K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Ddddddddddddddddddd I hope Bom and Plastic Gangnam Unnie become friends. It would be the death of me.

Shaman Unnie is in charge of the finances, I'm afraid. I have no say on that area.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    ajmkv, send photo, Squashua and 3 others like this.
  2. 3

[​IMG]

STREET
    EXID
    Banana Culture Entertainment

16 POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 3
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    5 - @send photo, @PopZeitgeist
    2 - @He, @ajmkv, @junglefish

Funny how one random Chinese single propels the album back to relevancy. STREET, EXID's first full album, was released back in June 2016. And six months after, it debuted on our album chart. I love happy endings.

I'll be very honest here. I have not yet heard this in full.

[​IMG]

DON'T KILL ME, CYSTREN! I'm gonna listen to this eventually, I promise.

So before you come for my smelly wig, let's now hear your thoughts about this album. He, boo, why don't you start the proceedings?

their china conquering video got me to come back. Some certified bops in the midst of too many boring solo tracks.

Next, we have the shockingly less wordy today, ajmkv unnie.

Still loving this.

Sis, are you okay? You seem low on energy. I bet that pussy popping really took its toll on you. Kii.

And finally, new EXID stan, send photo gets the last word. Take it away, my love.

Yas girls the first group I’m properly back into k-pop to stan.

ajmkv, send photo, Squashua and 2 others like this.
  3. Guilty! I kept it under 10!

Squashua and Slice of Life like this.
  4. I'm just waiting backstage for my performance as international star!
    [​IMG]

5. He

He

I wish I had created some categories!

@Slice of Life must be glad I did not. Ha.

send photo and Slice of Life like this.
  6. Our runner up...

is a Legend™.

[​IMG]

THE CLOUD DREAM OF THE NINE
    Uhm Jung Hwa
    Mystic89 Entertainment

21 POINTS

Peak Position: 2

Voters:
    5 - @ryan_riot92, @junglefish, @Monkey0
    4 - @Gintoki
    2 - @Deja-Boo

THE TRUE BADDEST UNNIE IN TOWN IS BACK!!!

In all honesty, I know more about Uhm Jung Hwa as an actress than as a singer. I watched her in the 2014 Korean drama, Witch's Romance, and I fell in love. I know she's also a singer but I was too lazy to really delve into her discography.

Thank God she came back as a singer in 2016.

I have yet to hear this outside of the singles but I LOVE what I've heard so there is no way in hell that I would not listen to this. It helps that it ranked really high here so I know that I would be in for a treat.

For an album that got this much support, only the ever reliable ryan_riot92 left a really starry review. Take it away, unnie!

Every track on this mini was title track worthy. It’s flawless and honestly the best album/mini to come out of December.

YATH YOU BETTER STAN!

Overdose, ajmkv, send photo and 4 others like this.
  7. Don't worry, all your categories are gonna be published. It's too messy to not be shared.

If your performance isn't Mamamoo-level of amazing, you can keep it, unnie. x

You can still create! GO GO GO!

Dangerous Maknae and ryan_riot92 like this.
  8. And finally! Our number 1 album for December!

... is also our number one album in October.

[​IMG]

1 OF 1
    SHINee
    SM Entertainment

22 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 2
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 3

Voters:
    5 - @McQueer
    4 - @Aries, @Vesperly, @Monkey0
    3 - @send photo
    1 - @He, @Deja-Boo

If you're still in doubt that SHINee is Popjustice's choice boy group, then this is all the proof that you need to believe the legend. YES, SHINee DID IT AGAIN, HUNTIES!

After placing second last month (with the help of the repackage, 1 and 1), this time they took back their rightful place at the very top. And it is very, very much deserved. 1 of 1 is truly one of the best K-pop albums... probably ever.

It also helped that December didn't offer much new albums... and the SHINee-loving hunties of Popjustice took that chance to take boys back to the top again.

Not many people expressed their adoration for this album. They showed it by voting. Except He. You know that unnie will always show support through votes and words. The stage is yours, babe.

kings of everything

Amen.

junglefish, ajmkv, send photo and 3 others like this.
  9. @Slice of Life I tried to create funny categories. I hope I succeeded.

10. Pleasantly surprised this is #1. Personally I try not to include albums or songs from previous ballots for the sake of diversity, but December wasn't that active so I had no choice.

Great job, voters
    [​IMG]

11. He

He

How in love with Taemin do you think the other 4 are?

12. [​IMG]

13. IT'S TOP 10 SONGS TIME, UNNIES!!!

Let's do this.

[​IMG]

SECRET
    WJSN / Cosmic Girls
    from the The Secret mini album
    Starship Entertainment

26 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 19
    Peak Position: 8
    Months on Chart: 3

Voters:
    9 - @Ceir
    8 - @PopZeitgeist
    5 - @ThighHighs
    4 - @junglefish

Yeonjung and others stay winning for a third straight month! After almost slipping out of the top 20 last month, Yeonjung's Army rallied hard for this to remain on the chart. And the hunties succeeded. Good job, gorls.

I pretty much wrote everything I have to say about Secret in the past two months and in my GRAMAMA write-ups. But it needs repeating: SECRET IS STILL THAT BOP. And that music video could cure the rarest of diseases.

Let's start the parade of praises with junglefish unnie.

Anticipation for their comeback made me listen to this gem a lot more than I did when it was released. A perfect pop song and the best MV of the year.

SAME. I have been so perched for their comeback that I replayed Secret to the ground.

And here's ThighHighs delivering another slice of gospel.

Every time I'm driving and Yeonjung hits that high note, I want to crash my car into a wall just for effect. #Shook

---

[​IMG]

DREAMER
    Uhm Jung Hwa
    from the The Cloud Dream of the Nine mini album
    Mystic89 Entertainment

31 POINTS

Peak Position: 9

Voters:
    10 - @ryan_riot92, @Deja-Boo
    9 - @junglefish
    2 - @Slice of Life

THE UNNIE STRIKES AGAIN. This time, on our song chart. YATH.

Dreamer is one of the two title tracks off Uhm Jung Hwa's comeback album, the fantastically wordy The Cloud Dream of the Nine. AND IT. IS. THE. SHIT.

Seriously, everything here works. The emotional delivery. The English phrases which include my fave "I love your face when you cry but you never, never know." Kii. But the music video is a whole another beast. I am truly shook. I am just amazed that a 47 year-old Korean woman did just that. THOSE MOVES!!! I was not prepared. I feel attacked, etc. I personally really love the duet dance performed with another dancer. That was lit. Younger K-pop artists should definitely watch and learn from Miss Uhm.

Messy unnie junglefish kept it cute with ha review.

The Queen of Pop is back to terrify us with her circle lenses and to show the youngins how it's done. Both title tracks are amazing and I wish I knew how to talk about music but I don't, so I'll just leave it at that and praise the Queen for this glorious comeback.

And finally, ryan_riot92 stans to ha heart's content. I am totally here for this.

THE RETURN OF A LEGEND! She just dropped one of the biggest bangers of the year right at the very end of it! Show them hoobaes how it’s done gurl! I’ll admit, her contacts get kinda scary looking at time but that I can get over easily … because let’s face it, half of the time in K-Pop, they’re all wearing contacts. Everything about this track is spectacular. The production, the backing track, her vocals … all on point! It really reminds me of a time when I wasn’t so obsessed with K-Pop and it brings some feelings of nostalgia when I hear it! A solid certified BOP!

---

[​IMG]

WATCH ME MOVE
    Uhm Jung Hwa
    from the The Cloud Dream of the Nine mini album
    Mystic89 Entertainment

32 POINTS

Peak Position: 8

Voters:
    10 - @Gintoki
    8 - @junglefish
    7 - @ryan_riot92, @Deja-Boo

AND SHE STRIKES AGAIN!

Uhm Jung Hwa's other title track, Watch Me Move, makes its debut appearance on our song chart.

I'll be honest and say that I didn't expect this to win over Dreamer. Admittedly, I love Dreamer more hence why I voted for that one. But Watch Me Move is also pretty stellar. I fell in love with it just a few days ago... after I submitted my ballots (to myself kii) so it didn't get some points from me. But looks like it didn't really need my help because here it is, standing proud at the number 8 spot.

Miss Uhm gives us another iconic music video. This is very Lady Gaga circa the Fame Monster... down to the creepy make-up. Kii. Seriously, unnie, that no-eyebrow look is a choice. My favourite outfit is the gold dress. It's so pretty.

Lazy cyst junglefish asks us to do this:

See above xx

NO U. And Miss Uhm super stan ryan_riot92 is here to educate us once again.

I actually heard this one before “Dreamer” and was blown away thinking this was probably the heavy hitter track and the other was gonna be some type of ballad. Thank Shaman Unnie it wasn’t though. This whole mini is probably one of the most solid minis of the year! Anyway, the track makes you want to **** everyone out on the dance floor with your amazing moves. Watch you weaves gurls, cuz they about to be SNATCHED! Uhm Jung Hwa currently holds the title of Queen of the K-Clubs!

YATH TELL EM.

Overdose, ajmkv, send photo and 6 others like this.
  14. Uhm Jung Hwa just lost the first place by 1 point from the three months old album....now I'm angry on myself, I should gave her 5 points.

15. I clearly need to beg for mercy from UhmamamUhmHwaamUhm (I tried - I failed) because I still haven't properly listened to this crazy disco-witch Unnie's releases.

16. 7

[​IMG]

CREAM
    EXID
    from the STREET album
    but the Chinese version of Cream is just a single, I believe
    Banana Culture Entertainment

32 POINTS

Peak Position: 7

Voters:
    10 - @send photo, @PopZeitgeist
    6 - @McQueer, @ajmkv

This is the first Chinese-language song to chart here, right? YATH! I don't know why but that makes me so happy dddddddd. Come on, multiple languages!

The song is a bop and a half but let's cut to the chase... that music video is really something, isn't it?

What the hell is happening??? Why is LE eating that cockroach-infested cake? Why did Junghwa's boyfriend poison her? And why is Hyerin the best member of EXID? Relatable Kween! I know I would be doing the same if presented with that much food.

Only my sweetie pie ajmkv left a rather cute comment:

Yeeessssss, this finally got a video! Dat choreo. Also Hyerin in that video was so cute, munching on all those cakes, she's become my spirit animal. (Side-note: has everyone seen that ADORABLE video where Hani is cheering on Hyerin as she takes on Solji's high note in Ah Yeah? I AM IN LOVE! Also, y*sssssss Hyerin!) Only gripe though: I hate the hardcoded subs. Can they please upload a clean version?... No? Ok...

YAS I SAW THAT UNNIE. I love Hani! And about the hardcoded subs, I think all Chinese music videos have those so yeah, we should just deal with it.

---

Which song just missed the top 5?

[​IMG]

TAXI
    Sunny Girls

34 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 10
    Peak Position: 6
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    10 - @Slice of Life
    9 - @McQueer
    6 - @Deja-Boo
    3 - @Lego, @Vesperly, @junglefish

[​IMG]

I THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA SEND THIS TO NUMBER ONE THIS MONTH??? WHY HAVE Y'ALL FAILED ME???

This is still so good, isn't it? I don't think I will ever get tired of it. That chorus is just... YAS LAWD. It's a shame that we'll probably never get to see this performed live again. A song this monumental did not deserve to go unnoticed by the Korean public and the PJ crowd.

I'M RAGING.

Also, shame at SBS for totally doing YooA wrong during the Gayo Daejun performance of this song. I hate them. Go suck YG's diq, you pathetic losers!

Anyway, only my French lover junglefish left a comment for this. Take it away, unnie!

Still better than Twice's whole discography xx.

You know what? I actually agree. *runs from @D is for Danger!*

ajmkv, send photo, junglefish and 4 others like this.
  17. Don't you worry PD, I got this! Y'all amniotic fluids will rot!
    [​IMG]

18. He

He

Was Taxi released as a single?

edit: never mind, got it now. It would have gotten top 3 from me had I known. Flop, etc.

Slice of Life likes this.
  19. I love Taxi so bloomin' much but, like @Deja-Boo was saying before, I always try to keep my ballots to that month's releases which means sadly no Secret / Taxi / inevitable Blackpink singles.

Deja-Boo, Monkey0 and Slice of Life like this.
  20. No need to run away @Slice of Life, I agree. Also, dead at that cover art!

Slice of Life likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.