K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Why must you trigger me like this?!

Jealousy is cute you.

D is for Danger! likes this.
  2. He

He

Oh yes.

Can't you hear them vocals? Only queen Qri can challenge TT's vocal delivery.

Slice of Life and Squashua like this.
  3. Wait ... could it be ... Hoody at #2? It's a stretch but wishful thinking here.

Slice of Life likes this.
  4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'M BACK, MY BABES!

Woo, sorry for leaving y'all hanging. Anyway, let's get back to business.

Did any of you guess our correct number 2 though?

Only one of you got it right.

---

[​IMG]

BOOMBOOM
    Seventeen
    from the Going Seventeen mini album
    Pledis Entertainment

47 POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 2
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    10 - @ThighHighs
    9 - @Slice of Life, @Monkey0
    8 - @Deja-Boo
    7 - @Lego
    2 - @send photo, @Ceir

[​IMG]

OH Y'ALL WANTED A TWIST???

Not the underrated Seventeen single getting this far! I AM SHOOK.

Honestly, I didn't expect this to snatch a place this high. I would have actually been perfectly content if this reached Top 10. Thankfully, the last few voters showered this with a 10, 9, 8 and 7 and the rest is history. THANK YOU, KWEENS OF TASTE.

I remember posting the music video in the General Discussion when it dropped... anticipating that we'll all slutdrop to this or something. But the response that it got was not positive. Not positive at all. I was heartbroken. But I guess some of you have warmed up to this. I love a good character development!

Let's hear from you, unnies! Pokemon Ambassador send photo mistakenly called this BANGBANG but I'll let ha live because he gave this some points.

I guess people don’t like this? I randomly clicked it and hella bop. Whoops.

Finally, my fellow Seventeen trash ThighHighs sure loves terrorizing his poor roommate.

I am such Seventeen trash. This song, the performance video, and the xmas rehearsal have been on regular rotation in my apartment. The roommate hates it, but I can't stop!

Continue doing God's work, cyst.

#STANDK2017

junglefish, Overdose, ajmkv and 5 others like this.
  5. He

He

Eh... ok. Sure.

Bring K.A.R.D now.

Squashua likes this.
  6. You all spent your Christmas listening to that mess? K.

7. I don't recall that one ... nor do I recall most of these new entries. I feel like I've been sleeping under a rock or something. Oops.

Slice of Life likes this.
  8. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I see some of y'all are pressed by that last reveal.

ME:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, let's finish this song chart so we can focus all our meltdowns energy on the GRAMAMAs.

Your Number 1 is...

[​IMG]

OH NANA
    K.A.R.D
    from the K.A.R.D Project Vol.1 'Oh NaNa' single album
    DSP Entertainment

127 BIG MATTHEW POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    10 - @Aries, @McQueer, @He, @Ceir, @Monkey0, @junglefish, @Penguin
    9 - @Squashua, @ryan_riot92, @Gintoki, @ajmkv, @ThighHighs
    6 - @Slice of Life
    4 - @Lego
    2 - @Vesperly

OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS ARE THIRSTY FOR THAT BIG MATTHEW GUY, AREN'T YOU???

7 10s? 15 voters overall? And only 18 voters in total? That's actually a new KPJC record. YATH.

Oh NaNa is... I don't know exactly how to describe it precisely but bear with me. Oh NaNa is like a buzz single of sorts. It's not their debut single NO SIR NO since the group haven't officially debuted yet. A CL releasing Dr. Pepper as buzz single in America tea.

But let's be real, this is more than sufficient for a debut single. This is insanely on-trend but doesn't sound stale. That chorus is yum_yum.mp3. The rap sections are not cringey. And Somin is bae. The other girl is cute too. (I'm sorry for not including you in the cover art, sis.)

The music video is trash but I'll let them live.

AND HUR YOUNGJI SINGING THAT MIDDLE 8 IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE.

I only gave this a 6 because when I voted, I wasn't using this as much. But now, oh Lord, I play this all the time. It's quite the bop, isn't it?

This got tons of commentary from you so let's get to that real quick. Squashua, start us off, henny.

I only knocked this down from 10 points as I actually think it might score well regardless. A Co-Ed group actually liked by the great PJ masses? A Co-Ed group appreciated by the sub-forum AND delivering an actual B.A.W.P???? Unthinkable. I mean we all know that DSP will screw them up eventually, unless Shaman Unnie chooses them as her new disciples to spreadeth the gospel of OhNANA, but let's enjoy this classy, trop-pop debut whilst we can anyway. *Cue Youngji twirling in for a wobby ad-lib, doing a body-roll then staggering off to the nearest pub*

ThighHighs unnie is here to join the party.

On first listen, I hated this. Howeva, it has grown on me like crazy and I listen to it all the time now. The bridge is SUH good.

YATH STAN FOR YOUNGJI!!!

This sis has been super silent lately. What's happening, ajmkv unnie?

Didn't expect DSP of all labels to release the most flawless puss-popper of the year, and right at the end, too! What kind of sultry jam? I like everything about it. DSP, please don't fuck this up! (Also please just add Youngji to this group permanently.)

I love Youngji with all of my heart but I'm fine with just the four, teebs.

Number 1 BM Mistress ryan_riot92 is here to make ha voice be heard. Yap away, cyst.

Had Uhm Jung Hwa not released anything this month, this would have been my number one! Never would I have imagined seeing another co-ed K-Pop ever to exist. The song is a complete banger! I could have dealt without the Youngji feature tbh but other than that, this has to be one of the most solid debuts of the year. The tropical house esthetic makes it stand out amongst the crowd. BM is a daddy … even though we’re the same age, I don’t care. Don’t screw this one up DSP! Or there will be hell to pay…

DSP will screw this up, cyst. I just know it. And I hate them already for it.

10-point giver He is equally smitten by this bop.

what a debut! even though they have not debuted yet. I’m actually scared that the actual debut music isn’t going to be as great. All four members seem to be in sync and they all look amazing, dance great, and song even better! Please don’t let the other added members ruin this!

And here's junglefish, true messy unnie, to finish this off. Take it away, sweetheart.

Who would have thought that a coed group formed by DSP would snatch our weaves like that? The song is instant, the video looks great, they all seem fun and Youngji is here to BLESS us with her VOCALS. What's not to like?
    I also would like to point out that in France, BM means Bien Monté which is something guys write on their Grindr profile if they have a big dick, so yeah.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. France stays lit.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    ajmkv, junglefish, He and 4 others like this.
  9. [​IMG]

10. Mianhamnida, ladies and gentlemen.

We're having a little technical issue.

I'm just formulating a perfect plan on how to reveal the results of the GRAMAMAs.

We'll be back live in a few more hours.

Kamsahamnida for understanding.

[​IMG]

---

In the mean time,
    why aren't y'all posting your red carpet outfits???

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

A little basic, isn't it? I though so too.

Until you see my back.

[​IMG]

BYE.

But seriously, lemme just devise the perfect plan and edit some photos. I promise I'll be back to reveal some GRAMAMAs tea. Saranghae!

ajmkv, Deja-Boo, ryan_riot92 and 3 others like this.
  11. ^crying at the outfit. Truly the sassiest unnie of them all.
    Anyway here's mine :
    [​IMG]
    I'm stuck outside, security won't let me enter. Fix it @Slice of Life.

ajmkv, He, Squashua and 1 other person like this.
  12. Okay, but please post your equally amazing outfit too, bb. x

send photo and junglefish like this.
  13. Reduh carpet without meee? Well I never... Look my pre-preshow "appointment" is trash (literally, I think I'm in the wrong alley? Hard to tell) so just hologram my ahjumma pearls wearing self in with KARD as my entry music yeah? My therapist told me I'm lead dancer vocal visual I'll have you know....

[​IMG]

He, send photo and Slice of Life like this.
  14. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Good evening, Seoul Olympic Stadium!

I am Slice of Life, your host for tonight. I tried my best to hire someone to do the hosting job but upon closer inspection, absolutely no one was perfect for this. Just a bunch of flops.

Except you, Shaman Unnie.

And you as well, GRAMAMA correspondent, Park Bom.

Anyway, we are gathered tonight (...for a few days actually kii) to celebrate K-pop in all its sickening glory. 2016 has been a disastrous year in many fronts. But through it all, the K-pop industry proved to be a shining beacon of hope. It gave us a million bops that will hopefully soundtrack more years of our lives. It gave us scandals that truly shook our world. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

K-pop in 2016 is one hell of an extravaganza.

And so it is only right that we took the time to properly celebrate it. And so here we are.

WELCOME TO THE FIRST GRAMAMA AWARDS NIGHT.

[​IMG]

Let's get it rolling with the first category of the night.

~BEST MUSIC VIDEO~

And the nominees are...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1. Oh My Girl - Windy Day
    2. WJSN - Secret
    3. GFriend - Rough
    4. Ladies' Code - Galaxy / The Rain
    5. Stellar - Sting
    6. Red Velvet - One Of These Nights / Russian Roulette
    7. Fei - Fantasy
    8. B.A.P - Skydive
    9. BTS - Blood, Sweat & Tears
    10. Winner - Baby Baby

Let's eliminate the flops first, shall we?

The following flops didn't get even a single vote. Poor it. Do your walk of shame, kids.

GFriend - Rough
    Stellar - Sting
    B.A.P - Skydive

and
    Winner - Baby Baby

Voters:

NONE

~4TH PLACE~

...is a triple tie.

The following nominees got one vote a piece.

[​IMG]

WINDY DAY
    Oh My Girl

Voter:
    @Vesperly

Vesperly:
    because how can I not vote for Oh My Girl?

[​IMG]

FANTASY
    Fei

Voter:
    @send photo

send photo:
    Whew, this is unusual to see in K-pop. I mostly had the videos playing in another tab while I worked on other stuff (nn sorry) but she got my full attention. Who is she? I love her.

[​IMG]

BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    BTS

Voter:
    @Monkey0

Monkey0:
    THE OPULENCE. THE ART DIRECTION. THE HOMOEROTIC UNDERTONES. Whenever I see a MV that both elevates the song and is unexpected yet perfect visualisation of song I experience an ascension! This is the perfect example. Dozens of symbolic moments that can be interpreted separately or as whole. This MV created hundreds of long-ass posts on Tumblr trying to explain it #impact. Even though it’s filmed indoors and with box sets it makes the most out of it. It even has pretentious spoken word breakdown! Yes, it’s on the verge of being nonsensical but they didn’t cross that thin line but made sure MV is rich in texture, content and effects.

~3RD PLACE~

We have no 3rd place because there is a tie in 2nd place. Kii.

~2ND PLACE~

[​IMG]

GALAXY / THE RAIN
    Ladies' Code

Voters:
    @ajmkv
    @PopZeitgeist
    @SloMover
    @Deja-Boo

ajmkv: WHY IS THIS SO HARD UNNIE UGH, I can't possibly choose between 5 of these (Galaxy/The Rain/Russian Roulette/Sting/Fantasy), but after a heavy deliberation I've gone with Ladies' Code - The Rain

SloMover: The muted pastel colour scheme of like every video on the nominees list is very lovely but the warm and rich colours that Ladies' Code served was a nice change of pace and the closest thing we'll get to Perfume (looks wise, at least). Bonus points for symbolism in the video, moreso in Galaxy, that every kpop blogger tried to interpret and disect (which I'm almost positive were all just aesthetic for aesthetic sake).

[​IMG]

RUSSIAN ROULETTE
    Red Velvet

Voters:
    @Aries
    @McQueer
    @Slice of Life
    @Penguin

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  15. And so the winner for...

~BEST MUSIC VIDEO~

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SECRET
    WJSN / Cosmic Girls

Voters:
    @Squashua
    @ryan_riot92
    @He
    @Ceir
    @ThighHighs
    @junglefish
    @Lego
    @Gintoki
    @D is for Danger!
    @Mikl C

10 MASSIVE VOTES!!! WOW!!! And a truly deserved win.

Secret would've gotten my vote but I discovered it late in the year so I gave my vote to Red Velvet instead. But my vote certainly wouldn't be needed because y'all rallied hard for this.

Squash Enthusiast Squashua says this about the music video:

Stellar gave us the societal satire, Fei the cyber VR sex fantasy, RV the cartoon killer instinct but for sheer scope, scale and blockbuster potential relative to the song it has to be Secret. Power-nugus if I ever saw them.

ryan_riot92 is just as impressed:

This entire music video is an acid trip… but a lovely one. It’s a psychedelic utopian masterpiece. It’s like all your fairytale fantasies come true in a three minute video. It helps that the song is a complete bop too!

Only this music video could release the hidden essayist in He:

Queens! This video and song took me by surprise, not the least because Serpent Empress Yeunjung was added to the group and took everyone’s lines in a Hyolyn like manner. Oh and she is also sort of the main part of the video, having all the girls use their power to summon Yeunjung in order to break free from nugudom.

The video is gorgeous! And all the references make me geek out, especially the Mononoke Hime one. I do chuckle at “Have you ever felt Cosmo inside you”. Who the fuck is this perv Cosmo?!!

I hope they keep bringing this magical girl fantasy and do not shy away from the bops.

Ceir slapped me with a million references:

This video has it all from 20th century fiction. You’ve got Vladimir Nabokov’s Korean rendition of Lolita with about 20 different Ray Bradbury stories mashed together.

I mean, where else would you witness such child abuse as a 16 year old crashing onto a planet that looks like a more elaborate vision that Shaman Unnie has seen on one of her acid trips?

In all seriousness, they blend this frothy, girly aesthetic with some sci-fi stuff that I would expect to wind up on a 1970s-80s book cover. It’s glorious, semantically loaded, and still saccharine as all fuck.

ThighHighs keeps it cute and says:

The effects, storyline (?), and song all combine to make this a perfect ball of futuristic cotton candy. Delicious.

junglefish removes his stan goggles and voted without bias:

As a GFRIEND stan I considered voting for Rough, but I gotta give it to WJSN. The Secret video is absolutely amazing and easily the best of the year (and we got many, many great videos in 2016!) The witchy vibes, the colors, our Lord and Savior Yunjung FALLING FROM THE SKY IN A SPACESUIT, everything about it is perfect.

D is for Danger! too! And he references a trillion animes so there's that:

Even though I'm an OMG stan and the Windy Day MV was just glorious, I have to give the nod to Secret. With this song and video, the group finally lived up to the Cosmic (Woojoo) aspect of their name. The color effects and computer animations were suprisingly top notch and didn't look cheap. There were even references to anime, such as Dragon Ball Z, Princess Mononoke and Full Metal Alchemist. Each member was given enough screen time, which was much appreciated considering that there are 13 girls in this group. Truly an achievement in the medium of kpop MVs!

Congratulations, ladies! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  16. Absolutely the most difficult category considering all those videos are stunning in various ways (is there a Korean VMAs?) but a big alien Y***SS at the winner. I mean YeunJeung using the escape pod to GTFA out of Dream Girls & into an Anime-meets-Final Fantasy utopian fever dream alone is enough to warrant the win, let alone...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ryan_riot92, McQueer, Mikl C and 2 others like this.
  17. Our next category is...

~ROOKIE OF THE YEAR~

Yep, let's get straight to one of the meatier categories.

The nominees are...

[​IMG]

1. BLACKPINK
    2. K.A.R.D
    3. NCT
    4. BgA
    5. VICTON/Pentagon/SF9/KNK/Astro/other rookie boy groups

~5TH PLACE~

[​IMG]

BgA
    BOYS GENERALLY ASIAN

NigaHiga Productions

Voters:

NONE

Slice of Life: WJSN should've been nominated instead. I'm sorry, dearies.

~4TH PLACE~

[​IMG]

NCT U / NCT 127 / NCT DREAM
    SM Entertainment

Voter:
    @Penguin

Penguin: I love how SM gives Taeyong and Mark one song's worth of creative control and they end up coming up with the ultimate bottom's anthem about roleplay and infidelity and BDSM and needy aftercare. When will your faves?

Slice of Life: NOOOOOOOOOOO MY BABY CHENLE FLOPPED SO HARD. I'M SO SORRY I COULDN'T VOTE FOR YOU.

~3RD PLACE~

[​IMG]

VICTON / Pentagon / SF9 / KNK / Astro / Others
    Various Entertainment Companies

Voters:
    @Squashua
    @Lego

Squashua: Blackpink will win this so why not throw the hundred and one Dalmatians a bone?

Slice of Life: SEJUN!!!! I'M SO SORRY!!!

AND

OUR

~2ND PLACE~

[​IMG]

K.A.R.D
    DSP Entertainment

Voters:
    @Ceir
    @ajmkv
    @Monkey0
    @D is for Danger!
    @Mikl C

Ceir: BIG. MATHEW. Enough said.

ajmkv: DSP DON'T FUCK THIS UP PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

Monkey0: Yeah, I don’t even need arguments here.

When you have brilliant bop like “Oh Nana” you don’t need appearances on music shows or even actual mini-album. They’re that good! I do believe they will break the co-ed groups curse and have successful career. This perfect moments because DSP Media can’t handle more than two groups so now that they cleared their rooster they can rise K.A.R.D to the top. Like they did with SS501 and KARA. What I like the most is that they debuted best and simplest way – with great song. No dumb concept or introduction format. And thirst trap is HUUUGE.

D is for Danger!: KARD wins this by default because I can't be bothered with the other nominees. I don't know what it is about mixed gender groups that gets people so fired up, but they definitely lived up to the hype. It's nice to see Somin finally doing a concept that is age appropriate *cough April cough*.

Slice of Life: I LOVE YOU SOMIN!!! STEP ON ME!!!

18. And so our winner for...

~ROOKIE OF THE YEAR~

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BLACKPINK
    YG Entertainment

Voters:
    @send photo
    @Aries
    @ryan_riot92
    @McQueer
    @He
    @ThighHighs
    @Slice of Life
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Vesperly
    @junglefish
    @SloMover
    @Gintoki

S L A Y !!!

You know what? I actually thought K.A.R.D would be more of a threat to the new YG ladies but with 12 votes against 5, that was not the case.

I voted for BLACKPINK because (1) I genuinely enjoy their music, 2NE1 comparisons be damned, (2) I love their personalities especially Lisa and Jisoo, (3) I always wanted a dance-focused group from YG and the girls delivered in that department, and (4) they have the most potential to be better among all the nominees.

What about you, gorls? Why did BLACKPINK get your vote?

Kween of Kanada send photo stans right after coming back to K-pop's loving arms:

Obvious choice, one of the few groups I perked up to during my hiatus.

ryan_riot92 gets really catty... and I'm here for it. YATH say it our loud, unnie!:

There really was no contest in this category (K.A.R.D slightly) … Basically 2NE1 2.0 and in all honesty, that’s a damn good thing. They came out swinging ready to sl*y your faves and become your new faves. They’ve already shown us that they can do multiple genres well … and in a matter of 3 months might I add. Haters gonna hate but bitches BLACKPINK takes the cake.

He is still talking about that temporary group, I guess:

I.O.I.!!!!!

ok I kid…

(not really)

But yeah, blackpink brought the tunes, and with a big 3 budget they are killing the visuals, as well. Also, Rosé is amazing, Lisa is the coolest, Jisoo is ridiculously funny and Jennie is there, too.

Please do not fuck them over YG!

ThighHighs preaches about quality:

For quality of their music and vidoes alone, they deserve it. NCT too messy, and KARD too new.

My fellow Blackjack, Vesperly, is a understandably apprehensive but gives BLACKPINK ha vote in the end:

I have mixed feelings about Blackpink over all, but I have to vote for them because I have sworn fealty to Princess Lisa.

junglefish uses math when voting, I see:

I wish I could vote for KARD but they only have one song out so it wouldn’t be fair. I was skeptical about BLACKPINK but they delivered. 3 out of their 4 songs are great, their style is cool, the videos are good… Let’s hope YG don’t fuck this up (lol as if.)

And we'll end with SloMover and ha complicated relationship with BLACKPINK:

I'm harsh on them because everything is still quite 2NE1 high school tribute... Honestly, they're straight jacking CL and Bom's rapping and singing style (though, I honestly don't know why you would want to copy Bom's "singing" style) but their songs are bops, and the girls are fire performers along with being beautiful. I can't wait for their I Am The Best moment.

Congratulations, ladies! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

Serg., Overdose, ajmkv and 7 others like this.
  19. And why don't we do another category?

Let's do it.

Our next category is...

~ARTIST THAT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT AWARD~

Ooh, will this cause a few meltdowns? I hope so not. Hehe.

The nominees are...

[​IMG]

1. Twice
    2. Infinite
    3. AOA
    4. gu9udan
    5. Apink

~5TH PLACE~

[​IMG]

APINK

Voters:
    @ajmkv

ajmkv: (Please improve immediately.)

Slice of Life: I'm surprised this didn't get more votes... but then I read some of y'all commentaries and then I knew... Kii.

~4TH PLACE~

[​IMG]

GUGUDAN

Voters:
    @He
    @SloMover

He: I hope they get better tunes or at least use Sejeong in a better way, and show the rest of the members. I still have faith in their future.

SloMover: I'm ready to stan but they need something way stronger than Wonderland. Although I lowkey loved that Sejeong looked like she wanted to die in every performance of Wonderland.

Slice of Life: I'm still super bothered by the name to even worry if they'll improve or not.

~3RD PLACE~

Actually, there is no 3rd place because there is a tie in...

~2ND PLACE~

[​IMG]

INFINITE

Voters:
    @Slice of Life
    @Monkey0
    @D is for Danger!

Monkey0: My babies! I practically raised you and now came the time when you need a spank because you got lazy! BRING BACK HARD-HITTING BOPS, SHARP AS SCALPEL CHOREOGRAPHY AND STRIKING VISUALS! You still got it in you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

D is for Danger!: Twice are the new queens of Korea and as much hate as they get on the KPJ forum they deliver where it counts, the music (suck it haters!). You think SNSD don't have shitty vocalists or useless members?! AOA are on a decline, but their output is still above average. Nugudan only have one song to their name, so there isn't much to judge them on. A Beige are a lost cause. That leaves us with Infinite. How the mighty have fallen! It wasn't until The Chaser that my "no boy groups" policy came under revision. Slowly but surely the wall came down and I opened my steel heart to a very select few songs from male artists. Sadly, nothing could match the heights of The Chaser. The group came close with Destiny (those opening 30 seconds were on loop!) and Back, but the rest of their output was been there, done that. They need to rejoin with Sweetune and work their magic once again.

Slice of Life: I'M NOT GIVING UP. GIVE ME BACK MY PERFECT INFINITE! #STOPRPHABET2K17

AND

[​IMG]

AOA

Voters:
    @send photo
    @Aries
    @Mikl C

send photo: I didn’t know what to pick for this category so I went with the Superlove namedrop.

Aries: I'm also 'team "Good Luck" was alright' but regardless, it was a big step down from "Heart Attack". Must do better.

Slice of Life: GOOD LUCK YOU'RE MY KITTY KITTY!!! Yeah, I still love it. Fight me!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  20. Glad to see that WJSN and Kard won....and I'm sorry that I'm late to the party...I didn't know what to wear so I choose this one really conservative dress
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    ajmkv, send photo, Squashua and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.