrown in there admittedly. The girls are very stable during their live performances too. I think they sing live which is a slay because not everyone is capable of doing that, just putting that out there.

But I think I agree with @eliminathan that they really need to drop this Bunny Head Concept or whatever. When I watch their live performances, I can't help but just look exclusively at Daewang. She just sticks out weirdly (even though she's a really good dancer) and that makes me want to look at her more dddddd. While I commend them for somehow bringing a unique concept to the table, I think it's gonna be a liability in the long run. I mean, I don't think any group wants to be known as The Group with That Creepy Bunny Member. No ma'am.

savilizabeths: Serving Dreamcatcher teas. Iconic! Seeing as I love the rock sound of the aforementioned group, I adore this. Maybe I should have given it more points. The chorus is great. I hope they keep putting out music this good because my attention has been grabbed.

eliminathan: I really hope they drop that dumb rabbit head schtick REAL fast. I really liked Iriwa and Fantasy is also great. It's like a Dreamcatcher-lite song but with two main vocals instead of Siyeon carrying.

Sanctuary, Rem, Wills and 20 others like this.
  3. 13

[​IMG]

BIM BAM BUM
    Rocket Punch
    from the Pink Punch mini album
    Woollim Entertainment

60 points

Peak Position: 13

Voters:
    9 - @Squashua, @vague
    6 - @junglefish, @Vixen
    5 - @Coming Century, @Empty Shoebox, @Island
    4 - @Hurricane Drunk
    3 - @PopZeitgeist, @Cotton Park, @savilizabeths
    1 - @FunkyButChic, @Kuhleezi

Time for everyone to feel old again, as it's the group with an average member age of seventeen and a half. It's Rocket Punch.

So after Slicey talked about their début album, I'm here to talk about their début single - Bim Bam Boom (that's not the official romanisation, but it's how they pronounce it. There will be no talk of bums here because actual children).

Anyway, given that the group are as young as they are, Woollim decided to go down the 'cute bop' route for their first single.

Compare that to Cherry Bullet who managed #6 in January, or don't because there's no point playing them off against each other.

Anyway, I have professed my love to cute bops multiple times, but I can't really bring myself to love this. It's competent, but like any début single, it's difficult to judge based on that. I do want to see more from them though, and see if they can develop their own place and sound.

Let's talk about the video then. I'm going to criticise it. If you like the video, skip to the next paragraph break. There's too much going on and it reeks of a director who just didn't ever want to say no. 'Shall we have some sort of a shooting scene?' 'yes' 'Shall we have a CGI leopard?' 'yes' 'Anna Bergendahl's Plantagen exhibit? 'yes'. None of these ideas are developed enough and it leaves the video being less memorable. Plus, there aren't enough scenes with the sequined T-shirt dresses. Okay. Rant over.

savilizabeths: YES! I have very little to say other than YES!

This stage performance seems to have the backing track at the lowest level.

What does it say on the rest of yunkyung's dress? Answers on a postcard to the usual address.

Seeing as I gave you a mashup for my last writeup, here's a remix instead.

Not the best remix ever created, but NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE THE TWELVE INCH VERSION OF TOGETHER IN ELECTRIC DREAMS CAN IT

Sanctuary, Rem, Wills and 19 others like this.
  4. 12

[​IMG]

ICY
    ITZY
    from the IT'z ICY mini album
    JYP Entertainment

63 points

Last Month's Position: 1
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    11 - @Artemisia
    10 - @Dangerous Maknae
    9 - @evilsin, @Kuhleezi
    5 - @He, @OspreyQueen, @Hurricane Drunk, @enjoy v2.0
    2 - @Love Deluxe
    1 - @BEST FICTION, @Island

Last month's number one, ITZY's Icy, is also this month's highest charting older song. Talent!

I think I've officially fallen in love with the song. I mean, I already liked it before but the live performances truly sealed the deal. They even did a part-switch version! I'll link a compilation of those performances below.

I've read somewhere that we'll be getting another ITZY comeback in December so let's be perched for that, unnies!

Sanctuary, Rem, Wills and 21 others like this.
  5. And the highest charting male song this month is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HIT
    Seventeen
    from the Hit single album
    Pledis Entertainment

66 points

Peak Position: 11

Voters:
    11 - @Coming Century, @ThighHighs
    9 - @Slice of Life, @BEST FICTION
    8 - @ryjm, @Squashua
    6 - @eliminathan
    2 - @ysev, @OspreyQueen

"WE SO HOT.
    SUPER HOT.
    YEAH WE SO HOT."

- Seventeen, 2019

Seventeen are back with an absolute monster of a song, Hit! I wanna say this was almost hit top 10 but that would be a lie dddd. Instead, I'm just gonna say I'm so happy this is the highest ranking male song this month. It's the little things.

Hit is actually just a pre-release single but they promoted it briefly. The full album, Ode to You, and actual single, Fear, will be released this September and I can't wait for it! It's gonna be iconique, I can feel it in my intestines.

But despite just being a pre-release single, Hit is good enough as an actual single. It's so good y'all. When Seventeen's previous single, the relatively tame Home, become their most successful yet, I was kinda sad because I thought they were gonna go that route for their next releases. Thankfully Hit is not a snooze. Hit is Seventeen's most energetic song yet. And I love that it's a new sound for them as well. Kings of development!

And the live performances!!! We been knew Seventeen are beasts on the dancefloor for years now but I still get shocked whenever I watch their stages. The synchronicity, the difficulty of the choreography, the finesse, the confidence! When will your faves tbh.

But let's be superficial for a moment and talk about their flawless visuals. I mean, they are really aging like fine wine. The cuties of Mansae are now certified oppas. I can't. It's not even just the usual suspects like Mingyu, Wonwoo, or DK. My son Dino is looking mighty fine these days too.

I'm so happy to stan such an amazing group. Kings!

ryjm: WHY IS THIS JUST A STANDALONE SINGLE, WHERE IS THE MINI!? This is an ultra-mega-uber bop and I am mad that this was not a full-on comeback. The production is totally manic and I live for it! Just the type of hype song I needed right now. (SOL: We're getting a full album in a few days, unnie!)

ysev: I haven't listened to the song but people wanted it to chart and it was a bit of weak month for me, so here you go. Happy belated birthday Slicé xoxo (SOL: JSDKJDS THANKS BABE!)

ThighHighs: It's messy as fuck and it goes in a billion different direction, but this shit slaps. I do miss the great vocals I know they can pull off, but in their absence the boys are fucking SERVING the choreo. The bit at the end of the song where they all chant together before the beat drops back in is fucking perfect! Long live the king's! Also, my fucklist for this comeback is as follows: Dino, Mingyu, Wonwoo, S.Coups, Vernon, DK (where was your screentime boo?), Hoshi. (SOL: Someone's about to steal my Maknae Stan throne. Oop.)

eliminathan: I mean it's not going to dethrone "Thanks" as best Seventeen comeback but the chorus absolutely goes off, and Mingyu's whole TIT being out as well as Wonwoo's mug. Whew. I honestly can't even comment on how good Dokyeom probably looked because he barely appears in the video??

Sanctuary, Rem, Wills and 19 others like this.
  6. Tiffany Young, A KPJC top 10 artist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rem, Island, BEST FICTION and 14 others like this.
  7. On to the top 10 we go~~~

[​IMG]

EYES LOCKED, HANDS LOCKED
    Red Velvet
    from the The ReVe Festival Day 2 mini album
    SM Entertainment

81 points

Peak Position: 10

Voters:
    11 - @Cotton Park
    10 - @Love Deluxe, @ysev, @Kuhleezi
    9 - @SloMover, @nikkysan
    6 - @PopZeitgeist
    3 - @eccentricsimply, @RUNAWAY, @Vixen, @enjoy v2.0
    2 - @ryjm, @Rem

The highest charting album track this month belongs to, of course, Red Velvet. This is the final track of their The ReVe Festival Day 2 mini album, the stunning Eyes Locked, Hands Locked. The track was written and produced by K-Indie wunderkind Sumin.

If you thought Red Velvet's vocals and harmonies peaked during the Perfect Velvet era (with songs like Kingdom Come, Perfect 10 and I Just, among others), then you're wrong. Red Velvet once again upped the ante with the absolutely gorgeous Eyes Locked, Hands Locked. What kind of perfection??? I'm shaken to my core.

Eyes Locked, Hands Locked is one of the barest Red Velvet songs production-wise. This is a perfect canvas for the girls to truly showcase their vocal prowess that seem to improve with every release. Wendy and Seulgi predictably take lead and snatch a few wigs along the way. But it is Joy who really captured my attention and I'm not just saying that because she's my bias. I've always loved her ""unique"" vocals and I'm glad she's given so much heavy lines for a lot of Red Velvet albums now. And I think those experiences really helped her vocals improve tenfold. And in Eyes Locked, Hands Locked, she truly took flight... and never looked back. Kween!

Even non-vocalists Yeri and Irene somehow sound lovelier on this song too??? Of course, they have to take the backseat on a song as vocally challenging as this but even with their limited lines, they still make quite a good impression.

My only hope is that perform this live preferably on a show like Yoo Heeyeol's Sketchbook. I'll take a live radio performance at this point to be honest. I just need to hear them kill this live and kill me on the process dddddd. Shoot me, I deserve it.

Cotton Park: This track perfectly captures essence of what makes Red Velvet so special to me: their vocal kaleidoscope. The music pros in the SM song camp basements and the members themselves must spend hours and hours perfecting the harmonies and priceless subtleties that accompany every Red Velvet track. They're never going to have the universal adoration and gleam that SNSD has or the swagger and charisma of f(x) but their attention to the little vocal details is beyond almost any female vocal group I can think of. Each member contributes their best elements their distinctive voice, whatever those happen to be, providing their vocal mix a texture that is far beyond only a few groups. Can considering how much more prolific they are than most of the more popular groups, I can only imagine the work that goes into being Red Velvet. In this track, they collaborate with one of the most underrated musicians in the K-Indie world, Sumin, who you can also hear contributing her unique tone to the background vocals. Sumin provides the Velvets with beautifully paced, quiet march, hypnotic and smooth, and layered with some of the most dynamic and spectacular vocals I've ever heard from all five, but Joy in particular.

ryjm: SUMIN is an almighty goddess and we do not deserve to witness her talentry. I would like an entire album of Red Velvet songs written/produced exclusively by SUMIN. Can you imagine the sheer level of excellence we would get? This has quickly become one of my favourite Red Velvet tracks ever (sat comfortably alongside Look). While I absolutely adore the batshit crazy side of Red Velvet, I genuinely love it when they showcase their softer side like this. The production is utter bliss and those vocals are heavenly.

ysev: Lush, silky, sensual. Red Velvet at their best!

Sanctuary, Rem, Wills and 23 others like this.
  8. Thanks to MY active promotion on the sub, you fake fan xoxo

Rem, Island, BEST FICTION and 11 others like this.
  9. If I voted 5 days later this would’ve been a 9, obsessed with this right now.

10. Did anything I voted for chart? Besides the free song slot I gave to @Slice of Life?

Sanctuary, vague, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  11. Making it to the top 10 with a release from last month, the talent jumped out.

[​IMG]

HAPPY NOW
    HA:TFELT (feat. Moonbyul of Mamamoo)
    from the Happy Now single album
    Amoeba Culture

87 points

Peak Position: 9

Voters:
    10 - @eliminathan
    9 - @eccentricsimply, @Oleander, @Sanctuary
    8 - @BEST FICTION
    7 - @He, @Island, @enjoy v2.0
    6 - @SloMover
    5 - @Love Deluxe, @RUNAWAY
    3 - @Slice of Life
    2 - @Kuhleezi

HA:TFELT is back with her single Happy Now, more than a year after her last release Pluhmm. Happy Now follows the singing style Yeeun adopted for Pluhmm, very airy and mostly using head voice, except she dialed it to 11 this time around. The song features a rap from Mamamoo's Moonbyul and....it's fine. The rest of the song is brilliant, I still prefer her lower register that she used in songs like Ain't Nobody and Cross Country but she's such a talented singer that she sounds good in every octave.

The song is about someone who previously used to agonize over their relationship ending, but then realised that they're stronger than that and matured. Yeeun and Moonbyul ask their hypothetical ex if they're happy with the life that they currently lead, where they get in everyone's DMs just to hook up and add a name to their list. I had heard that because she swears in the song they were going to change some parts of the song but I guess that never happened because we still have the swear and the half-length video ddd.

HA:TFELT's entire discography is gorgeous but she has so few songs to her name. Since Wonder Girls' disbandment, she has come out with three singles. The first two (Meine and Deine) had two songs each and now Happy Now is a stand alone single. She has more songs on her debut album than she has in the entire culmination of her post-JYP era so far. Like @Slice of Life said, where is the album, we need the damn album.

eliminathan: Y'all better have voted for this since nobody did in July I swear to god.(LMN: Tea, sis. You spilled, the house!)

Slice of Life: AT LEAST GIVE US AN ALBUM SIS WTF

Rem, Wills, vague and 21 others like this.
  12. Any other month this would have been my 11 but there were so many iconic female solos in August and I had already assumed she wouldn't go as far as the other more popular acts so being 9th place is really a surprise we did that. Now let's get #Hayoung1stWin.

Or not.

[​IMG]

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH
    Oh Hayoung
    from the Oh! mini album
    Plan A Entertainment

103 points

Peak Position: 8

Voters:
    11 - @Serg., @junglefish, @eliminathan
    10 - @BEST FICTION
    8 - @Love Deluxe, @codecat, @Gintoki
    7 - @savilizabeths, @Oleander, @vague, @GeiPanda
    6 - @FunkyButChic
    2 - @Vixen

Apink's Oh Hayoung makes her grand, and long overdue debut with the magnificent Don't Make Me Laugh. And it is the breezy, summery bop of the YEAR, nobody comes close. For some reason I get a hint of Beyoncé's Best Thing I Never Had during the intro section and the "ha ha ha ha" parts which might just be sound association because they're both queens.

The song is about the feelings of first falling in love, all the sappy, insipid metaphors included. As someone who is usually a happy song anti (love yourself a bit sis), the lyrical content is not the best. I understand all the feelings of being in love and it's cute but the most confusing part is the actual song title / main hook. If you read the lyrics it all is cohesive EXCEPT for the "Don't make me laugh". Why doesn't she want to laugh in this instance? Originally before I read the translation , the association I had with Beyoncé as well as the "Don't make me laugh" made me think it was a happy + spiteful breakup song like Best Thing I Never Had but when I ended up looking up the lyrics it was all about her actually being in love so I must be missing something ddd.

There's really no excuse for this bop to not be in the top 3, especially after @Serg.'s promo. As someone who avoids happy songs like the plague, this track is just too beautiful, instrumental, vocals, Hayoung, everything. It's so hard to hear it and dislike it so I'm just going to live blissfully ignorant and say that the BEASTS that didn't vote for it, have yet to actually hear it.

Did I talk more about Beyoncé in this write up than queen Hayoung? Maybe so.

FunkyButChic: This breezy bumpkin bop! Maybe if Taylor had done this for Lover… (LMN: KSDKSKS BUMPKIN? That's the word you're going to choose???)

savilizabeths: I didn't expect to love this as much as I did. It's so light and sweet. It feels breezy and captured my attention immediately despite being so soft and subtle. Definitely a highlight of the month. It just makes me feel so full of love and happiness. Which seems to be a theme of songs I'm loving right now...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Sanctuary, FunkyButChic, Rem and 23 others like this.
  13. I liked 'Don't Make Me Laugh' because it reminded of Jessica's solo stuff ddddd

vague, ysev, RUNAWAY and 7 others like this.
  14. What did Hayoung ever do to you do deserve this dragging sis??

Wills, vague, junglefish and 14 others like this.
  15. Ddddddd.

vague, eliminathan, ysev and 6 others like this.
  16. I honestly thought this would be at least a top 5 hit.

[​IMG]

ADIOS
    Everglow
    from the Hush single album
    Yuehua Entertainment

109 points

Peak Position: 7

Voters:
    11 - @Squashua, @Salami
    9 - @Serg., @savilizabeths, @Gintoki, @Hurricane Drunk
    8 - @PopZeitgeist, @Rem, @Sanctuary
    7 - @Kuhleezi
    4 - @ryjm, @Coming Century, @ThighHighs, @OspreyQueen
    2 - @Wills
    1 - @ysev, @Oleander

After a top 5 debut with Bon Bon Chocolat, Everglow failed to reach the top 5 with their second single, Adios. Are the K-Popjustice girls over them already? Oh wow.

Everglow are definitely one of the hottest rookie groups these days. With their explosive charisma and hard sound, it's not difficult to understand why people are betting on them. The girl crush market is still very lucrative and the Everglow ladies are proof of that. Gone are the days when a nugu group like G.I can't exist because 2NE1 and 4Minute already filled up the girl crush quota.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still not really loving Everglow's single releases. While I do know that these girls are serving confidence and charisma for days, both Bon Bon Chocolat and Adios just don't do it for me completely. It's missing that 1%, I think.

A common complaint against Bon Bon Chocolat is that it was plagued with unnecessary Autotune. Everglow and Yuehua Entertainment learned their lesson and wisely ditched the Autotune for Adios. And unlike most of y'all, I'm actually living for that instrumental-heavy chorus. It's such a moment. Instead, I'm not a big fan of the verses and I think the song only properly gets going when that iconique pre-chorus hits.

I've seen a lot of comparisons between Adios and BLACKPINK's equally divisive Kill This Love. I frankly don't hear much resemblance. And it's not like BLACKPINK invented that kind of chorus with Kill This Love. Of course as a Blink, I prefer Kill This Love only because the verses are better and Adios doesn't have Kill This Love's amazing outro.

I'm this close to stanning Everglow. I just need that one flaw-free single and I know I'm joining their cult. I've already chosen my bias and it's Onda.

ryjm: Adios is an almighty bop (despite the somewhat generic drop) and basically achieves what Kill This Love kinda failed to deliver. It is a notable step up from Bon Bon Chocolate – for one, you can actually distinguish each member’s vocals and they all sound great! While Kill This Love worked as a cocktease, Adios takes the blueprint, goes way harder and actually delivers on its promise. It’s such a simple trick, but the fake out pre-chorus whisper section makes the track feel incredibly epic. And let’s be real, with the state of YG we need someone to serve us BlackPink realness whilst they enjoy their extended holidays as YG falls apart.

ysev: 1 point for Sihyeon. 1 point for Aisha. The song? I hate it, thank you.

ThighHighs: it's literally Kill This Love. That's okay, though, because I LOVE Kill This Love. It's not as exciting for me as Bon Bon Chocolate, but it's still an impressive package.

savilizabeths: I know y'all think this is trash but I think y'all are trash. It's Kill This Love if Kill This Love was good. And that's that on that. (SOL: DDDD the BLACKPINK anti jumped out, unnie. Kii.)

17. 6

[​IMG]

BEEP BEEP
    Ruann
    from the Beep Beep single album
    Spotlight Entertainment

115 points

Peak Position: 6

Voters:
    11 - @codecat
    10 - @junglefish, @vague, @enjoy v2.0
    9 - @Empty Shoebox
    8 - @He, @evilsin, @Vixen
    7 - @Slice of Life, @RUNAWAY
    6 - @ryjm
    5 - @SloMover
    4 - @Gintoki
    3 - @FunkyButChic, @ThighHighs
    2 - @nikkysan, @savilizabeths
    1 - @Serg., @PopZeitgeist

So here's some advice folks. Support your faves. Otherwise misery guts here will end up doing your writeup for monthly charts, and we don't want that, do we?

Anyway, this is Ruann, but you probably knew that by now. Ruann is (according to her record company) sixteen years old. That page also suggests that she is a blink, so maybe that's why you all stan?

Anyway, 'Beep Beep' is Ruann's Korean Début, after a handful of releases in Japan. What to say about it? Should maybe mention that it is a bop. That is no doubt due to the involvement of Black Eyed Pilseung in both the writing and production. This pair just keep hitting boundaries, don't they? I think you might have to go back to Happy in 2017 to find a song that the unnies here don't like. I think my favourite part is the build in the prechorus, only for the single bar rest to start the chorus while the vocals carry on. I'm always a sucker for that sort of thing. If only it were syncopated, then I'd love it a little more.

Ruann herself seems to make a decent job of singing, dancing and even the rap verse. I'll let the experts decide whether any of that is accurate, but given that she is a teenager, I think that we can agree that she should be worth watching in the next few years. Of course, I'm contractually bound to complain. I didn't find any of the visuals in the video particularly memorable.

What I will talk a little more about is the choreography. This song's choreography comes courtesy of Lia Kim, of 1Million Dance Studio in Gangnam, who are my favourite dance studio right now. That probably means nothing to you, so I shall instead say TT, Gashina, Siren, Bon Bon Chocolat and I Feel You - all choreographed by Lia. She's also worked with Lee Hyori and BoA in the past. The only important person she's missing is of course, Sori, because she usually works with Choi Hyojin (Touch, I Am Not Alone), who just happens to be at the same studio. They have a YouTube channel. Go and watch it if you like dancing.

ryjm: Obscure Japanese Indie queen came for our scalps with this. Unnie did not have to snap so hard, for a (Korean) debut this is simply spectacular! Sis must have some budget because this is a deliciously smooth bop.

FunkyButChic: What kind of iconic debut. I literally walked into all my first days this semester going: hello this is RUAAAAAANN. The impact.

ThighHighs: This is a great little discovery. I really like this, but just haven't listened to it much.

savilizabeths: Definitely a bit of a bop. I'm an idiot and only listened to this the day I was voting, so I'll probably regret not ranking it higher down the line. "Hello this is Ruann" is iconic.

Slice of Life: KWEEN OF POP!!!

I don't think this got promoted on music shows, so here it is in Japanese:

Here's a choreography video:

18. A mammoth of a song.

vague, He, codecat and 4 others like this.
  19. Ruann should have made top 5. This bop affair has been done wrong.

vague, nikkysan, He and 5 others like this.

20. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But did it deserve to beat this?

[​IMG]

BUNGEE (FALL IN LOVE)
    Oh My Girl
    from the Summer Package (Fall in Love) repackage album
    WM Entertainment

117 points

Peak Position: 5

Voters:
    11 - @Empty Shoebox, @GeiPanda
    10 - @Squashua, @Hurricane Drunk
    8 - @Oleander
    7 - @SloMover, @FunkyButChic, @Salami
    6 - @Cotton Park, @ThighHighs, @savilizabeths, @Island, @enjoy v2.0
    4 - @Rem, @vague
    3 - @junglefish, @Kuhleezi
    1 - @Slice of Life, @He

So here are Oh My Girl, returning to continue the rich vein of form since Banana Allergy Monkey. This is one of two new songs on their repackage of The Fifth Season. The other, 'Tropical Love', is serviceable, but I don't think we will have too many arguments over what the single should have been.

The song is one of those traditional summertime releases, despite the lyrics nto explicitly saying so, cleverly meaning that it can be resused at any time of the year. I don't know about everyone else, but I definitely think that this was aimed at Sistar's traditional spot. Maybe I'm just thinking that because of the shots in the video next to the swimming pool.

That said, I still think that the song is distinctively Oh My Girl. I couldn't imagine anyone else singing it. To me, it's just an all round excellent song that I find myself singing along to. Even the chant parts (1, 2, me and you) are relatively sparse so they don't get on my nerves too much...yet. While I don't love it quite as much as Fifth Season, it was my favourite release from this month.

Cotton Park: As long as it keeps making YooAs and Binnies, the world is going to be just fine.

ThighHighs: What a breezy poppy bop! It doesn't have quite as much soul as some of their best. I love when they don't take themselves so seriously too.

savilizabeths: The chorus on this feels like happiness set to music. How could you not feel so bubbly and happy listening to this? It's not my absolute favourite Oh My Girl track (Liar Liar and Windy Day are right there!) but it's such an infectious bop that I can't help but adore it!

Sanctuary, Rem, Wills and 21 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.