K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 17, 2016.

1. That's what Shaman Unnie told you to say!

2. SHAMAN UNNIE IS INNOCENT! Don't believe any article that Netizenbuzz posts! Stay woke oppar!

He likes this.
  3. I avoid the cesspool that is Netizenbuzz just as I avoid the musical cesspool that is Big Bang.

He and Mikl C like this.
  4. I love that TWICE member who's clapping almost the whole way through. She gets so into it.
    NAVILLERA is such a bop.

Mikl C and Squashua like this.
  5. Jihyo is shook. Just like her vocal stability. Navillera >>> Rough.

6. As much as I don't care for TWICE as a group I enjoy a lot of their members. I really like Jihyo, short-haired girl, girl who's an OH MY GIRL stan, Tzuyu, Momo and the one with dark hair who's a rapper I think?

7. Okay I got little emotional after Kpop thread had been locked...
    [​IMG]

But than again....show must go on, so this time I choose something really different, more explicit and risky combination
    Yes guys, I'm showing my neck(my back...), so scandalous.
    [​IMG]

8. For all their faults TWICE are charismatic (to varying degrees) and there's enough variety between them personality/look wise that you're bound to have a sub-unit's worth of preference. It's part of their success story along with JYP's level of budget, promotional tactics and generally making Korea his own personal fanboy.

junglefish and Slice of Life like this.
  9. That's true. For 2017 my resolution is to stop calling TWICE shit as much as I did in 2016.

10. And so the category number 2 for today is...

~BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE~

YATH another meaty category. In a sea of tragic *coughtiffanycough* live performances in 2016, these 5 nominees triumphed. Some showed serious lung power, some danced for their lives and some did something that is just truly iconic. Let's meet our nominees.

[​IMG]

1. Mamamoo's Blue Dragon Film Awards Performance
    2. GFriend's MMA Performance
    3. Seventeen's Every Performance
    4. GFriend x Seventeen's MAMA Performance
    5. Oh My Girl Seunghee's Various Performances

~4TH PLACE~
    TIE

[​IMG]

GFRIEND
    Navillera & Rough Performance at the MelOn Music Awards

Voters:
    @McQueer
    @Gintoki

Slice of Life: This is still such a stunning performance. Whenever I listen to Yuju's opening part, I just melt and get the best goosebumps. This is seriously amazing.

AND

[​IMG]

SEVENTEEN
    All Various Performances

Voters:
    @Penguin
    @Lego

Slice of Life: I think the fact that I became Pretty U's most vocal admirer after watching the live performances is a testament to Seventeen's power as a performers. I used to think Pretty U was pretty shit but now I love it as much as Very Nice and BOOMBOOM. Seventeen... they did that.

~3RD PLACE~

[​IMG]

OH MY GIRL'S SEUNGHEE
    Various Performances from the Girl Spirit TV show

Voters:
    @Squashua
    @Ceir
    @SloMover

Squashua: For giving us a performance of Cherrup where the vocals weren't slaughtered. THAT takes talent kids.

Ceir: DID YOU FUCKIN HEAR HER SING WHALE HUNTING? That girl is coming for Ailee and fast. The best part about her is she makes the songs work for her voice and her style. Dream Girl? Blasted it out of the park with those little ad-libs. Did you see fucking own Cheer Up while in Nayeon’s outfit? The girl is already amazing and she’s got years ahead of her.

SloMover: Stan talent, Stan Oh My Girl.

Slice of Life: Okay, I've seen people call Seunghee's success in Girl Spirit as undeserved. Why? Because she didn't belt notes like Taeyeon, Ailee, Hyolyn, etc? Well, guess what? She didn't need to. She didn't just go on that show to show that her vocal cords are made of steel. She performed. She made interesting song choices. She took risks. She didn't always perform high notes-heavy ballads. SHE CAME PREPARED. And she sl*yed. So take several seats.

[​IMG]

~2ND PLACE~

[​IMG]

GFRIEND X SEVENTEEN
    MAMA 2016 Performance

Voters:
    @send photo
    @ThighHighs
    @Slice of Life
    @junglefish
    @Monkey0

send photo: I was torn between the two groups until I saw this, I love compromise. They did thaT.

ThighHighs: The transition from GFriend doing Navillera to Very Nice is amazing. My two favorite newer groups with the performance of the year.

junglefish: I don’t know the names of any Seventeen members but I love them all and GFRIEND is the best girl group in the history of Kpop (kii) so it’s an easy choice.

Monkey0: JOINT STAGES ALWAYS WIN. In a world where most performance on awards show look like standard Show Champion stage, occasionally with basic remix intro or pointless “dance breakdown” getting joint stage by two acts who perform medley of their hits together already makes it best live performance of the year! It’s actually mash-up, medley with intervals, whole lotta dancing by both groups and cheesy scenes with pretending to be in love. I’LL TAKE IT!

Slice of Life: Honestly, watching 3+ plus hours of tragic MAMA performances was so worth it because of this legendary performance. They just... they did that. It was such a magical performance with great, great moments all throughout. I wish these two groups would perform more together. They are made for each other.

11. And so the winner for the...

~BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE~

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MAMAMOO
    Decalcomanie Performance at the Blue Dragon Film Awards

Voters:
    @Aries
    @ryan_riot92
    @He
    @ajmkv
    @Vesperly
    @Deja-Boo
    @D is for Danger!
    @Mikl C

Queens of Vocals! Queens of Ad-Libs! Queens of Making Snooty Actors React Like Kids Given a Piece of Candy!

Decalcomanie is the gift that keeps on giving. Not only did it prove that the Moo girls can release a bop that isn't cheesy, it also gave us amazing performances. But all those performances are just second to the one they did for the Blue Dragon Film Awards. Vocals, attitude, simple choreography... they did it to perfection. Brava!

Will the 8 ladies who voted for this, please air your thoughts?

ryan_riot92 spills that delicious tea:

ICONIC. Actors are always so unimpressed by K-Pop acts like their faces always read “Jesus Christ, why are these people here? They’re such an embarrassment and have no talent” … but they can’t do that to the MOO. MAMAMOO have the entire package when it comes to a K-Pop group. Sleekness, Style, Moves, Vocals, Humor … Talent. They engaged their audience too! Truly an amazing moment!

He became aware that Mamamoo are an entity after the song and performance sl*yed his life:

I literally did not give a fuck about this girls before Decalcomanie, but what a song and how fun are they on stage? They sacrifice a bit of synchrony in favor of power vocals and lots of energy. This performance stood out because they made an audience of actors get their lives instead of the usual scowl they put up when idols perform at these events.

SNSD’s trainwreck will still be iconique, though,

Vesperly is shading Serious Vocalists Who Take Themselves Seriously... whoever that is:

I love that Mamamoo are known for having Serious Vocals and yet they don’t take themselves seriously at all - and their charisma as a group on stage is magnetic. They’re just so unlike anyone else in K-pop, in the best way possible.

And finally D is for Danger! said that all he cares about is personality... right. Kii!:

When it comes to live performances in kpop, everything is so meticulously calculated and choreographed that there's no real room for idols to show some personality. That's where Mamamoo break from the norm. With every comeback, they find some way to improvise a little, usually by switching up the lyrics. It doesn't get better than the girls hitting on bored celebrities at some lame award show no one cares about.

Congrats, ladies! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

12. The adlibs in Decalcomanie's final chorus (and how the girls hit them every. Single. Live. Performance) are in the top 5 best K-Pop musical moments of 2016. Seriously, what a song even now.

Mikl C, He and Slice of Life like this.
  13. I'm so sleepy now but I must soldier on to give you another category before I leave you to your own devices and let y'all be your messy selves. Kii.

Okay, okay, the next one is...

~NUGU OF THE YEAR~

As evidenced by the success of my dear cyst @Squashua's Underrated Queens of K-Pop Rate, we here at K-Popjustice love our nugu faves so much. And it's only appropriate that we recognize the best 2016 nugus. Let's meet 2016's finest.

The nominees are...

[​IMG]

1. Oh My Girl
    2. Brave Girls
    3. Dal Shabet
    4. Laboum
    5. Stellar

~5TH PLACE~

[​IMG]

LABOUM

Voters:
    @send photo

send photo: Shrug, didn’t know what to do with this one. I think they’re the only one that’s not in another category and I’ve never actually heard of them so… that’s fair I guess.

Slice of Life: Poor, poor Laboumazing. They only got one vote... a pity vote at that. Kii. But don't worry, ladies. I'm a new fan and I promise to support you this year.

~4TH PLACE~

[​IMG]

DAL SHABET

Voters:
    @Lego
    @SloMover

SloMover: Even though I stan so hard for Oh My Girl, they're on the verge of breaking through in 2017 so don't need my sympathy.
    Dal Shabet, on the other hand, released one of the best tracks of the year with Someone Like U and managed to match it with Fri.Sat.Sun and become fashion icons at the same time with the iconic ripped jeans and black top combo. Dal Shabet released the ocassional bop prior but by losing two members (aka cutting the fat), they really found their mojo in 2016. Why do I get the unshakeable feeling they're about to disband at any minute though?

Slice of Life: In 2016, I found myself warming up again to Dal Shabet. They lost me for a few comebacks, but Someone Like U is impossible to resist.

~3RD PLACE~

[​IMG]

BRAVE GIRLS

Voters:
    @ryan_riot92
    @Deja-Boo
    @Monkey0

ryan_riot92: Imma Sassy Gurl! Imma TAWP (I didn’t even know it was actually “tough” until I got my album in the mail and read the lyrics … oops) Gurl! This was one of the hardest ones to vote for … except I didn’t even consider voting for LABOUM. I think I’m voting for Brave Girls because they were a group of lackluster tracks and went completely off the map for years … then completely rose from the ashes like a phoenix with “Deepened”! All the other acts have been fairly steady with their bops (even if Korea ain’t havin' any) and I feel like Brave Girls really turned it around this year. Congratz gurlz!

Monkey0: They gave us “Deepend”. Female version of U-KISS but with far less bops.

Slice of Life: I *hated* everything about Brave Girls before this year... but now I am quite a fan. Deepened is that Brave Bros bop that we all secretly love despite being Brave Bros antis. Kii. And High Heels is too iconic for Korea. Yoo Hoo can choke though.

~2ND PLACE~

[​IMG]

STELLAR

Voters:
    @Aries
    @He
    @ajmkv
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Vesperly
    @Gintoki

Aries: Nugus of the Decade, brought to you by the power of MakeStar.

He: I know Oh My Girl will take all the votes (all 10 of them), but I have yet to fall in love with their charms.

Sting is a small masterpiece, and their crowdfunding ways are an inspiration for all the other girls struggling to get any money out of their idol careers.

ajmkv: uhhhhhhhhghghghghghjagkhajkhgjkhgkjhfgkjsfhkgjhjhjh CAN'T CHOOSE. Everyone but Laboum? No? Ok...
    Stellar

Vesperly: Much as I love Oh My Girl, 2015 was their year for me with Closer. Stellar are the queens of crowdfunding, and I have so much respect for them and their determination to keep making music and start controlling their own image.

Slice of Life: 2016 is the year that I became a Stellar stan and even though it has been quite a shit year, I still thank it for bringing Stellar to my life. Sting is amazing but I don't see quite the same love expressed towards Crying which is also legitimately good. I actually like it more than Sting. Kii.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  14. And so the winner of the...

~NUGU OF THE YEAR~

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OH MY GIRL

Voters:
    @Squashua
    @McQueer
    @Ceir
    @ThighHighs
    @Slice of Life
    @Penguin
    @junglefish
    @D is for Danger!
    @Mikl C

FINALLY! MY GIRLS WON A GRAMAMA! I'M SO HAPPY!

And a Nugu of the Year Award at that! YATH! I'm such a mess.

But really, they deserve this for all the hard work that they did throughout 2016 and the bops that they gave us. I sincerely hope 2017 becomes their breakthrough year because I just can't live in a world where Oh My Girl is not at least a mid-tier group. I need them to snatch more weaves and Inkigayo trophies! Please make it happen, @God!

The people who voted for my girls are the best. Show your face, my loves!

Squashua, cyst, let's not talk about those reggae embarrassments please!:

No one put in more work than the OMG girls this year, and all they got as a Christmas present by the end of it was a HaHa reggae Xmas single feature. That's how bad 2016 was y'all.

Ceir, cyst, I love Seunghee but you calling my other babies as backup dancers is not cute. Keep it!:

STAN TALENT. STAN QUEENS. STAN SEUNGHEE AND HER BACKUP DANCERS.

OH MY GIRL, duh…

ThighHighs, cyst, not that song again!!! I have already forgotten about that!:

After coming out strong last year, they released 3 GEMS this year (and also a Christmas song we won't talk about)

junglefish, cyst, Laboum is amazing and you will deal. But yath stan for Oh My Girl!!!:

They’re all great except LABOUM, but Oh My Girl stole my little gay heart this year.

And again, D is for Danger! will close our write-up. I think that's fair because he is legitimately the biggest Oh My Girl stan in this forum. Hehe. Stan away, oppar!:

These girls were everywhere in 2016. Each comeback was more successful than the last. Each song offered a different sound and was refreshing. How could you not fall in love with the group members. Seunghee with her golden vocals and pudgy cheeks. YooA with her dance skills and sex appeal. Mimi with her infections smile. Binnie with her air of mystery. I expect more great things to come from this group.

Congrats, my babies! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ajmkv, ryan_riot92, Squashua and 3 others like this.
  15. ~INTERMISSION~

~INTERMISSION~

KARA's Seungyeon is here to demonstrate to us how to hog the spotlight like a true binch. Poor Nicole! Kii.

16. They literally were tho...

Slice of Life likes this.
  17. Okay, but you posted the wrong performance of Pretty Girl.

Mikl C, Slice of Life and ryan_riot92 like this.
  18. I was gonna say, this is the best performance of "Pretty Girl".

Aaaahhh!

19. I'm in love with her.

Slice of Life and Ceir like this.
  20. NO TIME TO POST MY NEW RED CARPET LEWK.

Let's go to the next category real quick which is...

~2017 WILL BE MY YEAR AWARD~

Let the speculation begin! These acts are looking to hit it big this 2017 but who do we think will really join the big (or even just the big enough) leagues? Let's meet our nominees...

[​IMG]

1. Oh My Girl
    2. Seventeen
    3. WJSN
    4. K.A.R.D
    5. gu9udan

~5TH PLACE~

[​IMG]

GUGUDAN

Voters:

None

Slice of Life: Poor GodSejeong and others. Their one stan in this forum didn't vote for them. That's okay girls, I believe in you. Just please, give me da bops. x

~4TH PLACE~

[​IMG]

WJSN / COSMIC GIRLS

Voters:
    @He
    @Gintoki

He: I really hope these girls hit it big next year, if they release a couple of Secret quality songs! I’m not too thrilled by how the newest one is sounding but I’ll see if some Yeunjung notes save it.

KARD are so impressive that I really want them to become a thing so a good project like them is validated.

Slice of Life: Things are looking up, girls. The new single is doing good on MelOn, I think? Kii. We're rooting for Yeonjung all of you!

~3RD PLACE~

[​IMG]

SEVENTEEN

Voters:
    @send photo
    @ThighHighs
    @Slice of Life
    @Lego
    @Deja-Boo

send photo: I’ve perked up to these guys in recent weeks (especially with this thread, slé) and I’m excited to delve into their discography.

ThighHighs: I honestly think that all of these groups will surely outpeak their 2016 successes, but Seventeen have more than enough potential to make it big in this next year!

Lego: 2016 was already their year but they'll snatch 2017 too

Slice of Life: Ooh, I actually voted for my sons? Kii. While they laid the necessary foundation for their future in 2016, I think they'll be a force in 2017 and snatch weaves left and right. Bookmark me.

~2ND PLACE~

[​IMG]

K.A.R.D

Voters:
    @Aries
    @ryan_riot92
    @Ceir
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Penguin
    @Monkey0

ryan_riot92: They are gonna sl*y so much!! I mean they had one of the best debut tracks of 2016 and they have the potential to become a big name in the K-Pop industry! … So long as DSP doesn’t slip up somewhere along the line, which is what I fear the most. Also BM and I will get married in 2017 so expect that too.

Ceir: BM BABY, RISE.

Penguin: Please

Monkey0: They can do this if DSP will focus on them. Having co-ed group rise to the top would be very refreshing and shake up the market a bit. Come through last hope of DSP!

[​IMG]

Slice of Life: I am actually worried that they might not surpass Oh NaNa because that song is just perfection. I hope I'm wrong. RISE SOMIN-J.SEPH OTP RISE!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.