K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - December 2016 Edition + 1st GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Oh my God, I'm coming out of retirement to do this. Let's go K-PJ sub-unit!

Squashua and Slice of Life like this.
  2. Sulli giving EXID Cream promo.

Slice of Life likes this.
  3. YATH YOU BETTER! I have waited so long for your return!!!

ajmkv likes this.
  4. The wait IS OVER.

(Feels good to be back!)

Ceir, Slice of Life and Squashua like this.
  5. Your shady commentary is missed tremendously. Don't leave us again ever. x

ajmkv and Squashua like this.
  6. ~+~+~GRAMAMA SPOTLIGHT~+~+~

MERRY CHRISTMAS, K-POPJUSTICE SUBUNIT!!! It's already December 25 here in my current location and even though as a Shamn Unnie follower, I don't celebrate Christmas and other holidays, I sincerely hope that you're having the time of your life. As Kween Mariah Carey once said, get festive!

[​IMG]

So as my Christmas gift to you, I'm back to discuss one of the categories that you'll be voting for in the 1st GRAMAMA Awards. I know, I know, I'm getting lazier and my updates have decreased these past few days. Blame the graphics that I made for this mess. My God, why did I enter this disaster? It's too late to back out now. Anyway, enough with the complaints. Let's get talking. Today, I'm gonna be talking about...

---

~BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE~

[​IMG]

MAMAMOO
    Decalcomanie Performance at the Blue Dragon Film Awards

It's no secret that Mamamoo are talented and capable performers. In a world where lip synching is tolerated and even celebrated (what's good, Britney stans), Mamamoo is a shining beacon of hope for #TeamTalent. These ladies have been hustling all year round with impeccable and energetic performances.

And yet, we weren't ready when they performed at the Blue Dragon Film Awards.

Blue Dragon, who? Yeah, I have no idea either. But I think it's kinda prestigious because respected actors actually attended it. But the Moo Mamas totally stole the show from the award winners. It is widely known that Korean actors, actresses, directors and the like are the worst audience for a K-pop performance. I mean...

So naturally, I did not anticipate this legendary performance at all. But Mamamoo and their clever team, of course, pulled through. Seriously, I need to applaud Mamamoo's creative team for always coming up with gimmicks that are effective and not annoying. Mamamoo is even known now as the Ad Lib Queens for their ad lib-y tendencies when it comes to performing.

Here are the girls and their clever words. First up is Hwasa's thighs and her thing for the adorably poker-faced Ha Jung Woo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Hwasa's thighs professing her love for one of my fave actresses, Kween Kim Hye Soo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Solar was a bit more low-key and chose cutie Kim Hwan Hee.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wheein, babe, not Lee Santa, please. Not that byuntae. Run, Wheein, run.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CREEP ALERT.

And finally, here's Moonbyul aiming for the dreamy ahjussi, zaddy Jung Woo Sung.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OPPAR IS SHOOK.

Here's probably all of us while watching this iconic performance.

[​IMG]

Mamamoo did that.

---

[​IMG]

GFRIEND
    Navillera & Rough Performance at the MelOn Music Awards

Aren't y'all tired of GFriend at this point? They are seriously killing it this year that it's become quite the norm to just call them Kweens and call it a day. I mean, if Rough isn't one of your K-Pop songs of the year then you're doing it wrong. AND THEY ARE CAPABLE PERFORMERS AS WELL. Talk about being multidimensional (Rita Ora teas).

One fine example is their awe-inspiring MMA 2016 performances of their hit songs Rough and Navillera. The performance started off with Yuju, some blue butterflies, a really large ballgown, and some serious lung power from the GFriend main vocalist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then SinB, of course, had to have her own solo stage. True Iljin Kween.

[​IMG]

YATH MAMA.

And a very special guest entered the scene.

It's Anna Wintour!!! I mean, Dora the Explorer!!! I mean, Hyeri. Oh, it's actually Eunha.

[​IMG]

Here's SinB starting the proper performance with some dramatic weave movements.

[​IMG]

Of course, the infamous Iljin Ballerina Dancing.

[​IMG]

LEGENDS ONLY.

GFriend is here to stay.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  7. That mamamoo performance is so incredible.

roux, Slice of Life and Squashua like this.
  8. ~BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE~
    Continuation

[​IMG]

SEVENTEEN
    All Various Performances

If there is one K-pop group that truly hustled this year, it's gotta be Seventeen. I mean, the boys came back three times. That's three title track performances. And add the various b-side songs that they performed at least once. You know what? Let me discuss those performances in detail. Kii.

The boys of Seventeen released their first full length album, Love & Letter, with the title track Pretty U. On their comeback stages, they also performed the hard-hitting Chuck. Also of note is the fact that slightly changed the choreography for Pretty U every week for the whole duration of their promotion time. The attention to detail is just superb. A month or so after, they released the repackage version of their first album with the title track Very Nice. As far as I know, they only performed Very Nice during that era. But the Very Nice choreography is seriously difficult too so they get a pass there. And finally, before the year ends, they came back with their third mini album with carrier single BOOMBOOM. This is where they went full on HAM. Aside from performing BOOMBOOM, they also performed Fast Pace and Smile Flower. Smile Flower didn't have any choreography aside from DK's eye smile. But Fast Pace is an entirely new Seventeen. It's rather sexy but not in the crotch-grab to hell and beyond kind of sexy. It's sensual. It has Latin undertones. And homosexual undertones as well. Kii. And they performed it mightily as well.

But in this post, I want to talk about a different stage. I'll be discussing their girl group song and dance covers and the creativity that they displayed.

THEY. DID. THAT.

I mean, of course, in K-pop, boy groups covering girl group dances is so common. But Seventeen made their cover fresh and original. First, they have forgone the more feminine dances and went for the fun and energetic instead.

Except that time when The8 came out of the closet looking like this.

[​IMG]

I'M COMING OUT.MP3~~~

Also me running towards ice cream.

[​IMG]

And in here, DK is feeling his oats during Like Ooh Ahh. Can't blame him though.

[​IMG]

Boys, please.

They super love Dumb Dumb as well.

[​IMG]

And their sunbaes, After School (RIP kii).

[​IMG]

STAN TALENT. STAN SEVENTEEN.

---

[​IMG]

GFRIEND X SEVENTEEN
    MAMA 2016 Performance

NOT THE TWO NEW BEST PERFORMING GROUPS COMING TOGETHER THOUGH. This is truly the highlight performance of this year's MAMAs. I mean, that I.O.I-Twice joint stage? Yikes. EXO's finale performance? Keep it. Taeyeon performing Rain instead of Why? Burn in hell.

Seventeen and GFriend made those performances look like school performances of tragic English literature.

First, gotta get that fangirl tears because oppar is flirting with a girl (!!!).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OPPAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HER HAND IS DIRTY.

Here's Seventeen seriously feeling their oats. And more.

[​IMG]

Manage your diqs, boys.

And here's GFriend with their clock cosplay.

[​IMG]

Oh, and Seventeen previewed their then yet-to-be-released single, BOOMBOOM.

[​IMG]

And here's GFriend wearing your unnies' blood vessels complete with their blood.

[​IMG]

Some cutesy shit when both groups were performing in the same stage.

[​IMG]

LEGENDS.

Anna Wintour is proud of you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  9. Hmm I don't check for boybands with hundreds of prepubescent members but those girl group covers were fun.

He and Slice of Life like this.
  10. ~BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE~
    Continuation

[​IMG]

OH MY GIRL'S SEUNGHEE-SUS

Various Performances from the Girl Spirit TV show

What a cutie patootie, right? Those chubby cheeks. Those round eyes. That warm glow. Seunghee looks like summer on a dark winter night.

Except when she's on stage.

She becomes a beast.

Seriously, where does she hide this persona in that cute, little body? It's insane how she transforms from a schoolgirl who has a secret crush on her teacher to a superstar with diva tendencies.

Also, how can she do that to Twice??? Nayeon even let her use her Cheer Up costume. Twice doesn't have any decent performance for Cheer Up yet, and here's Seunghee making them look like yesterday's forgotten meal. It's sad.

The competition is not here for her to steal the show. The look of terror in their faces though...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK

[​IMG]

SHA SHA SHA SASHAY AWAY, UNNIES. XO

Here's the money note for y'all, in case you're still alive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'M TIRED OF BEING A NUGUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~~!!!

[​IMG]

Sis, you're being a little extra.

[​IMG]

Oh, sis, am I?

[​IMG]

At least I'm not just an extra. What about you? xx

11. Only one member is pre-pubescent, unnie. Glad you liked them as much as I do. x

12. Seventeen's cover of Lion Heart is up there with the worst things to happen in 2016.

13. He

He

Same.

That was very cute. I can see why girls would stan.

14. So, I'm feeling like the GRAMAMAs are completely occupying my brain right now and I have been neglecting the K-Popjustice Charts. So for that, I am deeply apologetic. Here are 5 new releases for your consideration:

---

BUT BACK TO THE GRAMAMAs. Kii.

I gave a terrible feeling that I will not finish writing about all the remaining categories. I mean, I'll post about them to the best of my abilities but I'm just sure my write-ups would be all over the place and embarrassing. Hehe. So while I still have the time and my creative writing juices are still flowing, let me talk about the most important categories for the next few days. I am talking about...

~THE DAESANG AWARDS~

which are...

[​IMG]

~MESS OF THE YEAR~

[​IMG]

~OPPA OF THE YEAR~

AND

[​IMG]

~UNNIE OF THE YEAR~

Stay perched, my loves. x

junglefish, He and Squashua like this.
  15. @Slice of Life Can you explain how we should do this ? Honestly I get a bit confused by the first page .

16. Hehe, sorry about that. I was wondering why you didn't like my posts. Turns out my posts confused you. Kii.

Okay, the K-Popjustice Charts is still the same. Submit your Top 10 songs and Top 5 albums/mini-albums.

As for the GRAMAMA Awards, you just choose your 1 pick for every category. I think I may have to update that post and include rules and stuff to combat the confusion.

Also, I know that you're not much into K-pop yet so if you don't want to participate in the GRAMAMAs, you are free to do so. Hehe.

Again, sorry for the confusing posts and I'll be better next time. I promise.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  17. Actually I didn't listen to new songs this month , so I was thinking about not sending my charts.

But about GRAMAMA , yeah I'm a rookie. We should vote for every category , or ones that we want ?

18. Oh no. But I totally understand. Join us next time.

Yes, I would prefer if you vote for every category for fairness' sake. Let my write-ups help you. Hehe. (I will be writing more but if you want to know anything about any category, you can PM me)

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  19. ~+~+~GRAMAMA SPOTLIGHT~+~+~

Hi guys and girls! I'm back with a new serving of GRAMAMA Awards tea! I hope y'all are enjoying your Christmas dinners/dates/adventures.

As I have said earlier today, I'm having a hard time writing up for all the categories. I enjoy writing about all of these but time is really the enemy. So while I'm still in the mood to write and be extra, I have decided to write about the categories THAT MATTER THE MOST --- I'm talking about our Daesang Awards.

Daesang, nugu??? Okay, let me explain all this Daesang shit to you. I'm not gonna promise I'll be 100% correct about this but let me try. So in Korean award shows, there are three levels of awards: Excellence, Top Excellence and Grand Prize Awards. Daesang is, of course, the Grand Prize meaning it's awarded to the best of the bests. So in the GRAMAMAs, there are three awards that I consider the Daesang awards: Mess of the Year, Oppa of the Year, and Unnie of the Year. Most of the other categories fall between Excellence and Top Excellence awards. I'm just not sure where awards like Worst Use of Company Money and Disbandment of the Year fall. Kii. Whatever.

Okay, enough about those technicalities. Let's get the ball rolling with...

~MESS OF THE YEAR~

This year saw a lot of messery. Like, it almost toppled 2014 over as the reigning Messy K-Pop Year. Thank God it didn't because frankly, 2014 was such a difficult time for me personally. So, no thank you. Keep those 2014 messes in 2014. I even had such a hard time narrowing the nominees to ten. Some of the (lesser) messes that missed the shortlist are: dating scandals (this became the foundation of our Couple of the Year category), G.Na's prostitution scandal and the larger 'sponsor' scandal, etc. I skimmed 100 pages of Asian Junkie articles just to make sure that all the major messes are represented here. So y'all better get this one category right. Let the mess begin!!!

[​IMG]

TAEYEON VS. WIZ KHALIFA MESS
    feat. DJ Bonics and SONEs

God bless the MAMAs for providing this mess. They may have shit performances but trust that the scandals are well worth watching those three long hours of nonsense. In here, Wiz Khalifa and his team basically called out Taeyeon for backing out of their supposed joint stage at the MAMAs. A major kii was when Wiz Khalifa misspelled Taeyeon's name as Teyeon. Frankly, I think that this mess is only caused by a major misunderstanding (and maybe slight language issues). There was a lot of back and forth between Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa. After the first barrage of Khalifa and Bonics tweets, Taeyeon rushed to Instagram and posted an Instagram story telling her followers that no, she did not back out. Instead, she was told the stage was scrapped due to stage issues. Of course, Wiz and his love for drama called Taeyeon's ass again and another tweet flooded our timelines. It's actually too messy for me to explain so just click these links for more info... and kiis: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4, Link 5. DJ Bonics also did a rather long tell-all with Koreaboo but I hate Koreaboo so I would not be linking that one. BYE.

As for my opinion about this mess, I don't have any. I first followed this because I thought there was something substantial hiding in between Taeyeon's Instagram stories and Wiz's tweets. But I quickly realized that this was just a case of miscommunication and that Taeyeon is actually not gonna drag Wiz's ass, or vice versa.

My very professional rating of this mess: 6/10

[​IMG]

TIFFANY VS. KOREAN NETIZENS MESS
    feat. a dumb Instagram post and a questionable Snapchat filter

You know what? Tiffany is actually becoming my favourite SNSD member. And it's not because of her... heavenly high notes and Hyoyeon-level dance skills. I just really enjoy her as a person. She's so petty, has an interesting pre-debut mess of a story, and SHE'S JUST A MESS. Exhibit A: her 2016 mess which involved posting the Japanese flag ON KOREA'S NATIONAL LIBERATION DAY *and* then she followed that up by posting the Japanese Imperial flag on Snapchat. And let me just say that my first reaction to this mess was, "Tiffany, sis, are you, like, for real???"

Here are her posts, by the way:
    [​IMG]

Honestly, this was just a very dumb move mixed with just really bad timing.

If the good sis just didn't post the Japanese flag on Instagram on a very special day for Koreans, I doubt this would really damage her career. But shit happens and it happened to her TWICE because of that stupid Snapchat filter that she used. I totally get why there was such commotion when this mess happened. I get why Koreans were upset but what I don't get is the level of rage that they displayed on this scandal. I mean, sure, y'all hate Japan with all of your heart and her using that Japanese Imperial flag is just... dumb_dump.mp3, but to ask her to go die, leave the country and literally give up her career is a little extra.

Anyway, Tiffany has already made her soft comeback in the Korean show business through the KBS Entertainment Awards. I think her reflection period is officially over... thank God. I need more Tiffany messes in my life. Bring it on, unnie!!! (I already linked the Asian Junkies articles. Just scroll up and you'll find it.)

My very professional rating of this mess: 8/10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TZUYU THE TAIWANESE TREASURE VS. CHINA
    feat. Huang An, a really weird Tzuyu uncle fan, said uncle fan's distraught girlfriend, etc

A scandal where a pathetic man named Huang An tried to sabotage Tzuyu's worldwide domination by calling her a pro-Taiwanese independence supporter. The scandal peaked with this grainy, potato-quality apology video from Tzuyu and JYPE.

But because #GodIsReal, this is one of the very few scandals with happy ending. Tzuyu was declared innocent by no less than the Chinese state media, Huang An's music has been banned in China and Tzuyu continued her ascent to superstardom.

Oh, about that weird Tzuyu uncle fan and his girlfriend? That's irrelevant. But a good and funny chapter of this saga. Read about them here and here.

My very professional rating of this mess: 9/10 (Because the Chinese state media was involved. That shit doesn't happen everyday, y'all.)

[​IMG]

SOYUL AND MOON HEE JUN'S SURPRISE MARRIAGE ANNOUNCEMENT
    feat. a lot of meltdowns on the K-Pop General Discussion thread

Let me just quote these very extra posts... including mine. Kii.

That would be all, you honor.

My very professional rating of this mess: 1000000000000000/10

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    junglefish, send photo, He and 2 others like this.
  20. ~MESS OF THE YEAR~
    Continuation

[​IMG]

PARK GEUN HYE-CHOI SOON SIL (AKA SHAMAN UNNIE) MESS
    feat. a lot of people, really

Frankly, this is the shit. This is the mess of all messes. I don't think I have the range to talk about this so I'll just link these Ask a Korean articles for the complete experience: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4. I assure you, if you haven't heard about this mess, prepare a drink and a snack because this is the best Korea-related mess you'll ever encounter. This is peak telenovela realness.

My very professional rating of this mess: 1000000000000000/10

[​IMG]

IDOLS EXPOSING THEIR SHITTY SELVES MESS
    feat. Kim Hyun Joong, Yoochun, and Kangin

Yes, that shitty excuse for a man named Kim Hyun Joong and his drama is still ongoing (but it looks like it's gonna end soon, thank God).

Yes, Kangin is involved in another hit-and-run DUI accident... because, of course, once is never enough. Also because Korea is more interested in protecting oppar's innocence and honor and because OPPAR DIDN'T MEAN IT, his final punishment is just a mere fine. Get your shit together, Korea.

And yes, Yoochun is revealed to have a toilet fetish. No judgment here, bro. This is your safe space. (To be fair, Yoochun's case is still very on the dark so I will not be shady to him that much).

As a parting shot, here's a friendly reminder that Kim Hyun Joong oppar is such a romantic in real life. *heart eye emoji*
    [​IMG]

My very professional rating of this mess: 9/10

[​IMG]

SEOLHYUN AND JIMIN VS. KOREAN HISTORY MESS
    feat. Ahn Jung Geun

The two top madams of AOA was featured on a TV show where they needed to identify a bunch of historical figures. They fucked up and they did not recognize the great Ahn Jung Geun. Of course, Korean netizens were outraged yadda yadda yadda. Apology letters were released but the people were ultimately not appeased. Yas rhyming, let's get sickening. But AOA is gonna come back on January so I think the reflection period is finally over for these two. Bring on the bops, ladies. And study your history.

My very professional rating of this mess: 5/10

[​IMG]

DISBANDMENT AND MEMBER EXITS MESS
    feat. a lot of fangirl and fanboy tears

I already covered the 2016 disbandment cases here and here. And frankly, I do not want to be depressed because of it ever again. So let me be depressed due to member exits this time. Kii.

It's actually become easier for me to accept member exits now. I mean, my honeymoon stage with K-pop ended years ago so, of course, my skin's gotten thicker now. But every once in a while, a sudden member exit catches me totally off-guard and I become very sentimental about it.

Case in point: Minzy, Nam Taehyun and Moon Hyuna.

Minzy, as we know, severed her 2NE1 ties before 2NE1 ultimately disbanded. And I remember being so sad about it for, like, a solid half-day. So yeah, I took it pretty hard. Minzy was never my favourite 2NE1 member but still, I love(d) her and it sucked to see your favourite group slowly crumble like that.

Nam Taehyun's case was even more outrageous. Basically, YG dumped the blame on him on why Winner is unable to make a comeback. And it's because of his mental health issues. That shady ratface strikes again. Ugh. So because of that, Nam Taehyun was cut from Winner. What a freaking mess.

And, of course, my baby Moon Hyuna, the superior Hyuna, also left her group, Nine Muses. As my favourite of the group, her exit is even more painful than Sera's. I don't even know if I'm still here for Nine Muses. I mean, sure, I'll still check out their future releases but I'm not sure if my stanning will continue.

So yeah, bottomline is, K-pop member exits suck big time.

My very professional rating of this mess: 9/10

junglefish, send photo, He and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.