K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Yikes. She starts off alright but it goes downhill from there.

Slice of Life likes this.
  2. Noooo you shouldn't.

(And Nicola Roberts co-wrote this:)

3. I loved the EP.

4. No sweetie. That's like a guide for the new releases. You can chose any song and album, really. But the more recent ones historically chart higher.

send photo likes this.
  5. ~+~+~GRAMAMA SPOTLIGHT~+~+~

Hi sweetpeas. Are you still there? Sorry for my slight abandonment of this thread because I just had to save @Deja-Boo's day by not letting ha rate flop. Kii. Anyway, I'm done with my Crayon Pop songs scores so let me get this thread back on track.

Okay, I'm done talking about the Disbandment of the Year nominees. And that honestly depressed me. So let's get to something a little lighter, shall we? I'll keep this short and sweet because we're running out of time. I still have to talk about, like, a million more categories. N N N N. Okay, so that's settled. Let me present to you the nominees for...

~COUPLE OF THE YEAR~

[​IMG]

ZICO & SEOLHYUN

aka 100 Meter Dash Olympics Finals Couple
    Relationship Status as of Today: Seolhyun was saved by Shaman Unnie's potion and she finally woke up from this nightmare (they're over)
    Length of Relationship: 6 months too long
    Reason for hooking up: Seolhyun wanted to see Zico's chest tattoo of his mom
    Reason for breaking up:
    FNC Entertainment's version:

The attention toward their relationship was too overwhelming, and they eventually drifted apart, leading to a breakup.

Seven Season's version:

It's true that the two have recently broken up. The reason for their breakup is unknown, and is a personal matter.

#NeverForget
    [​IMG]

---

[​IMG]

KAI & KRYSTAL

aka The Seal and The Trainer Couple
    Relationship Status as of Today: Krystal's still fucking your sexy oppar, girls. Stay pressed and depressed. Kekeke.
    Length of Relationship: Started on spring now we here
    Reason for hooking up: THEY'RE YOUNG. THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL. THEIR HORMONES ARE RAGING. SO THEY HOOKED UP. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.
    (Potential) Reason for breaking up: Jessica will tell Krystal to break up with Kai. Krystal already stole Taeyeon's thunder by dating the prettier EXO member, anyway. It's time for Phase 2 of Jessica's revenge plan.

#NeverForget:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---

[​IMG]

JUNSU & HANI

aka 2016'S GONNA BE LIT COUPLE
    Relationship Status as of Today: After doing it in the back seat and turning each other's world up and down, the sexy couple have officially called it quits
    Length of Relationship: approximately 9 months
    Reason for hooking up: This fancam, of course
    Reason for breaking up:
    A 'source' told Yonhap News:

There were rumors of them breaking up but they had been meeting well. However, they recently naturally drifted apart due to their individual busy schedules.

Banana Culture's version:

It’s true that Kim Junsu and Hani broke up. We cannot confirm the specific time when they broke up. It appears as though they naturally broke up because of their busy schedules.

#NeverForget:
    [​IMG]

---

[​IMG]

MOON HEE JUN & SOYUL

aka PLEASE GOD LET THIS BE NOT TRUE NOT THAT EMO-LOOKING AHJUSSI PLEASE LORD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE Couple
    Relationship Status as of Today: THEY'RE GOING TO GET MARRIED ON FEBRUARY NEXT YEAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Length of Relationship: It's been more than a year, I think? They met a long time ago (in 2013)
    Reason for hooking up:
    Let me not get shady and just share this cute anecdote from Moon Hee Jun-ssi:

I remember the moment I fell in love. It was when I was struggling with my diet. She went out of her way to bring this heavy box to me that was filled with ten 1.5-liter bottles of burdock tea, which she had brewed and prepared herself. Seeing her sweating bullets on that hot summer day [to bring me the tea], everything around her seemed to become fuzzy.

(Potential) Reason for breaking up: Again, I won't be a bitch to a couple that's gonna get married. What I'm going to say is that one day, Soyul will pull a Kylie Jenner and realize stuff...

#NeverForget:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---

[​IMG]

CHOIZA & SULLEGEND SULLI

aka Beauty and the Beast (a different kind though) Couple
    Relationship Status as of Today: Still fucking, last time I heard
    Length of Relationship: Do you really have to use the word length though? Kii. Okay, they're dating for some time now (they're the only non-2016 couple here). Probably even before Sulli was legal. I'M KIDDING. Am I?
    Reason for hooking up: Sulli's motto is most probably "Size matters"
    (Potential) Reason for breaking up: I don't see them breaking up, actually. I mean, I never want them to break up. Lord, Sulli and Choiza are Korea's Kim and Kanye. People pretend to hate them but they're actually so invested in them that their pathetic boring lives would collapse if SullZa couple breaks up.

#NeverForget:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    junglefish, Lego, Squashua and 3 others like this.
  6. Didn't they tell you Slicey was a savage
    [​IMG]

7. What kind of salacious Shakespearean levels of anti-chivalrous tragedy doth thou speaketh?

[​IMG]

8. I just saw top list of most popular idols in Korea of 2016(at AllKpop)....and can we just give an award to Suzy for the most popular even though she doesn't do anything.
    (still love her and can't wait her basic solo debut).

9. Krystal & Kai are the only couple that look good together. The other couples are repulsing (meaning the men are) ... Other than Junsu and Hani maybe. Gurls you can do better.

10. ~+~+~GRAMAMA SPOTLIGHT~+~+~

Hey girl (feat. Florence Welch)! Annyeong haseyo! I hope you enjoyed the last category that we talked about because frankly, I enjoyed making that one. But for today's categories, I'll be going for the mature look. So let me first put my serious face on.

[​IMG]

Of course, with some classy glasses to complete the look.

[​IMG]

Because we'll be talking about some of the ~technical~ categories. JYP, y'all ready?

Okay, let's start with this category, shall we?

---

~BEST CHOREOGRAPHY~

[​IMG]
    who said GFriend lacked visuals again???

ROUGH
    GFriend

Let me first say that for a winter release, this choreography is just some next level shit. I mean, yeah, there's the wintry forlorn face that the girls are sporting here. But those moves that are frankly unprecedented in girl group dances??? I am truly shook. Winter suddenly is lit.

Look, I know nothing about dance and shit. So y'all are gonna like what terminology I come up with here, deal? Okay, work. Let me re-watch the choreography video for a second. Let's re-watch it together!

Wow, that was... intense. Judging by their facial expressions, you can just say that they weren't here to play some stupid games and, like, dance to some choreography that imitates a certain letter of the alphabet. No, ma'am, no. You don't train for years for that. You don't give up beating your high school classmates and your Iljin Queen of High School throne for that. Right, SinBae?

Highlights include, of course, this move which I call Iljin Ballerina dancing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mean, the good sis Yuju was feeling her oats with this dance. AND SHE'S NOT EVEN THE MAIN/LEAD DANCER. And just enough peekaboo of their undergarments to satisfy the Uncle Fans' thirst.

Another excellent point of reference is this little number where the girls show some intense leg *and* wig stability.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is how you headbang, wannabe rockstars! Can't you feel the angst from this move?

And oh, this as well, where they tried to imitate a horse or something idk. It just looks cool, okay? Let me live.

[​IMG]

You can see here that SinBae was mildly irritated with the girls for their sloppy dancing. I mean, just look at that side-eye she's sporting.

Anyway, this is one kickass choreography and I fully expect to see GFriend in this category for next year's GRAMAMAs.

---

[​IMG]

VERY NICE
    Seventeen

VERY NICE INDEED. The poster boys (and main cash cow) of Pledis Entertainment are truly one of this year's main events. Frankly, any of their 2016 efforts could easily be the ones nominated here instead of Very Nice. So what made Very Nice just slightly more amazing than the other two? Well, Pretty U was very, very playful. It was a musical concept with nods to theatrical dance moves. But it just wasn't hard enough, you know? And of course, the vastly underrated BOOMBOOM is also very, very good. But I personally think it's too new to deserve such prized nomination. Very Nice was just the better Seventeen effort in terms of memorability and awesomeness. I'm a sucker for choreography that incorporates accessories. Here, suspenders are utilized to dizzying heights of success.

Boy group dances always, ALWAYS make it a point to showcase some very risque moves that involve crotch grabbing and sometimes, even tearing of clothes. Seventeen keeps it pretty PG and just settled with these moves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice how DK, man of wondrous thighs, leads this part of the dance. Pledis knows. They know that those DK Thighs are in demand right now. And they even had the guts to put him in the tightest of pants. Pledis, you're doing God's work.

Although this is a very *manly* choreography, a Seventeen routine wouldn't be complete without silly, cutesy moves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aren't they just adorable?

Of course, it's not a Seventeen dance if some degree of extra-ness is not displayed.

Here's Jun leading the gang with a Sharapova-challenging shriek.

[​IMG]

And some Infinite-esque scorpion dance.

[​IMG]

Of, course, the suspenders are used throughout the routine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vote for Seventeen's Very Nice choreography if you're all about synchronicity, flair and cuteness.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  11. ~BEST CHOREOGRAPHY~
    Continuation

[​IMG]
    This make-up is... a choice.

SECRET
    Cosmic Girls / WJSN

A rookie group and already nominated for this prestigious award? Yes, hennies, GRAMAMAs are that progressive. Age should never be a hindrance to achieving the highest of peaks.

Cosmic Girls are Starship Entertainment's newest girl group and I must say, they really are different from their sunbaes, the sassy girls of Sistar. You can't say the same for some group named after some color combination. Kii.

Anyway, let's talk about their superb routine, shall we?

There's a lot of drama at play here. Cheng Xiao, bless her golden legs begins the dance number with some ballerina-esque moves and then two girls start doing this ventriloquist shit. I'm having a hard time describing this. Let me just show you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But the true highlight of groups with a huge number of members is definitely the formations that they create. And for a thirteen-member group, Cosmic Girls truly nail this part.

[​IMG]

Smelling your groupmate's ass? Sounds fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It helps that their outfits are almost the same.

They do some interesting intricate moves as well, which is always, always a welcome addition to a routine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope that in the future, WJSN tackles more hard and hard-hitting dance moves. The moves here are very delicate and matches the song well. But the potential to be even better in the choreography department is huge. I'm perched for their January comeback now.

---

[​IMG]

CHEWING GUM
    NCT Dream

MY BABIESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Okay, okay, I'll let my bias simmer down a bit. Let's watch this first.

One word: HOVERBOARD.

They did that. The youngest of the NCT brand totally won the inter-NCT battles of choreography. While NCT 127 and NCT U went with the very on-trend and typical dances, NCT Dream innovated. While NCT 127 and NCT U went with Western influences, NCT Dream kept it very K-pop: colorful, young, fresh, with a little serving of WTF. And because of that, they are now nominated here. How's that for an achievement? Kii.

I know, y'all probably thinking I'm out of my mind with my NCT Dream stanning. And frankly, I might just be. But I really do enjoy this. I tried resisting it for weeks but the song and the dance proved to be irresistible. I was smitten when I first saw the hoverboard performance video.

Okay, enough of my questionable stanning. Let's talk about the dance.

Let's first see some hoverboard posing... which isn't dancing but whatever. I like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But you came here for the dance, right? Well, here's some next level hoverboard tricks courtesy of these kids.

Here's Prince Jaemin coming for Kim Yuna's gig.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some acrobatics to keep things interesting and fresh.

[​IMG]

S L A Y

And there's some non-hoverboard dancing too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Come on. Give in already to the magic that is NCT Dream.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  12. ~BEST CHOREOGRAPHY~
    Continuation

[​IMG]

BOOMBAYAH
    BLACKPINK

Hold up. A YG Entertainment group is a nominee for Best Choreography???

[​IMG]

Okay, you want some evidence because I have some.

Told ya, gerls. Times are changing. And let BLACKPINK lead that YG change.

What I like about BLACKPINK is that even though they are obviously more focused with their dancing compared to their sunbaes, they never lose that YG stance: that swagger, that confidence, that charisma, that intimidation factor. Even if their swinging their heads like it's nobody's business, they maintain that YG allure. Do they train that too? I wonder...

So, as for the dance, well, even though YG's lighting system sucks big-time, the girls still make their presence felt in the dance practice video. That's talent for you. Here are some highlights.

Okay, let's just get it out of the way since it's expected anyway: THAT ROSE MOMENT WITH THE FLOOR.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course, that moment when Jennie's soul almost escaped her body when she jumped unto the three other girls. That determination.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And can we forget their iconic hair flips???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think my neck is hurting N N N N.

And of course, their very unsubtle way of touching each other. Make them ahjussis die of thirst, girls!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kudos to YG for making BLACKPINK at least discernible from 2NE1. If one group can dance their limbs off, we know it's the newer and still active one. Kii.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  13. [​IMG]

So a very dear friend of mine, @send photo, informed me that the word 'mammy' has negative connotations as evidenced by the photo above. It was never and never will be my intention to disrespect, ridicule or make fun of anyone especially POCs. But because of my immaturity and general carelessness, I committed a crime so big, it might threaten my budding career as Popjustice's De Facto K-Pop Ambassador. In line with all of these, I sincerely apologize and bow down my head. What I did was unforgivable and tragic. And I cannot promise to never make mistakes with this degree again. But what I can promise is that I will now try harder to be more careful of my words and actions. I have failed you today, great people of the K-Popjustice community. But I will rise from this mud of embarrassment and show you that I have more to offer. This is just a test from God and I am certain that I will pass this. I will be reflecting like a good idol and will be coming back with a more mature image. Thank you for your support.

And because of that, I have decided to change the name of our Awards Show to GRAMAMA Awards. It is still derived from Grammy Awards and MAMA Awards. I'm too lazy to think of a more creative name. Kekeke. I will be changing all the graphics that contain the word 'mammy' tomorrow. I will also be editing all the write ups and make sure that all traces of that terrible, terrible word would be eviscerated to oblivion.

Kamsahamnida.

*90 degree bow*

junglefish, He, ohnostalgia and 4 others like this.
  14. Well It's not a K-Pop awards show without a culturally questionable scandal waiting in the wings.... I jest Slicey, you weren't to know.

But bollocks I glossed over the fact BlackPink were in this category - y'all best not do Rough wrong...

He, Mikl C, Deja-Boo and 3 others like this.
  15. You taught me well, mawma! x

You know what? I'm actually really living for this. I mean, yes, I made a terrible racist mistake, but that's K-pop for you. K-pop and racism are the tandem that keeps on giving. Kii.

junglefish and send photo like this.
  16. Not Slice of Life snatched the award for best kpop apology from Tzuyu.

17. Slice of Life should e-mail that apology to YG. They can use it as template.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  18. N N N N I would be ecstatic if one of those shitty Korean companies use my apology letter for their scandals.

But thank you for your kind words, sweeties. x

send photo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.