K-Popjustice Charts ֍ August 2021 Edition ֍ Complete Results | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts ֍ August 2021 Edition ֍ Complete Results

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

ON & ON by Legend Hong Eunki still holding on!!!!!!!!! I know that’s right!
    [​IMG]

OspreyQueen, evilsin, vague and 11 others like this.
  2. Merciful king spending all year on a flop web-drama with no comebacks just to give the other boys a fighting chance.

[​IMG]

vague, Wills, FunkyButChic and 4 others like this.
  3. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

We can organise to vote for it in the December charts since nobody is going to release that month anyway

[​IMG]

Wills, eatyourself, Overdose and 9 others like this.
  4. Can’t help but feel that this chart is a preview on how the rate will play out ddd

Beautiful Beautiful is better than Atlantis

vague, Wills, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  5. I understand the concern, but don't worry.

This is what last year's would have looked like if I used this system (it also explains why my inital cutoff was around 40 points and I had to raise it so much ddd):

[​IMG]

FANTASIA (the first out) several places higher than Ghosting (the winner) ajdhsadfhsfdd

Blue Hour would have barely made it in the rate, Zombie was in the Top 3, songs that completely tanked in the rate were quite high in the monthly charts, etc. I'm sure there will be surprises, specially with the extra 23 submission songs!

OspreyQueen, vague, Attis and 7 others like this.
  6. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Thank you for remembering OHIO ddddd.

vague, Wills, ohnostalgia and 6 others like this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Me, when I relaunch the DPR Ian for December campaign.

vague, ohdenny, ysev and 4 others like this.
  8. No 'You Make Me' or 'CØDE'??

[​IMG]

9. Slice of Life

We're starting earlier tonight because I want to watch a K-drama fffffff

Anyway...

LET'S DO THIS

[​IMG]

SUMMER OR SUMMER
    Hyolyn & Dasom
    from the Summer or Summer single album
    VIVO Wave

140 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 5
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    10 - @codecat, @eliminathan, @Overdose
    9 - @vague, @He, @Deja-Boo
    8 - @aux, @Sanctuary
    7 - @chrisjche, @Cotton Park, @Crisp X
    6 - @Serg., @ohdenny, @SloMover
    5 - @Oleander
    4 - @Monkey0, @BEST FICTION, @GeiPanda, @Slice of Life
    2 - @RUNAWAY, @Island, @soratami
    1 - @askew

Sistar lives! Sistar, I mean, just Hyolyn & Dasom, whatever, are back to remind us that they are the OG Summer Kweens with their new single, Summer or Summer. They even reunited with Duble Sidekick aka the same producer who produced Sistar classiques like Loving U, I Swear, Shake It and Give It To Me. This reunion song is just... it makes me so happy for some reason??? Sistar were one of the first girl groups I really stanned and I guess it's just nice to be reminded of their greatness. I would've loved for Summer or Summer to be in the top 3 but meh, top 5 is nice too. Thank you for supporting talent! Now release a song with Soyou and Bora too!!!

Overdose: My queens saved summer once again! I wasn't sure how much I would love this as the SISTAR formula is hard to recreate without the signature styles of Bora and Soyou but I'm in love. The video is also such a joy and it's so touching to see my favourite girl group even half active and thriving.

He, Love Deluxe, OspreyQueen and 28 others like this.
  10. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

AFTER WE RIDE
    Brave Girls
    from the After 'We Ride' repackage mini album
    Brave Entertainment

165 points

Peak Position: 4

Voters:
    10 - @vague, @FunkyButChic, @Ana Raquel
    9 - @GeiPanda
    8 - @eatyourself, @Serg., @ryjm, @SloMover, @Oleander, @Empty Shoebox
    7 - @RUNAWAY, @Wills, @BeingNormal, @aux, @He
    6 - @KimLippington
    5 - @Crisp X, @Trinu 3.0
    4 - @Love Deluxe, @ohdenny
    3 - @chrisjche, @savilizabeths, @Cotton Park
    2 - @thommyh, @Glitterizer, @BEST FICTION, @Slice of Life
    1 - @Island, @OspreyQueen

Also surprisingly missing the top 3 is Brave Girls' latest single, the excellent After We Ride. I say surprisingly because I just genuinely thought it was a shoo-in for top 3 considering it got very positive reactions here on KPJ upon release. It definitely got more positive reactions compared to Chi Mat Ba Ram fffffff. After We Ride is definitely more instant than Chi Mat Ba Ram for me too but I really only got properly obsessed with it this past week or two. I am in love with the underlying sad vibe of the song. I haven't read the English translation of the lyrics yet so I'm not even sure if the song is really sad BUT it's just the vibe I'm getting and living for. I'm kinda sad Brave Girls didn't promote this on music shows because I do think it deserves some kind of promo. But I know the girls have been promoting nonstop for like most of 2021 already and they deserve the break. Slaying with a non-promoted track??? Only Brave Girls!

He, Love Deluxe, OspreyQueen and 32 others like this.
  11. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

DUMB DUMB
    Somi
    from the Dumb Dumb single album
    The Black Label

165 points

Peak Position: 3

Voters:
    10 - @Salami, @Monkey0, @Luck, @evilsin, @KimLippington
    8 - @Lately, @ohdenny, @Trinu 3.0
    7 - @eatyourself, @An Insider, @eliminathan
    6 - @aux, @soratami, @Vixen
    5 - @BEST FICTION, @clowezra, @Serg., @Island
    4 - @ultraviolet, @SloMover, @Oleander
    3 - @drod93, @He
    2 - @junglefish, @Love Deluxe, @Shockbox, @ohnostalgia
    1 - @thommyh, @eccentricsimply, @ryjm, @savilizabeths, @Crisp X, @Sanctuary

Somi earns first her KPJC top 3/5 hit with her latest single, Dumb Dumb! Dumb Dumb has also become her breakout song as a soloist on Korean charts. Congrats to the good sis! She has been through a lot (leaving JYP and then moving to YG/The Black Label of all places fffff) so she deserves this success so much! I'm... not the biggest fan of Somi but credit where credit is due: Dumb Dumb is definitely her best single yet. Hopefully she finally gets to release an album after this. It's what she deserves.

He, Love Deluxe, OspreyQueen and 32 others like this.
  12. Slice of Life

And as expected, we are down to...

Red Velvet's Queendom

and

Sunmi's You Can't Sit With Us

263 points vs. 265 points

36 voters vs. 35 voters

It was very, very close.

But ultimately, this song just had to settle for second place...

[​IMG]

QUEENDOM
    Red Velvet
    from the Queendom mini album
    SM Entertainment

263 points

Peak Position: 2

Voters:
    10 - @ysev, @clowezra, @ohdenny, @GeiPanda, @SloMover, @askew, @Oleander, @Slice of Life
    9 - @codecat, @eatyourself, @ultraviolet, @eccentricsimply, @nikkysan, @ryjm, @An Insider, @Trinu 3.0
    8 - @BeingNormal, @leedlelee..., @Cotton Park, @Shockbox
    7 - @junglefish, @drod93, @PopZeitgeist, @Love Deluxe, @Island
    6 - @Salami, @evilsin, @Deja-Boo
    5 - @RUNAWAY, @FunkyButChic
    4 - @boombazookajoe, @savilizabeths, @Music Is Death
    2 - @Vixen
    1 - @Glitterizer, @chrisjche

Just like in our album chart, Red Velvet also just missed on the top spot of our song chart. I'm... sad but not too much because this is still such an achievement so yath! Let's celebrate that!

Red Velvet are finally back after what felt like forever with their spanking new single, Queendom. And yes, there really was no competition for my 10 points because I truly listened to Queendom the most during August ffffff. I guess I just missed my girls so much. And it's genuinely great to have them back after such a long hiatus. Remember when they used to release at least two albums every year? God, we really took that time for granted.

Anyway, enough with the dramatics. I love Queendom so much, it's unreal. Maybe it's quite a safe comeback song for them but uh, I don't care because it's so fucking good fffffff. The vocals, the harmonies, the energy, the positive vibes... everything I love about Red Velvet is here. I especially love the final chorus where Wendy just lets it all loose. Yath, machine-gun me with your ad libs, sis! We have missed it so much!

With the overwhelming success of Queendom (both the song and the album), I hope it means that Red Velvet are back to releasing more frequently again. I don't think I'd survive another 1+ year hiatus from them again. Give me more Red Velvet juseyo!

He, Love Deluxe, OspreyQueen and 35 others like this.
  13. Slice of Life

And of course, our number 1 song for August 2021 is...

[​IMG]

YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US
    Sunmi
    from the 1/6 mini album
    Abyss Company

265 points

Peak Position: 1

Voters:
    10 - @thommyh, @PopZeitgeist, @cakeboy, @BEST FICTION, @ryjm, @aux, @Island, @Cotton Park, @Trinu 3.0, @He, @Music Is Death, @Sanctuary, @OspreyQueen
    9 - @Serg., @savilizabeths, @SloMover, @soratami, @Oleander, @eliminathan, @Overdose
    8 - @Luck, @GeiPanda
    7 - @clowezra, @ohnostalgia
    6 - @Lately, @Love Deluxe, @Shockbox
    5 - @ohdenny, @BeingNormal
    4 - @junglefish, @FunkyButChic
    3 - @Slice of Life
    1 - @codecat, @boombazookajoe, @Wills

Gashina
    Heroine
    Siren
    Noir
    Lalalay
    pporappippam
    Tail

and now, You Can't Sit With Us.

That's seven (7) KPJC number 1 songs now. No one's touching Sunmi. No one.

The Kween of Pop is back with her second single of the year, You Can't Sit With Us. This time she ditched Miss Frants and worked with Melanie Fontana, Michel Schulz and Ross Golan instead. And the results are stunning as per usual. Sunmi proves with You Can't Sit With Us that she's the most consistent pop girl - K-Pop or otherwise. She just knows what works for her without sacrificing growth and quality. She even rapped on You Can't Sit With Us which I know you flops are not a big fan of bye. She slayed that rap and I won't hear otherwise!!!

And the imagery! The visuals! She just... gets it. I truly believe that Sunmi is the best popstar right now. For quite a while now actually. She's just operating on a dangerously high level that practically makes her untouchable. We're so lucky to be living the same time as this Kween. And we should never take that for granted.

Ugh, kween of pop, etc etc.

Overdose: Almost don't want to rank this so high because Hyolyn x Dasom need the points dd. Sunmi served too flawlessly though so I have to give her her flowers. Excellence as always.

He, Love Deluxe, OspreyQueen and 34 others like this.
  14. Slice of Life

15. Wow, these results were so close. It's wild that if I hadn't decided to pointlessly vote for two Ash-B songs, I would have given Queendom 2 points and After We Ride 1, and so After We Ride and Dumb Dumb would have swapped places, and there would have been a tie at #1.

He, evilsin, vague and 8 others like this.
  16. Pffff not me removing Queendom from my ballot and giving Sunmi the win.

You're welcome @BEST FICTION.

[​IMG]

He, evilsin, vague and 16 others like this.
  17. vague, nikkysan, ysev and 3 others like this.
  18. Slice of Life

Queendom would’ve won by virtue of having more voters than You Can’t Sit With Us (37 vs. 35)……..
    [​IMG]

evilsin, vague, Attis and 16 others like this.
  19. Dumb Dumb outlasting After We Ride.......................

Great winner though!

He, vague, Attis and 5 others like this.
  20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Did I vote for a RV album track to help Sunmi?

Yes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.