K-Popjustice Charts - December 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - December 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Clearly @eliminathan

2. I have no idea what’s happening.

3. What kind of villain edit made me into Kim and Hwayoung. I'm shook as shit because @BEST FICTION is really the mean one.

[​IMG]

4. Let's continue...

[​IMG]

I (KNEW IT)
    Sonamoo
    from the Happy Box Part. 2 single album
    TS Entertainment

19 points

Last Month's Position: 6
    Peak Position: 6
    Months on Chart: 2

VOTERS:
    7 - @D is for Danger!
    6 - @digitalkaiser
    3 - @ThighHighs
    2 - @Slice of Life
    1 - @Squashua

HOW DO I LOVE BEH-BEH

[​IMG]

NO PAIN NO LOVE

[​IMG]

Another song that has completely taken over my life is Sonamoo's dynamic new single, I (Knew It), which proved to have major staying power. It spends another in the top 20!

On my first few listens, I thought this was a downgrade from the still amazing Friday Night. But now? I think I love I (Knew It) more (although both songs are 10s). That chorus is just pop perfection. And the choreography is stunning as well.

Your comments!

Squashua: I (still) CAN'T SEE. I (still) CONFUSED. GET ME OUTTA HURR.

[​IMG]

AH KNEWITTTTTT

[​IMG]

(SOL: YATHHHHHHHHHH)

D is for Danger!: I can't praise this song enough. Of course it was a flop, but it'll always be a winner in my heart (SOL: And my heart as well. x)

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

MERRY & HAPPY
    Twice
    from the Merry & Happy repackage album
    JYP Entertainment

20 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 15
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    7 - @Serg., @eliminathan
    6 - @BEST FICTION

Wow this flopped huh.

Merry & Happy is the... I honestly don't know. Is this a single? It did get a music video and the girls have performed this on music shows. Anyway, Merry & Happy is a song from Twice's first album repackage of the same name.

I have no feelings for this. I'm sorry, I really tried. I already admitted that I'm not here for any Christmas music (bar Crayon Pop's Lonely Christmas keke). Merry & Happy is just not memorable to me. It's not bad. I quietly bop when I listen to it but I literally forget how it sounds after the song ends. At least the girls look amazing in the music video. I love this type of music videos where idols just have fun and are not too scripted. Makes me appreciate them more. Sana continues to be the definition of adorable.

Your comments!

BEST FICTION: This is lowkey better than Heart Shaker, don't @ me. (SOL: Heart Shaker, sweetie, I'm so sorry...)

eliminathan: I'm not huge on christmas songs but this one is really cute. Mina looks cute as hell in the video too.

Sanctuary, He, send photo and 8 others like this.
  5. 14

[​IMG]

TEXT ME
    DPR Live
    from the HER mini album
    Dream Perfect Regime

21 points

Peak Position: 14

VOTERS:
    10 - @Ceir
    6 - @Sanctuary
    5 - @Monkey0

Okay but this actually really cute??? He cute. He smol. He tiny. I think I might stan.

Text Me is taken from DPR Live's latest mini album, HER, which also charted on our album chart! We love indie success!

I mean, this is not unique-sounding and it doesn't reinvent shit or something but issa bop. And I bop. I love the "text me when you're free-ee-ee-ee" bits. And the music video is my aesthetic. The black and white still shots are a nice touch. Kewt.

Your comments!

Monkey0: @Ceir made me do this. (SOL: We been knew.)

Ceir: When the “Text me when you’re free free free… “ hit I thought “Oh no, it’s going to be a drop and there’s no chorus…”

I WAS SO WRONG

SO, SO, SO, SO WRONG.

WHEN YOU’RE FREE BABY

MUNJALEUL JWO BABY

SAENGGAGI NAL TTAE

But in all honesty the song is just FUN. His little quips smile make me crack a smile:

“I can get you up…I’m NASA!”

“Action, romance, comedy? Comedy?! You’re just like me!”

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

HELLO
    feat. pH-1
    Younha
    from the RescuE album
    C9 Entertainment

21 points

Peak Position: 13

VOTERS:
    7 - @Monkey0, @Slice of Life
    6 - @Ceir
    1 - @ohnostalgia

YATHHHHHHHHHHHH THANK GOD THIS OUTPEAKED PARADE KEKEKE

I'm sorry but this is just miles better than the actual single. I'm not sorry. x

Groovyroom continue to make me notice them. This is another win for the producer duo. I loved pretty much everything they produced in 2017.

But make no mistake because Younha absolutely carries the song here. Her lightweight and clear vocals work so well with the electronic production. Her vocals just... glides. I believe every word she utters. Kween.

The chorus is especially marvelous. The drums (?) are such a welcome suprise. Welcome back, Younha unnie!

Your comments!

Ceir: A solid mid-tempo from Younha, with PH-1 fitting in perfectly on the track. Another Groovy Room production that is flawless. (Iffy and Just U are also by him). (SOL: OMG SOMEONE ELSE STANS JUST U??? I'M CRYING!)

Monkey0: Even herer pre-release tracks ****, this is what Soyou would release is she was talented and sourrounded by creative people. (SOL: Ooh, here's the tea.)

Sanctuary, He, Ceir and 8 others like this.
  6. 12

[​IMG]

DDD
    EXID
    from the Full Moon mini album
    Banana Culture

23 points

Last Month's Position: 1
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 2

VOTERS:
    9 - @D is for Danger!, @Overdose
    4 - @karmarisma
    1 - @BEST FICTION

And DDD lives another day/month (unlike N.N.N kii) and spends another month in the top 20.

Just like Red Velvet's Peek-A-Boo, this sounds surprisingly even better now. I am admittedly not the biggest fan of EXID's signature sound (basically different versions of Up & Down) but DDD is an anomaly. I stan the shit out of it.

Also, I've seen a few people shade this and call it 'lesser' than Night Rather Day. I just want to let y'all know that you are wrong. I agree that Night Rather Than Day is still better though dddddddddddddddd.

Your comments!

BEST FICTION: Queens of longevity.

karmarisma: I will stan this song for as long as Hani continues to be hot...aka. forever

D is for Danger!: This moved up my ranks and became the second of my 3 obsessions during the month of December. The chorus is textbook EXID and the deol deol deol part is a massive earworm.

Overdose: This is gonna be on my ballot for at least 4 months. Truly the queens of hypnotic hooks. (SOL: Spoiler but your last minute vote single-handedly saved this flopping. Iconique.)

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LIKE YOU
    DAY6
    from the Moonrise album
    JYP Entertainment (Studio J)

26 points

Peak Position: 11

VOTERS:
    9 - @Slice of Life
    6 - @ryan_riot92
    5 - @junglefish
    3 - @send photo, @Cotton Park

Just missing out on the top 10 is the stunning single of DAY6, I Like You.

These boys really save their best singles for their full albums. I Smile and now this? We decided to stan forever.

I just really like this. I love the ~classic~ feel of the song. The rough electric guitars give the song such a texture. And the chorus...

[​IMG]

HJALP

This might be my favourite chorus of them. Every single time YoungK/Jae screams "johahabnidaaaaaa" I fucking lose it. So, so good. I want to live forever in those words.

I also love that the boys ended their Every DAY6 campaign on a positive note. The July to November releases were literally different shades of loneliness and I don't know if I could stomach another brutal beating to the heart. Thank Shaman Unnie they released I Like You in all of its classic, slightly cheesy quality. I love it.

GOODBYE EVERY DAY6. I will never forget you, my love.

[​IMG]

Your comments!

ryan_riot92: First these boys tell me they love me and now they are telling me they “like” me … smh … However, this was such a lovely way to close out the year of monthly DAY6 releases. Literally every time the elongated notes of when they sing “I like you” give me chills. Hopefully in 2018 we will see more from these fantastic boys. (SOL: UNNIE!!! *SOBS*)

RUNAWAY, Sanctuary, He and 8 others like this.
  7. Wow, so that's what @Slice of Life looks like then... the Miss Terry is solved.

8. After DDD (and this forum's stanning for it and Night Rather Than Day), I finally went into EXID's discography to give them a chance.

And it's so good.

[​IMG]

9. He

He

I'm proud of you, bb.

10. I love this cream

11. [​IMG]

I fucking hate y'all.

Serg., eliminathan, RUNAWAY and 9 others like this.
  12. LET'S CONTINUE, SHALL WE?
    TOP 10 TIME~

[​IMG]

DAY AND NIGHT
    Taemin
    from the Move-ing repackage album
    SM Entertainment

27 points

Peak Position: 10

VOTERS:
    10 - @eccentricsimply
    6 - @Squashua, @karmarisma
    5 - @eliminathan

Taemin proves to be quite the KPJ favourite huh.

Day and Night, the follow-up single to the still amazing Move, debuts on our song chart. And for a ~non-bop~, a number 10 placement is already a big deal. Good job, Taemints!

This is rather chill. I don't think it's nowhere near as amazing as Move but it's sufficient. I mean, Move is easily the best male solo single of 2017 so Day and Night had no chance, really. But it is still a stellar track. It reminds me of Gain's jazzy b-sides. The guitar work compliments Taemin's clean vocals perfectly.

The music video is like a fashion film for Ceci or High Cut magazine. It reminded me of this:

Your comments!

eliminathan: Another great song by Taemin this year, he was really on the ball. You worked hard Taemin!

karmarisma: Nice little breezy guitar number. I love Taemin

Squashua: Such a 180 from MOVE i can't, and yet I can because it's so lush and perfectly wintery. Don't @ me but the really jazzy strings and the acoustic guitars, as if you're in a little bistro on a cold January morning, are kinda what I wish GFriend's Summer Rain had been like. (SOL: Uh oh, @junglefish unnie are you reading this?)

eccentricsimply: Taemin has always been pretty insecure about the parts where he claims to be lacking. One of them is his songwriting skills - he always said Jonghyun was the storyteller of the group and that Jinki rose to the occasion, but that he wasn't up to their level or even close due to this difficulty with writing down his thoughts and feelings. However, after SM offered him a repackage but wanted I'm Crying to be the title track, he took it upon himself to write a song he'd be proud of singing, and he did really well at it. It has the same type of poetical intonation that paints his other songs, and it gives us a glimpse of what Taemin could do if he invested more in this side of being an artist. This is miles different from Move or really anything he's released before, and it showcases his versatility without making it look like he's a faceless artist. A true gem, indeed. (SOL: Kween of Taemin-induced Essays!)

13. 9

[​IMG]

DELUSION
    feat. Lee Hyori
    Uhm Jung Hwa
    from the The Cloud Dream of the Nine - The Second Dream mini album
    Mystic89 Entertainment

29 points

Peak Position: 9

VOTERS:
    7 - @ohnostalgia
    6 - @He, @junglefish
    5 - @ryan_riot92, @ThighHighs

The second highest ranking album track this month belong to two K-Pop Kweens - Uhm Jung Hwa and Lee Hyori.

Am I pressed that this didn't get a music video?

[​IMG]

But enough complaints. This is such a perfect opening track. The production is batshit bonkers which is always amazing to these ears. Seriously, K-Pop is already known for it's totally no-rules treatment of music but Delusion somehow takes that approach up a notch or five. And that chorus...

Why does it remind me of an OST of a Korean drama about an unassuming mother of two who's about to kill her unfaithful husband while he's in bed with his mistress? Iconique.

Your comments!

ThighHighs: This sounds like a long-lost Annie album track, which means it's obviously AMAZING.

ryan_riot92: Not one but two legends collaborating on one flawless track?? Like are you kidding me???? Their vocals together are quite glorious and mix fantastically. The track itself is filled to the brim with intriguing yet slightly quirky notes and sounds on top of a drum-line beat. It’s really amazing! (SOL: Yathhhhhh she gets it!)

Serg., RUNAWAY, ryan_riot92 and 8 others like this.
  14. 8

[​IMG]

UNIVERSE
    EXO
    from the Universe mini album
    SM Entertainment

31 points

Peak Position: 8

VOTERS:
    9 - @Serg.
    7 - @Squashua, @Ceir
    4 - @Cotton Park, @Slice of Life

And the highest charting male single of this edition of the KPJC is Universe by EXO! Congrats, babes!

Honestly, I feel bad for those measly four points now because God, this has taken over my life. THIS IS TOO PRETTY.

Every time the boys wail "I'll search the universe" I wanted to cry. And that bombastic middle 8... LORDT.

D.O and Chen once again display their vocal prowess. Chen oppa even serves lqqk after lqqk. Even I have to admit Bacon also sounds stellar here. Kai and Sehun continue being cute distractions. Why do I stan EXO's slower numbers so much? Ugh.

Your comments!

Ceir: G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. (SOL: Thanks xoxo)

It honestly started a bit slow for my taste, but I had to keep listening for Chen’s and DO’s voices. THEN, the guitars kicked in and I about died.

Cotton Park: wow

Squashua: This is gorgeous beyond believe. The vocals, the solemnity, the heartfelt warble of that one english line in the chorus. Added points too for having a literal beige tone colour scheme for the video and yet it still being glorious to look at. Coffee never looked so tasteful and yet melancholy. (SOL: DDDDDD SCREAMING! Beigeness always wins!)

15. Last result for tonight!

[​IMG]

GIRL'S TALK
    Chuu x Yves
    from the Chuu single album
    BlockBerryCreative

34 points

Peak Position: 7

VOTERS:
    7 - @He, @digitalkaiser
    6 - @ohnostalgia
    4 - @junglefish
    3 - @Kuhleezi, @eliminathan
    2 - @Squashua, @BEST FICTION

Okay, I'm on board the LOOΠΔ 3/3 train. This is so... lush.

Girl's Talk is the b-side to Chuu's solo single, Heart Attack. I'm not gonna reveal my feelings for Heart Attack just yet but I can confirm that I am in love with Girl's Talk. I'm a production binch (in case that ain't obvious yet dddd) so I'm naturally in love with that smooth af production. The beginning, especially, hits the sweet spot.

I know Yves and Chuu are really capable vocalists so I am just *very very very* slightly disappointed we didn't hear some vocal gymnastics here. Kii.

Oh, and Girl's Talk reminds me of a more subdued version of this bop from Brown Eyed Girls.

Your comments!

BEST FICTION: If LOONA 3/3 sounds like this, I'm ready to stan. Odd Eye CirclR who??

Squashua: Girl's bop, Girl's bop yeaaaahhhh. Seriously top-notch pulsator of a banger from the Odd Fruit Sapphic ladies. I heard a cobbled together mashup between this and f(x)'s 4 Walls and now I just want a LDN Noise x LOONA song - @Ceir might implode if that comes about.

eliminathan: I was a bit let down by Heart attack only because the last 5 solo LoonA releases were so good (sorry Yeojin). This song more than makes up for it though.

Kuhleezi: I can't with LOONA. After Chuu slightly disappoints me with the single, of course she would go and release the best B-side thus far. I CAN'T! (SOL: Are you okay, unnie? Blink if you're having a stroke.)

16. I want it to come down to Loona vs Loona for Top 2.

Slice of Life likes this.
  17. He

He

I think Uhm Jung Hwa has it in the bag, rightfully.

18. And it will be the most boring winner in KPJ history.

*runs*

Slice of Life likes this.
  19. He

He

Eliminate ha ballot for slander, @Slice of Life.

20. Considering none of my songs have charted so far and only one of my albums charted (at #10), it won't make a difference kii.

Slice of Life, Kuhleezi and He like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.