K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 17, 2016.

1. And so the winner of the...

~ARTIST THAT NEEDS TO MAKE A COMEBACK AWARD~

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ORANGE CARAMEL / AFTER SCHOOL

Voters:
    @Squashua
    @send photo
    @Aries
    @ajmkv
    @ThighHighs
    @Slice of Life
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Penguin
    @SloMover
    @Monkey0
    @D is for Danger!

Well, well, well. We're not very thirsty for OC, are we? What kind of landslide victory?

But is Orange Caramel still a group though? Does it still exist?

[​IMG]

I'm just hoping those shady Pledis people hear our pleas and answer our prayers.

Let's hear your thoughts, lovely people of K-Popjustice.

Look, Pledis, even my cyst Squashua is giving you a free MV idea here!:

After School can burn now, all I want is on-brand kooky disco numbers from Nana and co. Give me that Pokémon Go inspired digipedi MV I know you have waiting in the wings.

send photo needs to listen to After School's critically acclaimed Japanese album, Dress to Kill, stat!:

I know there’s plenty of great groups here but I jumped so fast to cast my ballot for these girls. They’re honestly the best active(?) group. I don’t even check for After School aside from the Namie collaboration.

ajmkv unnie keeps it real classy:

AFTER SCHOOL FFS.

ThighHighs screams ideas... Pledis, we're all helping you here:

I need another Catallena or Lipstick ASAP. A Bang! or First Love will suffice, too.

PopZeitgeist was very strategic with his vote, I see:

Orange Caramel/After School (since f(x) is already rumored to comeback in October)

The good cyst SloMover falls for Pledis' bait again... poor it:

Show the girls how it's done my queens!
    I've come to terms that they're pretty much done... But then Pledis included them in their New Years message and then each member posted individual messages...

Somebody hold Monkey0 unnie. She's angry!!!:

[​IMG]

Listen up bitch! I’m done waiting. I offer unlimited sexual services for you and in return I just want to see AFTER SCHOOL perform and release new music. I’ll even be friendly to Raina!

And D is for Danger! is not here for that Pristin nonsense, no thank you:

Get your shit together Pledis! These girls had one of the best years in 2014. Catallena, Abing Abing, My Copycat... no one does kooky concepts quite like these girls. To top it off the music is always fantastic. They'd be a well needed breath of fresh air in this saturated market dominated by cute schoolgirl concepts. Sadly, with Pristin (ugh!) set to make a debut, I doubt Pledis will focus on OC in 2017.

Congrats, ladies! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

NOW RELEASE THAT SINGLE/ALBUM!!!

ajmkv, Monkey0, ryan_riot92 and 6 others like this.
  2. ~INTERMISSION~

~INTERMISSION~

Multiple GRAMAMA Awards-nominee GFriend will give us a performance that is inspired by the recent events that happened in the K-Pop General Discussion thread.

---

No, but seriously, I was gonna post more results tonight but that thread getting locked made me a little sad so I'm just gonna sleep this off and hope that tomorrow would be a better day for us, K-Popjustice subunit. x

PS:

I BEG YOU PLEASE DON'T GET THIS THREAD LOCKED OR DELETED. IT WILL KILL ME.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    ajmkv, ryan_riot92, He and 4 others like this.
  3. ~IMPORTANT PSA ANTHEM~

4. Ddddddddddd these kids also need to make a comeback. The music video still makes me scream so much.

Monkey0 and send photo like this.
  5. Too bad the GG equivalent was nowhere near as amazing.

Slice of Life likes this.
  6. How have I never seen this? Oh my god.

Monkey0 and Slice of Life like this.
  7. You lived your life with out Big Byung?! How?

Their 2nd chance single was also an event. Notice the cinematography. It's like Blood Sweat & Tears but subtle.

ryan_riot92 and Slice of Life like this.
  8. I had to get changed for my performance of all the best dance routines of the year:

[​IMG]

Squashua, Gintoki, junglefish and 2 others like this.
  9. ~INCOMING DELUGE OF D IS FOR DANGER! AWARDS ALERT~
    PART TWO

Hey gurls. Your girl, Park Bom is back to present these very special awards.

Are you ready for more @D is for Danger! oppar mess?

I'm ready. Let's do it.

~PLEASE GO AWAY AWARD~

And the

[​IMG]

goes to...

[​IMG]

BIG BANG

Can they please just go away?! I have to actively avoid their music whenever they are promoting.

Slice of Life: fxxk_it.mp3

Park Bom: If what it takes for me to have a successful comeback is for Big Bang to disappear, then I agree.

~SUCK IT HATERS AWARD~

And the

[​IMG]

goes to...

[​IMG]

TWICE

Y'all can hate on these talentless bitches, but they bring the bops.

Signed, Twice Trash

[​IMG]

Slice of Life:

[​IMG]

Park Bom:

[​IMG]

I'm actually okay with Twice. Don't kill me oppar. x

~SONG OF THE YEAR AWARD~

And the

[​IMG]

goes to...

SUGAR FREE
    T-ara

Slice of Life: What about this, precious? Huh?

Park Bom: You're showing your age, old man.

---

Can we get back to the relevant awards please? PLEASE???

God, why did I agree to do this? Anyway, I'm out. Later!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  10. You guys are killing me oh my god.
    [​IMG]

ajmkv, Slice of Life and send photo like this.
  11. Standing at the side of the stage awaiting my big PGU solo debut but having to sit through all these DifD awards like:
    [​IMG]

I wanted this look to highlight my "renewed" face visuals... dedicated to Fillers for Fallen Unnies (F.U), a Seoul not-for-profit organisation.

send photo, He, ryan_riot92 and 2 others like this.
  12. Day Three of the GRAMAMA Awards is here! N N N N I'm so sorry this is taking a lot longer than I anticipated. I'll try to do a better job. Mianhamnida.

Anyway, new day, new outfit, amirite?

Well, as you all know, my girl @send photo arrived from Canada looking disheveled as hell. So I thought, hmm, what could we wear that could hide ha stressed visual? I was kinda inspired by Sullegend and Hara Goo's Rotta photoshoot so here we are!

[​IMG]

We can't battle Sulli and Hara's hotness so we chose super conservative Lolita fashion. Aren't we so kawaii?

Bubble, bubble, bubble pop. Bubble, bubble pop. POP!

Anyway, enough fashion talk. Let's go to the next category now. And it is...

~BEST CHOREOGRAPHY~

YATH! Honestly, Western pop groups really need to dance like our unnirs and oppars. At least when they lip synch, they'll still look fabulous because they're dancing for their lives! Anyway, here are our nominees.

[​IMG]

1. GFriend - Rough
    2. Seventeen Very Nice
    3. WJSN - Secret
    4. NCT Dream - Chewing Gum
    5. BLACKPINK - Boombayah

~4TH PLACE~
    TIE

[​IMG]

VERY NICE
    Seventeen

Voters:
    @Deja-Boo
    @Monkey0

Monkey0: IF IT’S NOT SYNCHRONIZED AT LEAST IN 94% IT’S NOT DACING. That’s what INFINITE taught me and SEVENTEEN is really really close to perfection that is INFINITE. Kudos to them for not bumping into each other with so many members. They put equal emphasis on technicality and perfect execution and just fun. Strangle me with those suspenders boys!

Slice of Life: Oh wow. I actually didn't expect the boys to flop like this. But still, being a nominee is an award in itself. So still, good job, Sebongies!

AND

[​IMG]

BOOMBAYAH
    BLACKPINK

Voters:
    @ryan_riot92
    @Gintoki

ryan_riot92: Nobody mops the floor like my gurl Rosé! I find the choreo for this song to be energetic and fun. It’s basically like having a party but a planned party that you know your gonna sl*y your friends with moves to this song when it comes on. It may not be as polished as some of the other nominations in the category but I know most what most people will be voting for and this deserves at least one vote.

Slice of Life: I really love this choreography... although I think their live performances are better than the dance practice video... which is a mess. I think Playing With Fire has also such a good choreography. Way to go, YG! I like this change.

~3RD PLACE~

[​IMG]

CHEWING GUM
    NCT Dream

Voters:
    @send photo
    @Slice of Life
    @Penguin

send photo: Are you fucking kidding me? I can barely choreograph walking to the kitchen let alone on a damn hoverboard. Just take my vote.

Slice of Life: YES I VOTED FOR THIS AND I AM NOT ASHAMED Y'ALL. I am still in awe of this. How? How do these 15 years old children do this routine flawlessly every single time? Great work, my sons.

~2ND PLACE~

[​IMG]

SECRET
    WJSN / Cosmic Girls

Voters:
    @ajmkv
    @He
    @PopZeitgeist
    @SloMover
    @Mikl C

ajmkv: OBVIOUSLY
    WJSN - Secret
    Still the way me and my unnies and oppas walk into the club~

He: I love the formations they do with so many members, and they're always moving around to create new ones. It's just beautiful.

SloMover: Ok the intro with the music box ballerinas is cringe inducing but then they snatch everyone's wigs with that dance-walk thing where they all concertina out. The intricate hand movements during the chorus are the highlight.

Mikl C: *opening walk out that keeps going on. gif*

Slice of Life: WJSN really did everything to perfection during the Secret era. The song, the music video and the choreography. This is only the beginning for this extremely talented girls. Also I wasted three hours finding that opening walk gif and I.. I failed. Sorry, kids.

13. And so the winner for the...

~BEST CHOREOGRAPHY~

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ROUGH
    GFriend

Voters:
    @Squashua
    @Aries
    @McQueer
    @Ceir
    @ThighHighs
    @Vesperly
    @junglefish
    @Lego
    @D is for Danger!

What a truly deserved win. GFriend has been killing the choreography game since their debut with Glass Bead but with Rough, they really took it up a notch. I would've voted for them any day... well, any day that doesn't include NCT Dream as nominees. Kii.

And so lemme hear your thoughts, my wretched sassy unnies.

My cyst Squashua just left me a video and told me that would be enough:

I'm just going to put this here and say no more....

The ending clock arms to the ticking are already iconic.

Aries was even more silent... he just left me a gif!:

[​IMG]

Ceir came for SNSD's vocals while simultaneously stanned for GFriend. I love multitasking!:

THEY TURN INTO A FUCKIN HUMAN CLOCK.

That homage to Queen of Christmas IU’s glorious single You and I is enough for me. The only other group that could fight them would be Seventeen, but they have 13 members to interchange singing and dancing. This was six girls serving better live vocals WHILE DANCING than anything SNSD has done while standing still. Queens.

At least ThighHighs unnie used words. Thanks gurl!:

Best Bits:
    - When they do the quick running man during "siganeul dallyeoseo,"
    - The leg kick after the spin in the post-chorus dance break
    - The entire dance break during the guitar solo
    - The ending poses get me every time.

Vesperly is easy to please, I see:

The post-chorus spin-kick and the clock sequence at the end are more than enough to get them best choreography.

junglefish comes for my limited dance terminology knowledge but I'll let him live because last night's PM session was a blast. Kii!:

I’m even worse than @Slice of Life when it comes to dance terminology, but the headbang move defined 2016 so they win. Sorry Seventeen, even you can’t top that.

D is for Danger!, I am sorry but I couldn't find the gif. I tried so hard so please let me live:

I want to give the nod to WJSN solely for the opening portion of the choreography,

*please insert gif of girls doing the stroll here*

but when up against GFRIEND, it's just not enough. The girls killed it, as usual, with Rough. Who says girl groups can't have difficult choreography?! Rough was also the beginning of the double speed choreography challenge on Weekly Idol. Once again, the girls pulled it off without breaking a sweat.

Congrats, ladies! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

14. I didn't think Rough would win (but I'm happy) and I'm shocked that Very Nice placed last!

15. He

He

I think the Boombayah routine is quite nice in parts and quite shit in others.

Only Lisa and Rosé deserve the nomination. Also their hair flip game is lacking big time.

16. OH MY GOD, I INCLUDED THIS VIDEO IN THE WRITE-UP! So sorry, cyst. I'll edit it now. x

Squashua likes this.
  17. No worries Slicey! I just couldn't let Rough win Best Choreo without demonstrating the ultimate evidence.

Heck have some more (here savaging TWICE, BTOB & GOT7's dance abilities in front of their eyes) :

Mikl C and Slice of Life like this.
  18. TWICE are so fucking shook there, it's incredible.

19. Your words hurt me @Slice of Life! My award categories are the greatest!

20. It wasn't me oppar. It was Park Bom!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.